altText

Bringing the dog through Serbia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vic S
Junior user
Junior user

Bringing the dog through Serbia Empty
PostSubject: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 pm

We are bringing our dog with us when we move to Bulgaria hopefully at the beginning of April 2010. We have been told that the route through Serbia is the shortest but as they are not in the EU I have concerns that they may no allow us through with our canine companion, has anyone had any problem bringing pets this way. We will have all his documentation in place (pet passport) etc, any advice would be appreciated.

Vic S
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:12 am

Hi Vic

We spoke to our Vet a few months ago on that very subject ... he told us to avoid Serbia at all costs with the dog unless we were prepared to bribe our way through.

No problems if you take either of the following:

France - Italy - Greece (overnight ferry with dog-friendly cabins from Italy to Greece), then up to Bulgaria

France - Belgium - Germany - Austria - Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria

Plus, much easier to find a pet-friendly hotel in the EU countries if you need to do an overnight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:38 am

Hi Vic,

Did not realise that you were brining the pets by road. I agree with Chris avoid Serbia go the pretty way Bringing the dog through Serbia 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Vic S
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Chris and Tony,

Nice to hear from from you both (just like the old days) :Great:I had heard rumours that the boarder Police were partial to the old bung or two to make them happy :Dance:

I will check out the ferries from Italy to Greece, Fliss always fancied that route, I'm just a tight old git (typical Yorkshire man) Bringing the dog through Serbia 2381841692

Tony,

Great chatting to you the other night, thanks for the advice very useful. We are back in Bg 28 August for two weeks to re-register the company and see how the repairs to the barn are progressing. T

Vic S
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 am

It was great to speak to you as well old buddy Bringing the dog through Serbia 1536469901

I'm sure you will find ferries to suit and hope that you will have a good trip. Fliss and yourself will enjoy BG as much as we do. It can be the most frustrating place in the world but it can be the most peaceful and pleasurable at the same time. You have my skype so if you need me just call.

Tony
Back to top Go down
woodsman7
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 am

HI also if you come through serbia we were told this makes your pet pastport invalid and will have to get a new 1 as the animal is out of eu, better romaina, take a look at our route on here, most eu hotels take animals, and norfolk line dover to dunkirk only charge for taking the animal back not bring it out so its free your way as well,

hope this helps,
If you want to speek happy to help an were on sykpe
regards W
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Bringing the dog through Serbia 1763269238

Hiya Vic S

From the stories that has been fed back to me I would say 'stay clear of Serbia' too Bringing the dog through Serbia 2345823347 Appears to be a total nightmare Bringing the dog through Serbia 794030042

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing the dog through Serbia   Bringing the dog through Serbia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing the dog through Serbia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1