The sausage obsession!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello folks - weather not so Springlike today so here I go with a question. There seems to be an explosion of people talking about homemade sausages lately. In our village at least 3 people have had sausage-making machines delivered and I think I read someone on this forum making kilos of them. I was just wondering why this sudden interest or is it sudden? I remember a few years back someone making them for sale, falling foul of Bulgarian laws but joining up with a Bulgarian factory. No idea if they still tasted like the British banger.
I know Bulgarian sausages are very overspiced for my taste but is it worth the investment and time making them for home consumption? I suppose if you are an addict - its something to do in the winter. What is going on? The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1995268642
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Esta ... do you add any herbs of some kind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Chris wrote:
Esta ... do you add any herbs of some kind?

Good question I would like to know what goes into a good banga? but I fear Chris that she may have to kill you if she were to let out the secret The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797 The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797 The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797 The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797The sausage obsession! - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:26 pm

We produce Lincolnshire "
style"
sausages

[url:34oh03v2]http:
//www.
bbc.
co.
uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-11006884[/url:34oh03v2]

That is all I am going to post as regards my recipe The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Esta wrote:
We produce Lincolnshire "
style"
sausages

[url:hu1fau1b]http:
//www.
bbc.
co.
uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-11006884[/url:hu1fau1b]

That is all I am going to post as regards my recipe The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1865348797

What is it worth to keep my mouth shut [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 pm

For those of you obsessed by snorkers, here's a good site:

Recipes, suppliers, who, where, what - everything you wish to know.
We have a large Kenwood mincing machine which does loads of other stuff and a hand driven sausage stuffer.
I'd recommend the hand driven variety because, when you stuff the skins it can become frenetic if the stuffing arrives quicker than the stuffer can handle. And, as all us blokes know, that leads to non gratification on the part of the recipient of the potential stuffing.
Angel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by 140 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : site removed by until checked by admin - admin approved)
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Well put Chris we have to be so careful especially in Bulgaria where a lot of people thing the provision or production of food is the answer to their income but from reading this I think Esta is only exchanging foodstuff for foodstuff or other which I think is fine, realistically its no different from say and electrician doing a job for a carpenter and the carpenter doing the same in return for the other but as you quite rightly point out what happens if things go wrong? and this could happen in the simplest of instants not only food but all sorts of things and I would say all of us are guilty to some degree in swapping favours so we should all be careful not only for or own sake but also for the sake of others.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:46 pm

This is so true Jane but lets not forget this also happens in the uk and I think I have just gone off topic???????? sorry The sausage obsession! - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 am

There is nothing better than a white roll with butter and a couple of sausages, maybe a slice of bacon in there too. The sausage obsession! - Page 3 1231724242
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sausage obsession!   The sausage obsession! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sausage obsession!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3