altText

I think my dogs got Acne!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

I think my dogs got Acne!! Empty
PostSubject: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:54 am

Hi...My 7 mth old dog has come out in spots all along the upper and lower side of his muzzle over the last 2 days, really strange and they don't seem to bother him at all.
Has any one else come across this before?
I took him to the vet yesterday who said it could be an allergy and gave him an injection of antibiotics and some stuff that looks like Iodine to dab on them. Trouble is the dog goes absolutly nuts when I dab this stuff on (must sting!) and rubs his face all over the ground making it bleed trying to get it off.
Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:59 am

you can be so funny sometimes, that title is hilarious. seriously you have done the right thing taking the dog to the vets. it could be a number of things already discussed with the vet. allergies, as its only in the last few days, have you been working with any chemicals such as varnish, paint ect on your ongoing building projects . c

(keep observing to see if you spot any changes because zits important and dont make any rash decisions. I think my dogs got Acne!! 2381841692 ).

seriously, hope you get this sorted as the dog is clearly distressed by this condition. let us know if the treatment works. g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:12 am

Reminds me of the Wooden Tops and Spot the Dog I think my dogs got Acne!! 2381841692 I think my dogs got Acne!! 2381841692 I think my dogs got Acne!! 2381841692

Now the serious bit. Our old dog OBI 1 got Fox mainge which we thought was acne. But our local pet shop suggested that we put Tetrea cream and Cold Tar Cream on to the infected areas g. It worked as after a few days his hair started to grow back although very slowly.

Poor dog hope it gets over this soon.

Tony
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 am

Well it seems to be spreading now onto his feet and legs....so off to the vets again tomorrow....The vets are so cheap over here might even get him an MRI scan and his teeth done as a treat!! I think my dogs got Acne!! 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 am

I hope all is well and its nothing too serious do let us know what the out come is and will this effect your budget or have you allowed for it I think my dogs got Acne!! 1430720830 s
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm a bit late in replying and hope the dog's spots have gone away by now. But if not it could be mange or ringworm which spreads easily (and to other animals and humans so wear gloves). Or as your vet said an allergy, which will be harder to treat unless they can do more tests to determine what the dog is allergic to.
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:34 am

Suzee wrote:
I'm a bit late in replying and hope the dog's spots have gone away by now. But if not it could be mange or ringworm which spreads easily (and to other animals and humans so wear gloves). Or as your vet said an allergy, which will be harder to treat unless they can do more tests to determine what the dog is allergic to.
Yes, it was ringworm and yes, it does spread easily...because guess who got it? ME!!
After 3 weeks of tablets and creams mine has all cleared up (Thankfully) and the dogs is almost all gone, he still can't mix with other animals until it's completely cleared up, probably another week or so.
Not very pleasant for both the dog and me!! I think my dogs got Acne!! 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 am

At least you found out and it's easily treatable g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am

Glad to hear you found out the answer to it, but not a nice thing.
Make me feel itchy thinking about it. Lets hope it will all be gone for Christmas for you. :Hair:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think my dogs got Acne!!   I think my dogs got Acne!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think my dogs got Acne!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1