Water Company

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Wondering if there is anyone on this forum that has taken action against a water company or raised a complaint etc and how it went. As after what should have been a simple problem solved I am now at a point with my water company that I would like to make a formal complaint and if necessary shout very load about it so that others don't end up being held over emotional burners to pay for someone else's mistake... I don't want to do this at a local level either.

Also, if anyone knows the ombusman for utility companies in the VT region I would be grateful for the info as the British Embassy couldn't be bothered to respond to my request for an address.

Lastly does anyone know what and if the law is on water supply etc.. can they disconnect you, if so on what count, time consideration, etc... as I thought (could be wrong) that as with most European countries that withholding water was a breach of your human right, I know that in the UK they can turn your water down to a trickle, but can not turn it off. As I have found out on several occasions asking a lawyer here is useless as most have not kept up to date on European Law and just quote the communist rules and regs.

This might sound vague, but I would rather not go into detail in case this does take on a legal angle.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Don't quote me but....
I seem to recall from the deep and distant past that it is enshrined in BG law that water supply cannot be cut off. It's something along the lines of the 2nd law of human rights in BG. Enforcing it could be fun.
Having said all that, 2 years ago we decide to rid oursleves of reliance on the water company due to long term, ongoing problems with them. For example, a 3000 lev bill for one months water supply when we were actually in UK. Work that one out!Needless to say, we didn't pay it and urged them to take us to court, they didn't.
We had a well drilled, installed a pump and now supply ourselves. On the rare occasion (nowadays) that we lose electricity, we keep a ready supply of 10 litre bottles topped up.
Our experience of the local water company and it's employees is that they are, by and large, corrupt.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:47 pm

congratulations, glad you got sorted. s Our local waterman is great. not sure the company that employs him would be too impressed though. last year he took out our meter because it was leaking but reconected the pipe so we would still have water while he got us a new meter. then he forgot about it and didnt give us a new meter for a month, by which point i'd filled my pool for summer. rather than admit the mistake he didn't declare it to his company and we had free water. Water Company - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
seven
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:51 am

Hi Alfie,

I did look into if they could turn me off and in the water contract it does say that they can. Human rights... I'm not sure as even in the UK they are now allowed to turn you water down to a trickle, but not cut you off completely, so you can still fill a cup in about 1/2, but can't use the system as normal.

Also, if you check the Water Regulators web site, it turns out that the water board, just like the UK, owns the rights to your well and can test the water and shut it down when ever it likes...... I think that is one of the many reasons that all wells had to be registered a few years back. Sadly we sit not far above bedrock, which would cause us great issue trying to drill, but there is a stream just down the hill and no one above us, so we did contemplate using that if things got out of hand!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

A Bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label normally sorts these problems out for future reference.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:48 pm

ABC Property Surveyors.BG wrote:
A Bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label normally sorts these problems out for future reference.

used to work , round this area , years ago ...plus a box of chocs ....but not anymore ,or in fact for the last few years [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:55 pm

That's a shame......
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Bulgarian Water Association   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:19 am

Has any member ever had any bad experiences with the the Water Board, if so I would be very pleased to know how you went about solving the problem

As most members will know we had our villa illegally sold (stolen) by Dimitar Teoharov to a man in Sofia called Metodi. This action took place in April 2008 but we did not find out until we arrived for our holidays on September 9th 2008. we actually had guests in the villa during weeks in July and August and I was personally there in June not knowing that it had been sold

I had paid all the utility bills up to the end of July 2008 so when the August/September was not paid by me the electricity was disconnected which meant that Metodi had to register his company Bild Leasing with E-on to re-connect the electricity and then continue to pay the bills until such time that the Sofia Supreme Court issued the final document in our favour. A new account was set up with E-on in my company name on production of the evidence issued by the Supreme Court on November 8th 2010

The same cannot be said for the Water Board. As the Water Board did not turn of the supply at any time Metodi had no reason to go and register the villa in his name to continue to receive the supply of water, so in theory he has stolen my water Water Company - Page 2 927475117

On hindsight I should have gone to the water board and told them that I was not using the water so disconnect it, then Metodi would have had to register his company to get supply, the same as was the case with E-on
Through my translater I have written to the Dobrich water board manager who has said I MUST pay the bill as it is in my company name and they are not interested in what has gone on in the past, that is my problem he claims Water Company - Page 2 794030042
The outstanding account for that period of time is 2583leva, yes 2583leva, enough water consumed to supply the whole village for over a year
It has been suggested that I take Metodi to court, waste of time, the police claim they don't know where he is and I have not received a single lev from him regarding the winning of the court cases and being awarded legal costs and court fees amounting to over 9000euro Water Company - Page 2 794030042
To conclude, let me just say that I am more than happy to pay for what I use, and that will obviously be more water than usual because of the swimming pool T
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Water Association   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:00 pm

in my experience i havent found any way of avoiding paying the water board. on house i bought had outstanding utility bills for water and electric and after a lengthy arguement we still ended up having to pay it to recieve utilities. so good luck in your battle i hope you get further than me. if you do i'd really like to hear how for future reference as i agree you shouldnt have to pay someone elses bill. Water Company - Page 2 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Water Association   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:00 am

Hi Willow

So very sorry to hear this awful news Water Company - Page 2 3135333095! This is yet another stroke of bad luck for you both, honestly, I don't know how you both keep going - you are truly amazing and we sincerely hope you get this water issue sorted asap. Angel

Seven won his water case, might be worth contacting him re who to contact.
viewtopic.php?f=14&
t=4392&
p=37793&
hilit=who+to+complain+to#p37793

All the very best to you an if there is a way thought this I have no doubt what so every you will find it. Water Company - Page 2 1430720830

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Company

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2