Water Company

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 am

Wondering if there is anyone on this forum that has taken action against a water company or raised a complaint etc and how it went. As after what should have been a simple problem solved I am now at a point with my water company that I would like to make a formal complaint and if necessary shout very load about it so that others don't end up being held over emotional burners to pay for someone else's mistake... I don't want to do this at a local level either.

Also, if anyone knows the ombusman for utility companies in the VT region I would be grateful for the info as the British Embassy couldn't be bothered to respond to my request for an address.

Lastly does anyone know what and if the law is on water supply etc.. can they disconnect you, if so on what count, time consideration, etc... as I thought (could be wrong) that as with most European countries that withholding water was a breach of your human right, I know that in the UK they can turn your water down to a trickle, but can not turn it off. As I have found out on several occasions asking a lawyer here is useless as most have not kept up to date on European Law and just quote the communist rules and regs.

This might sound vague, but I would rather not go into detail in case this does take on a legal angle.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:01 am

this is the most frustrating part of living in bulgaria, where to get the help. as you say, no one listens. i enquired about the ombudsman, i believe there is only one and he was 77 years old when he took the post. Water Company 3135333095
I hope you get this sorted but i know how you feel, something simple becomes a nightmare. Water Company 1430720830
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am

Hi there,

Yes it is very frustrating. I think that part of it is that they are not used to people complaining. They are very nice about it all, but then just put a wall in your path which normally still leaves you with a bill!!

I have now found an email for the Bulgarian ombudsman which as you say seems to have to cover everything. I am quite sure that I'll not get a reply, but then at least I will have a paper trail if I need to take it further.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 am

s

Seven, why don't you contact the local Mayor see if he can help failing that go to the local papers or here is a list of papers in Bulgaria and VT appears to have 4. Plus there are various other Media connections on here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck Water Company 1430720830

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Good luck hope you get somewhere. I was told by the locals in our village that the water gets turned off if you do not pay your bill for 3 consecutive months. Not sure if that is legal or just what they do. Water Company 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 pm

I sometimes don't pay my water for months on end and have never had the water turned off in fact I recently had bought to my attention a water bill I had over looked that was 2 years old and I just paid it in the normal way without any problems c
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Anonymous

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 am

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
I sometimes don't pay my water for months on end and have never had the water turned off in fact I recently had bought to my attention a water bill I had over looked that was 2 years old and I just paid it in the normal way without any problems c

In Balchik, the water company is being extremely aggressive and nasty. They are avidly pursuing outstanding bills back to 2001 and also charging huge fines on any outstanding bills before you even get a chance to pay them. I know people in modest flats that have suddenly got bills for 700 and 900 leva. They have no chance of paying them on the average BG salary. If they don't, they will be pursued with a view to having their flats confiscated and, in a few cases, such proceedings have already been started.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 am

I pay my water twice a year, i take a photo of the meter, print it off and take it down to the office. never cut me off. g
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 am

This is more about a reported leak, which after being reported was not fixed by them for 4 days and they are trying to bill me, threatening to cut me off if I don't pay for their mistake!!!??
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:23 am

seven wrote:
This is more about a reported leak, which after being reported was not fixed by them for 4 days and they are trying to bill me, threatening to cut me off if I don't pay for their mistake!!!??

We have the same problem in Turkey, if someone sells a property and doesn't pay their bill, the water company will charge the incoming tenant. No attempt is made to pursue the person who owes the money, they expect the incoming person to pay it all. Any delay by the new tenant to pay up results in a 10 day wonder which is followed by a bailiffs letter. Bailiffs go into the Deeds office every week to confiscate peoples homes. This British outpost in Asia Minor is slowing getting like the UK, they have seen what the British utilities get away with and are out to get everyone who doesn't do as they are told. This is rather like being back at school, they will be giving us "
6 of the best"
next!!! Ouch!!

c Water Company 2381841692 Water Company 2381841692 c
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 am

Well I finally found the Bulgarian STATE ENERGY AND WATER REGULATORY COMMISSION and also found the water company on line and its web site.

So letters are now about to be sent off, noting that all the information that the local office has given me is either note on the main web site or is totally opposite to what the site says!!!

For anyones info that has their own water supply..BEWARE.. I've just read the whole document on the Vt water boards site and it is similar to the UK. Well water is not yours.. They can check it and deem it unfit and fill it in. They also have the power to check your septic tanks, soak aways and can deem them unfit for use and fine you too!!!!!

I'm sure many are going to say, yes, but look just how many just go into rivers etc.. but what better way to fund new sewage works than by aiming at foreigners!!!

I'll start a different thread for Soak aways and septic tanks re: the law on them.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

We have the same thing here in Turkey, they see the Brits as easy pickings and try anything to get money out of us, trouble is we are all leaving, so they will have to think something else up or the country will go broke, shame!!!

c Water Company 2079180590 g s
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 am

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I won :-) My letter of complaint was answered yesterday, by the director of the company in VT paying me a visit (with heavy's) and checking the meter, checking my documents and then we call went to the local office where he very politely apologised on behalf of the company and said that all problems will be fixed, all bills relating to the problem will not have to be paid and he will try to see that the person in question doesn't get sacked by retrained. g

Couldn't have asked for more... the only down side is that no more than a few hours later the waterman at the center of the problem was shooting his mouth off in the next village which has left some people who were witness to the problems worried about what they might do to get back at us both!!.. hoping that this is just hot air.

Just glad that the system seems to work, albeit that I had copied in my complaint to the relevant bodies.. which might have worried them.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 am

seven wrote:
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I won :-) My letter of complaint was answered yesterday, by the director of the company in VT paying me a visit (with heavy's) and checking the meter, checking my documents and then we call went to the local office where he very politely apologised on behalf of the company and said that all problems will be fixed, all bills relating to the problem will not have to be paid and he will try to see that the person in question doesn't get sacked by retrained. g

Couldn't have asked for more... the only down side is that no more than a few hours later the waterman at the center of the problem was shooting his mouth off in the next village which has left some people who were witness to the problems worried about what they might do to get back at us both!!.. hoping that this is just hot air.

Just glad that the system seems to work, albeit that I had copied in my complaint to the relevant bodies.. which might have worried them.

Proves the power of the written word "
The pen is mightier than the sword"
:Clap:Well done.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:39 pm

seven wrote:
Hi guys,

Water Company 2706089290[size=150:vvka04rm] Congratulations Seven Water Company 2706089290
Job well done Water Company 405927828
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Company Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Company   Water Company Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Company

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next