altText

Some Days ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:41 am

... Bulgaria never ceases to amaze me ... sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for not so good.

Take yesterday for example, I was working on a very tricky component for a new internet site I am building ... just as I was starting to get somewhere our internet connection just vanished (it does that).

As it hadn't come back an hour or so later, I decided to go grab a shower ... surprise surprise, the water had gone off (it does that too).

So, decided to abandon plans of finishing the web site or grabbing a shower and decided I'd wait until this morning.

Guess what? The electric had gone off! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(it sometimes does that too!)

Fortunately, it's back on now ... but how long it will last? Anyones guess!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:09 am

I can understand what your saying there Chris at the time its not funny but when I look back well I can't help but smile I can remember the time when I was about to prepares 2 full legs of lamb and get it all cooked for the curry orders of the following day, it was in the winter ans a little late too but I was bored so I decided to do it anyway after about 15 mins of cutting up this lamb the electric went off but not to worry I thought I have a big light on a few batteries as backup so I continued and then that light went off [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] em I thought whats wrong with that ? you guessed it the bulb had gone and I didn't have another so time to finish I thought I stated to clear up and put the lamb in the fridge wiped all the surfaces down locked up and went into the house and guess what ? the power came back on, this happened quite a few times to me in the winter and I think its just something you get use to and work round but sometimes there is a bright side
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am

This is what I call part of the Romance of Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:09 am

Very true krypton ... at least when the power's off we can light some candles!
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 pm

That's how it use to be in the uk so I'm told by my granddad and he had 9 children
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Emmm I don't think Chris will be wanting 9 children
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

too right ... one wife and one dog is enough
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Now now Chris you know you would love to have 9 screaming kids round you
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 pm

krypton wrote:
Now now Chris you know you would love to have 9 screaming kids round you

Actually I love kids, I'm still a kid in my head (lots of star wars, star trek, dvd's etc.), but I do love to give them back to their own parents after an hour or two!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:

Actually I love kids, I'm still a kid in my head (lots of star wars, star trek, dvd's etc.), but I do love to give them back to their own parents after an hour or two!

What the DVD's
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Yesterday was yet another 'typical' day here. I needed the brake pads changing on the Pajero so turned up at the local service centre at 10.00 when they open.

An hour later (after the mechanics had finished a pack of cigarettes each, a few cups of coffee and lit the log burner) they eventually ask what I'm there for.

I explain I would like to order and have fitted new brake pads on the front. Then ensues another hour of muttering, shining torches in my wheels, flicking through catalogues and telephone calls, etc., before head mechanic informs me he'll have the pads by 3.00 in the afternoon and if I take the car back he'll fit them there and then (20 minute job as he says).

I duly return at 3.00, give him the keys and wander off for a coffee to kill the 20 minutes. I return after this time to see the Pajero in the same place I left it, and, as far as I could tell no new pads (they usually leave the old pads, filters, parts, empty brake fluid bottles, etc. in the car).

I go have a little word ... 'you'll be next' he says. Finally at around 4.30 (not bad actually, only an hour and a half late) the car is driven into the garage.

The pads are eventually fitted and just before they reverse the car out I ask them to adjust the hand brake cable ... much deep sighing, a few cigarettes, etc., ensue before they adjust the cable.

Eventually, about 8 hours after my first arrival at the service centre, the pads are fitted and the hand brake adjusted.

The good news ... although I wasted a lot of time ... the two sets of new brake pads cost me 63 leva and they only charged me 7 leva for labour, which I considered most fair!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next job is the 'yearly control' (MOT) which arrives first week in January, so will keep you posted on that one!

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Well what a day you had Chris sorry for laughing, I had to get mine changed while I was in Bulgaria but it was a different story I when to a Bosch Garage ans asked them to change my front pads and it was all over and done with in no time, infarct they took me into Yambol while they did them and then called me to pick me up I don't think I even had time for a coffee but there have been other situations like yours with different people ? usually builders who spent more time drinking Coffee and chatting about what they are going to do, but have said that I was always pleased with the end result, I think its just a case of how we all have a different life/culture in the west we want it done NOW! but in Bulgaria there is more important things in life than what we want NOW! anyway all the best for your MOT I look forward to reading your next mini adventure
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Yes Chris,
At least they were done same day.
Had a pair of rear brake cylinders fitted last week, they were a day late coming, but at least they fitted them right away.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 pm

All the best for your mot Chris

sarah
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 pm

From what I know which is very little I would say your motor will sail through good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Days ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Days ...   Some Days ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Days ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next