altText

A look back to the past

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

A look back to the past - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Over the coming weeks I will be adding some photo's of how things were in Bulgaria many years ago so keep checking back

Professor Marin Stoyanov Drinov (Bulgarian: Марин Стоянов Дринов, known in Russia as Марин Степанович Дринов) (1838 - 13 March 1906) was a Bulgarian historian and philologist from the National Revival period who lived and worked in Russia through most of his life. He was one of the originators of Bulgarian historiography and a founding member of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (then the Bulgarian Literary Society), as well as its first chairman.

Drinov was born in Panagyurishte in 1838. He left for Russia in 1858 to continue his education. He studied history and philology in Kiev and at the Moscow State University, travelled and worked in Austria and Italy between 1865 and 1871. In 1869, he became one of the co founders and an active member of the Bulgarian Literary Society. Drinov achieved a master's degree and became a reader of Slavistics at Kharkiv University, beginning to work as a regular professor in the end of 1876.

During the period of Russian government of Bulgaria (1878-1879) Drinov was Minister of Popular Enlightenment and Spiritual Affairs. Taking an active part in the organization of the newly liberated Bulgarian state, Marin Drinov is known as one of the authors of the Tarnovo Constitution, the person to have proposed Sofia instead of Tarnovo (favoured by Austrian diplomats) for the new Bulgarian capital, and the person to have introduced the standardized 32-letter edition of Cyrillic that was used in Bulgaria until the orthographic reform of 1945.

Drinov lived in Kharkiv after 1881, continuing his scientific and educational activities until the end of his life. He died in the town in 1906 after a long fight with tuberculosis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Burgas station 1920-1930

Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Bourgas bicycle company in front of the district court 1908

Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:21 pm

These photos are brilliant nets can't wait to see more keep the rolling T
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 pm

I think Bulgaria looked better all that time back in history than it does now so what went wrong? loving this lets see more and I like the bit of history from mickhev A look back to the past - Page 2 405927828
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Great pictures nets A look back to the past - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Marvellous g Marvellous g Marvellous g and can we have more please A look back to the past - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Come on snipes more please T
Back to top Go down
Farscape

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Pazardzhik square with it's famous clock tower.
In the new photo the 'holes' are fountains which are switched on during the summer months. To the left is a large theatre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bghomes.info
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Looking at both these pictures I'm not sure that I like the newer look but that maybe my age A look back to the past - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

krypton wrote:
Looking at both these pictures I'm not sure that I like the newer look but that maybe my age A look back to the past - Page 2 927475117

I think you have a good point there krypton I'm also of the old school and yes the old picture is better but don't you think this can be said for most things? I know there is the saying if its not broke don't fix it but what's better about this :shocked1:give me the older view anytime sorry to the younger ones on here but sometimes newer isn't always better g
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

These pictures really are fantastic and in some cases its a shame the the places have changed so much looking at the past can sometimes be a very bad thing but it can also give you an insight into what the future holds T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A look back to the past   A look back to the past - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A look back to the past

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2