AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am

First topic message reminder :

[size=150:28zlhkuo]We are hitting £129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on. By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it......

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm

willowsend wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
This is a very good idea in the UK but what has this got to do with BG. Fuel - Page 2 794030042

Over here Shell is too dear anyway so most people use OMV or Petrol. Could have said LUK but it is not that good had a dodgy lot once, and the Gas was full of air.

Tony wrote This is a very good idea in the UK but what has this got to do with BG.

It has got as much to do with Bulgaria as the UK, because the price of crude oil is what reflects the price of fuel worldwide, so my posting about passing the information on to 10 or more people about boycotting BP etc is very relevent to the situation
Just imagine what the outcry would be if all the owners of BP fuel stations throughout the world lost their trade ( not forgetting that most have shops and cafe's) BP would have to do something about it. To conclude, Have a look at BP's profit and loss account for the last year and you might appreciate then where I am coming from T
PS News is coming out of Westminster is that they are looking at doing away with the proposed tax increase on fuel in the next budget Fuel - Page 2 3386807041 Fuel - Page 2 2706089290

I think your protest is rather short sighted. What you must realise is that BP/ Shell are in the FTSE top 100. Hence many Pension providers use BP as a source of revenue to help fund their Pensions for Pensioners. If the shares in BP plummet then the wealth of our hard hit pensioners might well be at risk as well as the UK economy. The oil disaster did nothing to help share prices and this ill thought out plan could be just as disastrous. I think that the UK is suffering enough without adding to the mire. You must also know that most of the cost of fuel is tax. So maybe;
a better idea would be to organise a mass protest against the Government have riots get people killed. Over the top, yes and so is this idea. Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 pm

tonyb60 wrote:

I think your protest is rather short sighted. What you must realise is that BP/ Shell are in the FTSE top 100. Hence many Pension providers use BP as a source of revenue to help fund their Pensions for Pensioners. If the shares in BP plummet then the wealth of our hard hit pensioners might well be at risk as well as the UK economy. The oil disaster did nothing to help share prices and this ill thought out plan could be just as disastrous. I think that the UK is suffering enough without adding to the mire. You must also know that most of the cost of fuel is tax. So maybe;
a better idea would be to organise a mass protest against the Government have riots get people killed. Over the top, yes and so is this idea. Rant over.

Absolutely right - it is the blue chip companies that constitute the backbone of British pensions. It IS the tax that makes up most of the pump price (as with cigarettes, but that is a different topic). I agree that protests against the Govt are in order, but riots are indeed a bit OTT :)) Luckily, I decided it was a waste of time paying into a Govt pension almost 40 years ago and didn't bother. What a good decision that was in retrospect - I'll still get my tuppence a week, I expect Fuel - Page 2 1865348797 Fuel - Page 2 1865348797 Fuel - Page 2 2381841692 Fuel - Page 2 2381841692 s s s s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Sorry Admin if this is straying off topic a bit, but I thought it might interest Tony

Can a smaller BP be the dividend payer it once was
Feb 01, 2011 at 16:48 Citywire

BP has started paying dividends again but investors remain unsure whether the battle-scarred oil group can ever be the reliable income payer it once was.

Dividend halved
Since the disaster at one of its rigs in the Gulf of Mexico last April, the company is much smaller both in terms of value and production levels. It has sold many of its businesses to help pay the massive $40 billion (£24.8 billion) costs related to the spill and production is down around 10% as a result.

Today BP said it would pay a 7 cents per share dividend, half what it was before the fire that killed eleven workers. That yields around 3.6%, much lower than for many other FTSE 100 companies.

Healthcare companies GlaxoSmithKline and AstraZeneca are yielding 6% and 5.5%, while tobacco group BAT offers a 5.5% yield.

Dividend could grow
But Julian Chillingworth, manager of the Rathbone Blue Chip Growth &
Income fund, believes BP still has a place in investors' portfolios.

‘You need a balance of higher income payers and companies that can grow the dividend,’ he explained.

Chillingworth believes BP could grow its dividend as it rebuilds itself although he said it would be important for the group expand its production reserves. On that front, he said the recent deal with state-owned Russian oil company Rosneft had great potential, even if the benefits wouldn’t be felt for some time.

‘My understanding is the company is presenting itself as growth vehicle. If Rosneft comes off and BP is half as lucky as it has been in the past that confidence will be justified,’ he said.

After all the partnership will be exploring in the Antarctic in an area that Chillingworth points out has the potential of the North Sea.

But the deal has worried many investors after BP’s Russian partners in its existing TNK BP joint venture said they would hold back a $1.8 billion dividend payment to BP and secured a court injunction to prevent the deal going ahead.

Chillingworth said he wanted more clarity on the group's strategy and 'a lot more clarity on this Russian issue.'

Dividend could have been higher
Stuart Joyner, analyst at Investec, believes that BP's management could have paid a higher dividend now but held fire because, understandably, it doesn’t want to antagonise US politicians
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 pm

So it was you who coshed me in the garage,have to get rid of my 4x4,your all on to me now

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 pm

I think this article says a lot about BP. It is trying to re-build and therefore Pension funds will be on a firmer standing as a result. It is one of the UK's blue chip Companies. Talk of boycotts and the like will not help any cost of fuel. The real problem is with the amount of tax you pay. As is the Tax you pay to drive on the UK's roads (road tax) if all the money generated from the taxes the UK would have the best roads in the world. But alas it does not work that way and the UK is the laughing stock of Europe as if there is 5cm of snow everything grinds to a halt.

Maybe people should be moaning about what happens to the revenue generated by fuel and road tax duties. :Fuel - Page 2 3897195628: Fuel - Page 2 2345823347 Fuel - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Thats easy Tony it pays the fat cats wages

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Yep your right. Fuel - Page 2 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 pm

But didn't we know that anyway Fuel - Page 2 3998065313 where else does the tax go Fuel - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 am

mickhev wrote:
So it was you who coshed me in the garage,have to get rid of my 4x4,your all on to me now

Mike

Could have been Mike - I'm not particularly selective - just go for the thick wallets. If you fill up my car for me, I'll give you your empty wallet back Fuel - Page 2 2381841692 Fuel - Page 2 2381841692 Fuel - Page 2 1865348797 Fuel - Page 2 1865348797 s s s s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
This is a very good idea in the UK but what has this got to do with BG. Fuel - Page 2 794030042

Over here Shell is too dear anyway so most people use OMV or Petrol. Could have said LUK but it is not that good had a dodgy lot once, and the Gas was full of air.

Tony, Perhaps what I suggested in my fuel topic about boycotting BP garages isn't such a bad idea after all. You ask, what has this got to do with BG, looking at Ashley's latest post, possibly everything Fuel - Page 2 3367882216

Re: Bulgaria's fuel prices soar on global oil shocks
by Admin » 14 Mar 2011 14:57

BNR

Carriers protest all over the country

Transport companies from all over Bulgaria protest against high fuel prices. They demonstrate their discontent through buying minimal quantities of fuel for minimal sums. The same kind of protest was launched on Sunday, too. Carriers insist for the government to make a decision making possible a reduction of fuel prices. The Commission for Competition Protection announced that investigation is initiated on a possible cartel agreement among petrol stations. According to Valentin Boyanov, chairman of the Bulgarian Union of Cargo Carriers if fuel prices remain as they are or go further up, that would entail bankruptcies of many transport companies.Admin

Admin
Administrator
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Yep I know Bryan looks like I spoke too soon. But nothing unusual about though T

Just proves that BG is catching up quicker in this modern day Fuel - Page 2 927475117 Fuel - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel   Fuel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2