View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Gas fitters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was reading on another forum earlier about someone who needs a new thermostat fitted to her gas cooker and was looking to find one, anyway the Post was answered and someone had possibly found them one, but then the post developed into a war because others felt that this sort of help shouldn't be given on forums unless they are Corgi registered which doesn't exist in Bulgaria? anyway this person who I think must be a jack of all trades pointed out that there was no need in Bulgaria for this sort of qualifications? and that he, all though he claims to be an electrician, Pc engineer, builder etc said that he was probably more qualified than any gas fitter in Bulgaria? which made me wonder what qualifications gas fitters in Bulgaria have ? so if anyone has experience about this sort of thing it could be helpful to all of us.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

johnbaz wrote:
What do you need to be a gas fitter in Bulgaria , a spanner and some pipe tape . I put a oil fired boiler in in Scotland , my own , But i got a expert to sign it off to be safe .

[size=150:113eh9ht]BE SAFE AND ONLY USE QUALIFIED AND CERTIFICATED TRADES PEOPLE WHERE NECESSARY.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 am

Sorry john but this time you are definitely wrong.

Yes you do need to be a Gas Fitter in BG. Gas is a substance which can silently kill. It will ignite at a drop of a hat. In the UK there are so many safety devices associated with any form of gas heating it is a wonder that it ever works at all. When boilers are converted from oil to gas the extra ventilation required is ridiculous but is needed in case any gas pockets develop in the boiler house area. With gas there are things called post and pre purge inside the burner chamber because of the risk of explosion inside the heating chamber. I am somewhat surprised at your statement on this, as I had noted several good pieces of advice from you before.
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm

No joy from the shop, she told me diffrent make diffrent man, as gas fitter only knows that job.
Make of that what you will.So every make of cooker etc has a different fitter. Gas fitters - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 pm

a new thermostat fitted to her gas cooker
never heard of such a thing please tell more
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:12 pm

My reply was a joke , yes you do need to know what you are doing with gas . But looking at the welding on there gas pipe it just makes me think . Not much skill there .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas fitters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2