Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 pm

[size=75:27n4ddsw]novinite 19 March 2010

One of Bulgaria’s two major ports, Burgas, is going to cut by more than one third its workers in 2010-2011, its CEO Ruslan Petkov has announced.

Petkov hosted Friday a meeting between Deputy Transport Minister Kamen Kichev and the local trade unions.

Of the 1 360 workers of Port Burgas, 200 will be laid off in 2010, and 360 more – in 2011.

The meeting of the Deputy Transport Minister and the syndicates comes as a follow-up of the workers’ unrest in the Port in February and March as they protested against unfavorable state policies regarding a brand new but unused freight terminal, Terminal 2A.

Deputy Minister Kichev has announced that the government and the trade unionists have reached an agreement about the future of Port Burgas. The Port is not going to get a new loan but will be given on concession.

The Podkrepa Labor Confederation has declared that while it agreed with the government about the concession plan, it did not agree with the layoffs of port workers.

It is still unclear whether the Port of Burgas will be offered to potential concessionaires with or without the troubled Terminal 2A. The Bulgarian government is also considering giving on a concession the Port of Varna as well.

One of the arguments of the port management for making some 600 workers redundant is the fact that the Port of Varna employs 1 600 workers but processes twice more cargo than the Port of Burgas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Such a dreadful shame

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 pm

yes I'm afraiod this is the situation all over the world at the moment we have all the people at the top telling us its all over but I feel we still have a long long way to go and places like Bulgaria have yet to suffer the worst is what I think
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 pm

I can't reall add to this except to say I to agree the worst is yet to come for all of us
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:46 am

I agree totally a Black time for the Black Sea Port
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 am

pixi your so right it is a black time and I fear that it can only get a lot worse before it starts to get better for all of us but places like Bulgaria I think will be better equiped to deal with it you only have to look back in history to see that its the rest of us that I think will feel it a lot more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers   Bulgaria's Black Sea Port of Burgas to Lay off 600 Workers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1