Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Empty
PostSubject: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

[size=55:2i6m7f3s]Sofia echo 19 October 2010

The number of Eastern European workers in the UK has hit all all-time high of 551 000, according to the Office for National Statistics, quoted in The Daily Mail.

The figures showed that there were a total of 2.4 million non-UK nationals active in the economy between April and June, an increase of 147 000 on the previous three months.

The previous peak came at the end of 2008, as the recession began to bite, when there were 2377 million foreign citizens working in Britain.

"
Only seven years ago, in the summer of 2003, before the admission of eight Eastern European countries to the EU, there were 1.39 million foreign nationals in jobs in this country,"
(the UK), says the newspaper.

Sir Andrew Green, of the Migrationwatch think-tank, is quoted by the Daily Mail as warning that a new wave of migrant workers would be damaging.

"
The risk is that we will get ­economic growth without encouraging more employment among British workers,"
he said.

The number of Bulgarian-born people resident in the UK has risen from 5351, at the time of the 2001 Census, to an estimated 35 000 by the end of 2009.

Restrictions on the entry of Bulgarian workers into the UK, however, mean that they make up a relatively small proportion of East European workers. Apart from the UK, Ireland and Germany and Austria have confirmed that restrictions on the entry of Bulgarians and Romanians will remain until 2011.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I drive past that cafe Plovdiv in Wood Green most days its been there for at least 6 years, there is another one in Tottenham called Olymp, all around that area i am seeing more and more Bulgarian number plates on cars, it seems that most of them are coming to London looking for the streets paved in Gold.
When i was in the hospital in Karlova with Tanya,s father, as soon as they found out I lived in London, the doctors and nurses attitude changed and they were all asking me to find them a job.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm

mike&tanya wrote:
it seems that most of them are coming to London looking for the streets paved in Gold.

s s

Right I am off to [size=200:3fts4rp9]London searching for the gold If I find any I will let you know g Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1536469901

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:01 am

perhaps they should listen to the words from Chris Rea,s song Road to Hell.
Just to fill in , apparently it was written by him whilst stuck on the M25 London orbital motorway ( or as its known locally the orbital car park). If you listen to the long version, you will hear him sing that he see,s a vision of his mother and she says
"
son what are you doing here, my fear for you has turned me in my grave, i said muma I have come to the valley of the rich myself to sell, she said son this is the road to Hell !!! .
This is one of those songs you have to really listen too, as he is one a song writer that actually tells a story in his songs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:08 am

oddball wrote:
mike&tanya wrote:
it seems that most of them are coming to London looking for the streets paved in Gold.

s s

Right I am off to [size=200:37zx9fz1]London searching for the gold If I find any I will let you know g Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1536469901

Oddy s

Just go to the nearest Bank and look in any Director's pockets - you'll find tons Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 2381841692 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 2381841692 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1865348797 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1865348797 s
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 am

Very good George, but why stop at their pockets?? Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges agai   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:45 am

Well, krypton, there are other places to look, of course, but that could get a bit messy Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 2381841692 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 2381841692 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1865348797 Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again   Number of Eastern European workers in the UK surges again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1