altText

conservatories.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:38 pm

i would love to have a conservatory, that extra room light and bright and warm and snug in the winter. only i have not come across anyone here with a conservatory, nor have i see anything like a conservatory in bulgaria in building stores.
are they impractical because of the heat in summer :Sunny:and can they take the weight of the snow in winter. all the cafes are glass fronted, so not a problem with the heat i dont think.
anyone got a conservatory. :Please:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:34 am

Hi Starlite,

Being in real estate, I have come across a few houses that have areas similar to conservatories - these are rooms tacked onto (generally) the front of the house and the upper parts are covered in large glass panes on (generally) three sides. All this, though, is old construction - can't say I've ever seen anything that is less than 20 or so years old in this vein.

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:52 am

well, that answers that question. I know i have not seen any here and maybe they are impractical with the extremes of weather. not an option by the looks of it. conservatories. 927475117
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 am

starlite wrote:
well, that answers that question. I know i have not seen any here and maybe they are impractical with the extremes of weather. not an option by the looks of it. conservatories. 927475117

This is an example of what I meant (not the best one, by any means, but best I could find at short notice):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-329.html

I know that in this case they put in all these windows as at least part of the house was used for drying the tobacco leaves grown in the area.

Regards, George
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 am

I'm sure that most double glazing companies will make these to your requirements
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 am

thanks for that, its not quite what i am looking for.

im not sure conservatories can take the weight of the snow. but im not a builder, but that would be some weight on top of glass. s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

conservatories. Empty
PostSubject: Re: conservatories.   conservatories. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

conservatories.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1