Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 pm

I was reading on another forum earlier about someone who needs a new thermostat fitted to her gas cooker and was looking to find one, anyway the Post was answered and someone had possibly found them one, but then the post developed into a war because others felt that this sort of help shouldn't be given on forums unless they are Corgi registered which doesn't exist in Bulgaria? anyway this person who I think must be a jack of all trades pointed out that there was no need in Bulgaria for this sort of qualifications? and that he, all though he claims to be an electrician, Pc engineer, builder etc said that he was probably more qualified than any gas fitter in Bulgaria? which made me wonder what qualifications gas fitters in Bulgaria have ? so if anyone has experience about this sort of thing it could be helpful to all of us.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Good question I've had stuff done through recommendation but I don't know if the person that did the work had any qualifications at all but thinking about it now I should have checked because you can't be too careful with gas, as for the person on the other forum who found the item and claimed to know more than the Bulgarians ? well I would say that if thats the case then he should know better than to advise anyone if he has no qualifications no matter what he thinks he knows Gas fitters 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Gas fitters 3135333095

Up until about 10 years ago here in the UK we had corgi registered plumbers fit our cookers, boilers, central heating etc then legislation changed and now we have to have corgi registrared gas fitters to do the same job at double the cost Gas fitters 3135333095 It has got to the stage now in the UK you cannot even fit a plug socket due to health and safety regulations, its gone crazy.

But lets face it, who in their right mind would play around with gas unless they knew what they were doing.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:42 am

oddball wrote:
Gas fitters 3135333095

Up until about 10 years ago here in the UK we had corgi registered plumbers fit our cookers, boilers, central heating etc then legislation changed and now we have to have corgi registrared gas fitters to do the same job at double the cost Gas fitters 3135333095 It has got to the stage now in the UK you cannot even fit a plug socket due to health and safety regulations, its gone crazy.

But lets face it, who in their right mind would play around with gas unless they knew what they were doing.

Oddy s

:Howdy:Berni
You won't get a Corgi registered gas fitter in Bulgaria, nor will you get one in the UK
Please read the following text, issued by the gas council
Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area.

Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
Hope that helps Gas fitters 1536469901
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:56 pm

I had a gas fitter 4 years ago when i got my cooker.
I had to get him to change the jets so I could go on to bottled gas. He was very good on time did the job and there was a list of gas fitters in Bulgaria, on the instruction book, with the cooker.The lady in the shop phoned him for me . Gas fitters 570106603 Gas fitters 570106603
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi would you still have the list? and do they have to be qualified ? at some level g
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Could be useful to have a list of qualied tradesmen, and not those who shout and say they are when they obviously are not Gas fitters 3356871870
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 pm

I know of 1 or 2 people who call themselves qualified Gas fitters 794030042 but qualified in what I ask myself and the only answer I come up with is Buls**t I know some people are happy to use just about anyone who says they can do it but ask yourself this if something went wrong will the fitter then say "
I'm sorry I made a mistake"
or "
I don't know what your talking about I never did it"
I think in most cases you will find its the later and probably this person will more than likely be a Brit trying to make a few bob wherever he can so my advice is always use a qualified fitter and preferably Bulgarian, it doesn't matter if a Brit says he's god unless he can prove he's qualified don't trust him. Gas fitters 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:16 pm

I to think a list of proper fitters would be a good idea and would make everyone feel better at least they would be able to make an informed choice

sarah Gas fitters 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:06 am

Look forward to watching this topic I do believe a list of gas engineers in Bulgaria could be very useful and does anyone know what sort of qualifications the people need to have to be able to carry out any work.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 am

Very good topic but I don't think it will be easy for anyone to compile a list of Bulgarian gas fitters and I'm not to sure about what if any training they may have all I can add to this is when my friends have had a new appliance they have always had it fitted by the shop they bought it from so maybe that would be the place to start and gather this information ie goto the suppliers and ask. Gas fitters 739492727
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 pm

I spoke at length to my builder about this as I was worried about my gas hob being fitted, as it was imported too. He did it and changed the jets, but then he is a friend and I know he did his own and it hasn't blown up.

Anyway, he said that there is nothing at all in relation to gas as it is still very new here in Bulgaria. Even with the gas bottles, they are meant to be changed over when you go for a refill and sent off to be checked for leaks etc, before being re-used, but they aren't and most places just fill your bottle up for you, which is exactly what happened to us.

He says that just like with his qualifications you can go to college, but this gives you your college certificate and says that you have passed.... but not to what standard and each college is differant.. as well as that it doesn't require you to update your qualification to keep up with new developments.. just the same problem with every trade from lawyers to plumbers here.

I guess the best advice is that if your that worried, don't have gas. We just make sure that the gas is turned off after each use and that my friend is happy to come back every so often to just check the system for us..
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:28 pm

:Sorry: Sorry all, cant fined it, Gas fitters 2345823347 but will keep looking.
It has been 4 years, but its the sort of thing I keep.
I will go and see if the shop were I got it from can help, in the new year.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi Miss happy look forward to seeing the list if you find it g T
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 am

What do you need to be a gas fitter in Bulgaria , a spanner and some pipe tape . I put a oil fired boiler in in Scotland , my own , But i got a expert to sign it off to be safe .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas fitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas fitters   Gas fitters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas fitters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next