Phoenix Inspire updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

Phoenix Inspire updates - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Inspire updates   Phoenix Inspire updates - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

I hope that the title does not confuse people but it somes up what I and others are doing in Novo Selo in the Vidin region. I am in the process of setting up a Chef and Restaurant School here in Novo Selo with the aim of training youngsters from the Children's Home and those from families in poverty so that they can gain employment in a kitchen, a restaurant, a butchers or even a bakery.

Someone told me the story of the fish and the fishing rod and it sums up what we are doing - giving them the skills so that they can fend for themselves. I have read that Roma youngsters are disadvantaged from families. Think of the disadvantages if you are Roma and you are from a Children's Home! The problem with post 16 vocational education here in Bulgaria is that you have to pay for commodities or resources and your bus fare. How can a youngster from a Children's Home or from a family in poverty afford such expenses? They cannot and so they don't do anything.

My charity, registered here in Bulgaria is called Phoenix Inspire. I would like to post regular updates of how we are progressing so that fellow members can read about our efforts, the frustrations that we have had to overcome just to get to where we are now and how we have changed the lives of young people to date. When you live in an are with high unemployment, deprivation and decay you cannot see opportunities. It is up to us to present them and encourage in the hope that they will grasp them at some point.

If you would like to contact me directly my email address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I hope to be staging a fund raising dinner at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Sofia in the future. I will post this information as developments progress.

If anyone wishes to help me with my efforts, or you have a contact who has some dosh spare please let me know.

best wishes
Whalesmc
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire updates   Phoenix Inspire updates - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks Sally I haven't seen anythink about Mick for ages, its good to know he is still going strong.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire updates   Phoenix Inspire updates - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:53 pm

g Great news yes he send me the newsletter every time. I am told it is a nice little restaurant now and everyone is doing well. Fab eh!!!! :Cl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire updates   Phoenix Inspire updates - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Inspire updates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3