View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am

why is bulgaria obsessed with passports. you have to carry it everywhere, at the bank....passport, stopped by the police.....passport, year end tax.....passport. re registering.....passport.... any government paperwork.....passport. passport. passport. Passports 794030042 Passports 794030042 Passports 794030042

it is an extremely important document and at home (uk) it is kept in a place of safety until required, which is not often.

I live in bulgaria, but the litchna carta and driving licence dont suffice here. its odds on at some point that i may well lose it when i am out Passports 927475117 and the constant checking to see ive still got it is annoying.

so, are you allowed to carry a copy of your passport and keep the original at home where it should be. c
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:52 am

Some people carry a copy but to the best of my knowledge you should carry it with you. Even the Bulgarians must carry their ID cards. g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:58 am

starlite wrote:
but the litchna carta and driving licence dont suffice here

That's because the 'litchna carta' is no longer .... the new cards are only 'residence permits' and do not suffice as ID.

The old litchena karta (with your photograph, etc.), were accepted everywhere as ID.

However, even so, I still used to carry my passport as somebody, somewhere, would be bound to ask for it.

I did try use a copy once at Sliven KAT, but they refused to had a three hour drive to go home and get the original. I should have known better! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:34 am

Chris wrote:
starlite wrote:
but the litchna carta and driving licence dont suffice here

That's because the 'litchna carta' is no longer .... the new cards are only 'residence permits' and do not suffice as ID.

The old litchena karta (with your photograph, etc.), were accepted everywhere as ID.

However, even so, I still used to carry my passport as somebody, somewhere, would be bound to ask for it.

I did try use a copy once at Sliven KAT, but they refused to had a three hour drive to go home and get the original. I should have known better! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I believe this applies to a lot of countries across the world, as Brits we have never had to put up with ID's and suchlike, but many countries insist on their nationals having one. Here in Turkey we should carry our Driving Licences or Residency Permits wherever we are, but if we drive out of the town we live in we are expected to carry our Passports. Failure to have your Passport in your possession when stopped by the Jandarme results in a walk home to get it, regardless of where you have been stopped.

c c c
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

itchyfeet wrote:

I believe this applies to a lot of countries across the world, as Brits we have never had to put up with ID's and suchlike, but many countries insist on their nationals having one. Here in Turkey we should carry our Driving Licences or Residency Permits wherever we are, but if we drive out of the town we live in we are expected to carry our Passports. Failure to have your Passport in your possession when stopped by the Jandarme results in a walk home to get it, regardless of where you have been stopped.

In over 6 years here, the Police have never insisted I produce my Passport - I do need it for the Bank and suchlike, but the Card usually suffices. s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Unlike George we have been here for just over 3 years and have been asked for my passport every time we have been stopped by the Police. But since I have had Bulgarian registration have only been stopped once Angel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Unlike George we have been here for just over 3 years and have been asked for my passport every time we have been stopped by the Police. But since I have had Bulgarian registration have only been stopped once Angel

Unlike "
Tony the Lucky"
(there's a good nick for you, Tony Passports 1536469901) the Balchik Police would stop me at least once a day if I was driving for years, so I've probably been stopped around 2000 times in total and was never asked for my passport. Neither was I asked for it whenever I had to go to the station to explain why they were such idiots for stopping me - probably about 300 times. I was always on BG reg. Passports 794030042 Passports 794030042
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:49 pm

when we changed our car to a left hand drive i only drove on the main route to dobrich, until i got used to it, as we approached dobrich we changed over drivers. at the top of the hill the police were there, pulled us over and said. "
why you swap"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] he did not understand us, so asked for documents, i think he thought i was a banned driver, shrugged his shoulders and said "
go"
. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Typical Police. I love they way they say Document. So stern. On one occasion they didn't like the look of my photo so they both looked at it, then me. I can't help being so handsome Passports 2079180590
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm

As has been mentioned, the new LTRC, which replaced our Lichna Carta for proper Bulgarian ID, is not of any bureaucratic use and even in banks we now have to go back to producing our passport. It is necessary to carry ID with you at all times and not a photocopy. Whether or not you are asked for it is immaterial, it must be carried. Britain does not have this rule and so it might come as a surprise to newcomers but its a law not to be ignored. For Brits at the moment this is your passport but soon we will be able to have a proper ID card again which will mean a passport will not necessarily have to be used as ID.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Well guys i have got to say i never carry my passport,and i get stopped all the time by the police,when i am transporting my digger,only ever been asked for my vehicle details,and never for my passport so either you are in a bad area or they dont like you

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Mickhev has a new name???????

Luckymickhev [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Not that lucky Tony,they just done me for a cracked windscreen on my van,100 lev,off to Stara Zagora to get a new one fitted 400Lev,,,,,,,,is that lucky Passports 794030042

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Burnt fingers then mick. When you see all the Bulgarians running around in old heaps and not get stopped makes you wonder. What I want to know is why don't Donkey and carts have lights on them, and how come bikes ride on the wrong side of the road and never get stopped either and they don't have lights either. Makes the old blood boil. Passports 794030042 Passports 3135333095

OK your back to mickhev then Passports 3386807041
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Tony if your Bulgarian you can do what you like,as soon as they know your English then its Lev Lev Lev

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Passports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passports   Passports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passports

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next