Winter Fuel Payments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Winter Fuel Payments Empty
PostSubject: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 am

Has anyone heard if there has been a ruling from Brussels about being able to claim for winter fuel allowance if you live abroad and you are over 60.

The rules as they stand state that you can only get the allowance if you were already claiming it in the UK before you left.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am

Have a look here Tony could be of help Winter Fuel Payments 739492727

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... G_10018657
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 am

Thank you BGTRAVELLER . The information there gives the rules as they stand at present. It is my understanding that there is someone in Spain or Greece that is challenging the rules through the EU Commission.

Basically because we were under 60 when we came to BG we get nowt. What annoys, is that we still have to pay tax Winter Fuel Payments 927475117 but get nothing from everything we paid in during our working lives. We still pay tax to pay for everybody else to live off our backs. Free prescriptions are also a thing of the past. I know I am back on my hobby horse again, but it seems that if you pay in and move abroad you get nothing. But if you go to the UK with nothing you get everything. It's just not fair :Hair:. So just where has all our money gone?

What baffles me is that with the high cost of living and the constant c**k ups the governments of the day make, then a lot of us would not move abroad. If the UK was such a great place to live then we would have stayed there.

It is still the same in the UK now as it was before and is what I call a 2 place.

2 Many taxes
2 many immigrants
2 many excuses
2 many people claiming benefits illegally
2 many do gooders
2 many people

I'm all for fairness and the present system (if you can call it one) isn't Winter Fuel Payments 794030042
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 am

Have a read of this Tony its the latest I can find g

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:54 am

Thank you Ashley but having read them we are still stuffed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am

Sorry but that's all I can see at the moment I will check on the EU site and if I see anything will get back here g Bernie may have some advice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:29 pm

g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Ive checked !! rule is still as it stands ..the only ones getting it that shouldn,t are the ones making out they still live in UK ,whilst residing here ...so as Tony says ...we,re stuffed .....
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 pm

I didn't know that you could get this payment if you were out of the uk Winter Fuel Payments 3998065313
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

yes, you can continue to recieve winter fuel payments in bulgaria as long as you already recieved it whilst in the uk. seems an unfair rule to me. :Snow window:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:53 pm

You have my sympathies tony - some rules and regulations seem to get in the way of claiming anything!!

Winter Fuel Payments 794030042 Winter Fuel Payments 3998065313
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 pm

I just wondered if there was any difinitive answer to this yet or have I missed it Winter Fuel Payments 3998065313
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:13 am

varnagirl wrote:
Ive checked !! rule is still as it stands ..the only ones getting it that shouldn,t are the ones making out they still live in UK ,whilst residing here ...so as Tony says ...we,re stuffed .....

If people are claiming that they are still living in the UK, but in fact they are living in BG so they get the £200 heating allowance. That surly is FRAUD with a capital F
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 am

tonyb60 wrote:
Thank you BGTRAVELLER . The information there gives the rules as they stand at present. It is my understanding that there is someone in Spain or Greece that is challenging the rules through the EU Commission.

Basically because we were under 60 when we came to BG we get nowt. What annoys, is that we still have to pay tax Winter Fuel Payments 927475117 but get nothing from everything we paid in during our working lives. We still pay tax to pay for everybody else to live off our backs. Free prescriptions are also a thing of the past. I know I am back on my hobby horse again, but it seems that if you pay in and move abroad you get nothing. But if you go to the UK with nothing you get everything. It's just not fair :Hair:. So just where has all our money gone?

What baffles me is that with the high cost of living and the constant c**k ups the governments of the day make, then a lot of us would not move abroad. If the UK was such a great place to live then we would have stayed there.

It is still the same in the UK now as it was before and is what I call a 2 place.

2 Many taxes
2 many immigrants
2 many excuses
2 many people claiming benefits illegally
2 many do gooders
2 many people

I'm all for fairness and the present system (if you can call it one) isn't Winter Fuel Payments 794030042

:Howdy:I suggest that you and your hobby horse should have stayed in the UK until you were 60 (you wouldn't have had to wait to long would you) then you might have got the heating allowance
It goes to prove that there are still some good reasons for not moving lock, stock and barrel. The UK still has something to offer

[size=150:18j53ddp]Claiming Winter Fuel Payment and moving abroad
If you live abroad, you may be able to continue receiving Winter Fuel Payments if both the following apply:

you qualified for a Winter Fuel Payment when you lived in the UK
you then moved to another European Economic Area (EEA) country or to Switzerland
If you live in another EEA country or Switzerland, you cannot receive a Winter Fuel Payment if any of the following apply:

you are under the qualifying age (born after 5 July 1950)
you did not qualify for a Winter Fuel Payment before leaving the UK
you permanently left the UK before 5 January 1998
you normally live outside the EEA or Switzerland
you normally live in the UK (but you can still receive payments as a UK resident)
you are in custody under sentence during the qualifying week (20 to 26 September 2010)
Find out more about the following subjects:

Claiming benefits in Europe
Winter Fuel Payments 1430720830 Winter Fuel Payments 3386807041
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:06 am

No way stuff the 250 would rather be happy where I am T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Fuel Payments   Winter Fuel Payments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Fuel Payments

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next