HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Empty
PostSubject: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:44 pm

[size=55:2x8gqr62]BULGARIAN PROPERTIES!

Foreign citizens have the right to buy all types of land in Bulgaria only after registering a Bulgarian limited company. This is due to the limitation for foreigners to own land as physical persons. The company formed by a foreign person in Bulgaria is a Bulgarian legal entity, which is allowed to acquire land in Bulgaria by Law. This way foreigners own a company in Bulgaria and the company owns the land. It is a simple procedure to register a Bulgarian company and this usually takes about a week.

Will foreigners be able to buy land in Bulgaria in their own names and when?

Foreigners meeting certain requirements are allowed to own land in Bulgaria The amendments to the Ownership Act after Bulgaria’s accession in EU allow foreign physical and legal persons to buy land in their names only if they:
1. Are citizens of a country, which has a special international treaty with Bulgaria signed after 1.01.2007, which has been ratified and recognized by the Parliament of the Republic of Bulgaria.
2. Inherit the property by Law.
3. Are EU citizens or citizens of EEA EFTA States, who have permanent residency in Bulgaria.
4. Are self-employed farmers in a EU country, who want to buy agricultural land in Bulgaria for farming and move to live and settle permanently as farmers in Bulgaria and are registered under the Law for BULSTAT Register as farmers.
EU physical and legal persons will be allowed to own land in Bulgaria in the coming few years. The Treaty of Accession of Bulgaria to the EU allows Bulgaria to keep the prohibition for EU physical and legal persons to buy land in Bulgaria for up to 5 years for land and up to 7 years for forests and agricultural land after its accession to the EU. So, the earliest time when EU persons, who don’t reside permanently in Bulgaria, may be able to buy land in their names in Bulgaria may be in 2012.

All foreign physical and legal persons, who don’t meet the above stated requirements, are still not allowed to acquire land in their names. In these cases a Bulgarian company still needs to be registered in order to buy land in Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Whilst walking my dogs this morning, several friends approached me and said that a TV programme had featured Bulgaria in connection with owning land and that this year the government were claiming land back. Some friends are intending to buy in BG but were worried that their land would be taken away by the BG government because they were classified as foreigners although they are from the UK and have UK citizenship..

c c c
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:52 pm

This was taken from the European Enlargement commission site hope it helps Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? 3367882216

Bulgaria has been granted a seven-year transitional period (as were most of the other new Member States) during which it can continue most of its prohibitions on non-Bulgarians purchasing agricultural land, forests and forestry land. However, self-employed EEA farmers who wish to establish themselves and reside in Bulgaria can purchase land for farming purposes – but not for purely real-estate or speculative reasons.
Back to top Go down
BulgariaLawyer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 am

cheekychops wrote:
This was taken from the European Enlargement commission site hope it helps Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? 3367882216

Bulgaria has been granted a seven-year transitional period (as were most of the other new Member States) during which it can continue most of its prohibitions on non-Bulgarians purchasing agricultural land, forests and forestry land. However, self-employed EEA farmers who wish to establish themselves and reside in Bulgaria can purchase land for farming purposes – but not for purely real-estate or speculative reasons.

I think that this is a great success. In my oppinion many investors would like to buy agricultural land in Bulgaria and that will help to the Bulgarian economy.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:26 am

BulgariaLawyer wrote:
cheekychops wrote:

I think that this is a great success. In my oppinion many investors would like to buy agricultural land in Bulgaria and that will help to the Bulgarian economy.

Can you tell us more about this BulgarianLawyer? I would like to know about the legal aspect of it and what rulkes if any apply to none Bulgarians.
Back to top Go down
BulgariaLawyer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

sallyann wrote:
BulgariaLawyer wrote:
cheekychops wrote:

Can you tell us more about this BulgarianLawyer? I would like to know about the legal aspect of it and what rulkes if any apply to none Bulgarians.

Yes, of course,

It is a simple purchase deal with agricultural land. You should appear before the Notary together with the seller and sign the Title Deeds.

You will need your international passport. It sertifies which country you are citizen of. Also the notary will ask you to fill and sign a declaration about yoru citizenship.

Also you will need some documents to prove that you are a self - employed farmer. Also the Title Deeds will state that the land you are byuing is for farming.

If you set aup a company in Bulgaria, you can buy land now through this company now. It is allowed.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Thank you for the information and can you tell me do the inheritance laws of land apply the same way as they do with other property that Brits purchase for example a house. T
Back to top Go down
BulgariaLawyer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:25 pm

sallyann wrote:
Thank you for the information and can you tell me do the inheritance laws of land apply the same way as they do with other property that Brits purchase for example a house. T

No, at this stage the foreigners can buy a house just through a company. In that case applicable is the Company Law. If the owner of the company has inheritors, they have to confirm into 6 months term, if they agree to enter into the company and in that way to accept the house, which in fact is the company assets.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I think you didn't understand what I asked? does the inheritance laws for property (House) also apply to land?
Back to top Go down
BulgariaLawyer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 pm

sallyann wrote:
I think you didn't understand what I asked? does the inheritance laws for property (House) also apply to land?

If the dead man is a Bulgarian, yes, it applies. If the dead man is not a Bulgarian, it doesn't applies. Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? 3023850720

When the dead man is a foreiger, it applies the International private law code- because the property is situated in Bulgaria, and the man who passed away is not a Bulgarian and has other citizenship.
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 pm

This is very confusing and I'm not any the wiser after reading whats been said, so if I understand what your saying the inheritance laws for land is different to the laws of owning a house.
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

Hi,

I had no problems buying agricultural land here and now have over 70 decars in land and 15 in forest. I did make sure that my company was registered to farm, but I'm told that even that is only needed if you start to sell or trade from the farm. The idea that you can't buy agricultural land speculatively seems a little off kilter, as that is the only things you can do with the purchase of a forest that is registered for harvesting!!!

To clarify that last statement, I bought 15 decars of oak forest that was planted for the purpose (and registered) for harvesting in 25 years, now that is speculative as no one has any idea of the value of this forest in 25 years.....

You do need to check what category the land falls in, as this DOES limit what you can do with the land. i.e. if it is prime agricultural land, don't try to make it into a paddock as some areas are VERY strict about this. Remember that over 68% of food in bulgaria comes from the small holder.
Back to top Go down
prawler
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:07 am

It's said in first post - foreign citizens of EU can buy building land /regulated land plots/ as of 1.1.2012 and agricultural land as of 01.01.2014.
Noone is asking about whether Bulgarian companies can own it... sure they can.
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm

prawler wrote:
Noone is asking about whether Bulgarian companies can own it... sure they can.

I would have thought that was obvious Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? 3998065313
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 am

I'm not sure were to post this, or if indeed i can or that it's appropriate, but here goes anyway, it's something i spotted on Ebay
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 1292999013
Comments anyone????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria?   Can foreigners buy agricultural land in Bulgaria? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next