400 euro Budget.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 am

First topic message reminder :

We moved to Radanovo a little over 6 months ago planning to limit ourselves to a budget of 400euros (775.00 lev) per month.
Since being here I have kept a record of everything we’ve spent and can happily say that we have over spent by only 113.00 lev!

We put 200.00 lev by every mth to cover the cost of Water, electric, wood and any other household bills and 575.00 lev every mth for food, drink and diesel.

Over the 6 mth period our average utility bills have been:
Water:16.00 lev
Electicity: 55.00 lev
Internet: 25.00 lev
Proxy server: 19.50 lev (We stream and download all our telly through the internet)

We paid 400 lev for 8 cubic of wood which will hopefully see us through the winter (already had around 2 cubic)

Every mth we manage to spend the other 575.00 lev! (incl diesel approx 60-80 lev).

I must stress that this budget is purely for our day to day living costs and doesn’t cover things like car insurance, medical costs etc.

We feel that we have a nice standard of living here and certainly don’t go hungry....lets see how the next 6 mths go!

I would be interested to hear how our budget compares to other peoples. 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 3367882216
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks for that reply Gimp. It is very heartening to know that posts are read with an understanding of what lies behind the poster's thoughts and that they have value whether or not they are agreed with.
This thread about living on a 400euro budget is giving all of us great insights and the fact that people from Turkey are considering coming to live in Bulgaria and not running back to Britain shows spirit. I was once told that its not wise to go backwards in life and I think its so true. Even though I was only in UK for 2 weeks I found it very easy to fall for the seduction of consumerism and greed! It is so easy to see beautiful things for the home, fashion or food and think that is what you need. If you are working and have a life, either here or there, I guess there is no reason why not, in moderation, but its a mistake to buy things just because everyone else is doing so and the shop displays are so alluring. Its so easy to get out the credit card and reason that you have worked hard so why not forgetting that you will one day be old. Probably quite good not to dwell too much on the future but there should be a bit of a break put on spending.
Having lived on next to nothing in Greece when going through my mid-life crisis and before picking myself up and working again, I can vouch for the fact that most people have hidden reserves of survival and when you have gone through a slough of despond, there is still a good life ahead. Bulgaria could just be a way ahead for the survivors and it does offer a pleasant life provided you don't expect a paradise and work at it. s
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Very well put oldun and I can see where your coming from with all you say I know for me it was hard to leave all the bells and whistles behind but what I didn't see was that it wasn't a loss but more of a change which is what I needed and I do believe that Bulgaria does offer that if you keep your mind open and don't walk round with blinkers attached or more importantly listen to much the the negatives that a lot of Brits seem only to eager to offer then your life could be what you want it to be and not what other dictate to you, this topic is showing a real light on the true life in Bulgaria and indeed what it has to offer now and in the future , yes its not for all but at least give it all you have and the rewards will be great 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 1536469901
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Hows the budget going now 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 am

Still managing to stay comfortably within budget 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 3367882216
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 am

Well done and fair play Andy 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 pm

For a lot Brits who went to Turkey to live it wasn't the "
Place in the Sun' they thought it would be, many have gone to BG to give themselves a second chance. Let's hope that they start growing vegetables and fruit as many other Brits and Bulgarians when they get there, then hopefully, they could live within a more easily manageable budget. 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 1995268642 c
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:49 am

itchyfeet wrote:
For a lot Brits who went to Turkey to live it wasn't the "
Place in the Sun' they thought it would be, many have gone to BG to give themselves a second chance. Let's hope that they start growing vegetables and fruit as many other Brits and Bulgarians when they get there, then hopefully, they could live within a more easily manageable budget. 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 1995268642 c

I think you have a valid point its all too easy to keep spending and not thinking about tomorrow as our parents did many years ago we all can learn something not only from the Bulgarians but also from people like Andy who has shown that you can live well and not spend the earth well done top you and oldun for showing us all the way its done T
Back to top Go down
Rimmer

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:21 am

400 euro Budget. - Page 3 3356871870

What a great pleasure to read and what an insight into life in Bulgaria.

I have been to Turkey a couple of times and found it vastly expensive in comparison to Bulgaria. Prices in Bulgaria have risen but it is still possible to live on a budget of 400 euros which would not get you very far in Italy or the UK.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Rimmer wrote:
400 euro Budget. - Page 3 3356871870

What a great pleasure to read and what an insight into life in Bulgaria.

I have been to Turkey a couple of times and found it vastly expensive in comparison to Bulgaria. Prices in Bulgaria have risen but it is still possible to live on a budget of 400 euros which would not get you very far in Italy or the UK.

So very true Rimmer and lets not forget that although cheaper there is also the very highly sort after quality of life which is worth a fortune to most of us g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:48 am

Many of us living here un Turkey are either on UK pensions for what they worth, or approaching retirement age. The Residency Permits for most British Expats living here are the biggest expense, 3 years ago the permits were £350 for a two year Pedrmit, now they are £370 for one year. Other costs and charges have increased, but only for foreigners living here, not for Turkish nationals and the majority of Expats believe that the Turkish government don't want the Brits living on their soil. They don't have a problem with them coming here as tourists and spending their money but they don't want us living here. This attitude from the Turkish government has encouraged a lot of Brits to leave Turkey and go to live in BG, some have gone back to the UK of course, but a lot have come over to you in BG.

Their exodus will be quickly followed by us when we sell our apartment here, sales in Turkey to Brits have plummeted, only German-Turks and Russians seem to be buying over here, the Brits have seen the light and are giving Turkey the big "
E"
. Bad news travels fast and as much as the Turkish government try to promote their country, the British press and TV have been informed of the problems here and advertised the fact in the UK. The majoriry of us want to get back to living the life we wanted to when we left the UK and I am sure most will be more happy with the cost of living and life in BG, especially as 400 Lev seems to be mentioned quite a lot.
400 euro Budget. - Page 3 2381841692 400 euro Budget. - Page 3 1995268642
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 400 euro Budget.   400 euro Budget. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

400 euro Budget.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3