altText

Todays Crossword

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:37 am

One down. You can get the answer by doing the appropriate across words but the answer seems meaningless. I realise that it's an American crossword so some words will be unfamiliar but even a Google search didn't help to elucidate matters :Todays Crossword 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Are you talking about 'ell' because the crossword changes for me at midday ... I did the morning one with no trouble, will do this afternoons a bit later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Yes, that's the one but I didn't want to give the answer because such things annoy some people if they had intended to do the crossword, like telling them the result of the soccer match they are about to watch. Any idea what an "
Ell"
is?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi fido

And, apologies to anyone that I gave away a clue on today's crossword!

They use this lots in online crosswords. Basically, it's an American thing. When they extend their houses, they call it an 'L'. Of course, they can't use just 'L' in the puzzle, to try to spell it out as 'ell'.

Basically, they build rectangular houses to start with, and then bolt on a conservatory type thing on the back, which then makes the building 'L' shaped!

Best Wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 pm

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Todays Crossword Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Crossword   Todays Crossword Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays Crossword

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1