HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Empty
PostSubject: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

“I have found out that Bulgarians do not live in the present. They have been taught to account for a range of norms. So, they often get used to other people making decisions for them, and wait for a leader to tell them what to do next. In terms of political affairs, it is very telling that there is strong reliance on external factors – somebody has to come and make things better for us. The fact that a single individual can achieve a lot of things and make his or her life happening, is not part of the common mentality. Unfortunately this mentality is being passed down from generation to generation.”

“Most of Bulgarians don’t spend much time in the present – instead they live with nostalgia for the past. They often worry about things not done in the past. Then for the rest of the time they daydream about the future – but note, they do not do anything to make dreams happen. Most often they absurdly rely on accidental wealth such as winning in the lottery.” Over the last 10 years the new generation has hinted that things have started to change. The young tend to be more freedom-loving and more rational. They know what they want and take steps to achieve it.

By and large, children and the family are the basic values for Bulgarians. Family gatherings have always been a source of positive emotions.
“most try to live in the present, though it is sometimes a hard job. This is real life;
the rest is imagination. Living in the past is folly: it is indeed a waste of time to re-live past events. Daydreaming about the future is not the right choice either. Nobody knows what the future may bring us. So, the most sensible option that remains is living in the present.”

As to the small things, daily routines, there are a few Bulgarians that can spot them and enjoy them. They are aware that contact with nature or with art, a meeting with friends or family, or simply an act of attention or support for others could make wonders for both sides in the exchange.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 pm

s s

Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3356871870 Noddy thanks for sharing and welcome back g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Nice to see you again and I love your thoughts here and I think you are right about the Bulgarians I don't think they know any different and it will be down to the next generation to make the changes to their lives Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Glad you both enjoyed it and I hope that now we can all look at the Bulgarians a little different.
Back to top Go down
Nikolay
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:23 pm

You are right indeed. Most of the bulgarians still live in the past and hearing "
how great the past was"
can be really often.
When I screw up something my mom and dad always start their rant with the words "
When I was your age....."
Angel
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Nikolay wrote:
"
When I was your age....."
Angel

I think you will find that this phrase applies to any culture in the world its their way of telling us they know better and have been there and done it Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

I seem to thrive when I have a daily routine. As I type that statement, I smile because in years past I would have said that I like “spur of the moment” situations. But all through my life I have never liked to travel;
that statement still stands! My body just has a difficult time adjusting to a new place. That is as close to explaining it as I can get. Having said that, we do make several trips during the summer and I think, "
This is fun"
. So if you can explain that way of thinking to me, please do! What I’m trying to put into words is the fact that I like simple, fun things.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm

This is something I have written on a plaque in my living room

[size=150:3sc2rxy9][align=center:3sc2rxy9]Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.[/align:3sc2rxy9]
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3356871870 :Thank you:nu2bg g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

In some ways noddy you are right. But isn't it lovely to be content with the simple things in life. The phrase that has been used E.G. In my Day. [quote]nu2bg[quote]Well my Mum &
Dad came out with that one and to be honest I think that in some cases they were right as we are when we say it to our children :Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3897195628: . A lot of Bulgarians have to live for today as there is little or no money to look forward on. But by the heck they have taught me a thing or two. The most important one is patients. What cannot be done today can or maybe be done tomorrow. By understanding this value I have learned that there is no need to stress Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3367882216.

Also unlike in the UK there is always time to be friendly and talk to one another, none of the Sorry cant stop c mentality. We can learn a lot from our Bulgarian friends and they in turn have and will continue to learn from us. Great life here aint it g
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 pm

You are right Tony and if only everyone could just be happy for the time we have now and take no thought for tomorrow because who know tomorrow may not come so there is sense in only thinking about the present.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

When we wake up in the morning my man always asks what the plan is for today and I reply ' lets just get up and see what happens'. I do admit to thinking a lot about things in what I call my 'twilight zone' which usually means I start to worry. When I really wake up the worry goes and I enjoy the day. Living with Greeks and Bulgarians has taught me a lot.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm

oldun wrote:
When we wake up in the morning my man always asks what the plan is for today and I reply ' lets just get up and see what happens'. I do admit to thinking a lot about things in what I call my 'twilight zone' which usually means I start to worry. When I really wake up the worry goes and I enjoy the day. Living with Greeks and Bulgarians has taught me a lot.

Same here. Stress what is stress. Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? 3367882216 What you cant do today do the next day or the day after that or maybe even next week who cares. Life is for the living your a long time in that other place........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can they live for the day and enjoy small things?   Can they live for the day and enjoy small things? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1