altText

Planning Permission for Water Waste

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Planning Permission for Water Waste Empty
PostSubject: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 am

I had put this topic up on a forum I used to use a few years back and thought that newbies would like the same info.

As of 2007 all New Build properties and re-build properties/renovations MUST have planning permission for septic tanks, cess pits. The rules originally stated that only septic tanks would now be allowed in BG, but on further investigation the EU commission will still allow for the construction of a cess pit/soak away, due to the heavy cost associated with septic tanks on the poorer community.

Even if you do not come under this category it is still worth making sure that your pit, (hoping that you use something and are not just letting it run into the nearest water way). Is on your skitza.

2 years ago it cost me 60 lev for the planning permission and took 3 months to get, mostly because the local planning man, just likes people to wait. I have yet to go back to have it put on my skitza as it has only just been completed. They gave me plans to follow if I wanted to use them, but not stipulated that I had too. I didn't have to pay for them either.

Normal rules of 3 meters from boundaries apply and if there is a water course nearby they will send an environmental officer out to check the area and possible impact if you opt for a soak away.. I didn't submit plans just filled in a quick form, then waited. I know that each area will probably have slightly different takes on this.

If your builder says it isn't needed.. DO NOT believe them, checks to new builds have been taking place in the coastal region and don't forget you would have included what you have on your census, so if it differs from the plans the have, (a lot of rural properties would have had nothing, or just a long drop or composting toilet) you are now on their radar..

Planning Permission for Water Waste 2581928987
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

Planning Permission for Water Waste 3356871870
Back to top Go down
dave2h

PostSubject: Re: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:26 pm

:Planning Permission for Water Waste 3897195628: Planning Permission for Water Waste 2345823347 Planning Permission for Water Waste 3998065313 WAS told by our local kmet/mayor to build a cess pit and seal it from leaking ,,,,,, talked with the area planning and they told me to dig a hole and cover it

so ended up doing a plan and showing it to the chief planning officer .............he said da stamped it took god knows how many copies paid 65 leva and its fermenting nice;
y thanks

just have to feed it now and then, an no BLEACH ALLOWED

and just a soakaway for the sink and shower grassed over and thriving,,,,, can grow nettles/thistles to amazing heights..(funny grass seed in that box)

Dave g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Planning Permission for Water Waste 3356871870 Good well done Dave! looks like it has all worked out nicely. Thanks for sharing and keeping us all updated. I am sure many members will benefit from you posts g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:36 am

yes well done Dave,

Very simple :-) I have a reed bed system in place. So the gray water goes into a top tiny bed with reeds in, falls into a large but shallow reed bed with more reeds in and finally makes it way down to a small but very deep pond and by then the water is usable, not drinkable. I've just got to put some steps into it so that the ducks, geese and dogs can get to it in safety.

I use Lime to feed the soak away, but again lucky that it is on a slope and when all the rain caused it to overflow I directed the overflow into the reedbed and I'm going to plant more reed around the overflow to clean that too. My last task which is going to take a while is to get the water back up the hill and onto the veggie garden without the use of electricity :-)

The no chemicals in the house is great too, I make apple cider vinegar and use it for everything, but you can buy it, its just plain apple vinegar, but as long as it is over 6% it will do the job. The only thing I still use at the moment is washing liquid and washing powder, even the shower gel and shampoo have been replaced with oat mixes. All works out at well over 80% cheaper too. So it can pay to be green :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning Permission for Water Waste   Planning Permission for Water Waste Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning Permission for Water Waste

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1