Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Empty
PostSubject: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am

In March I started renovating our property, with a budget set of £7,000 I was told we'd never come in on target, but more likely find it being around the £20,000 mark Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3135333095

Anyway with the help of my brother in law, a brickie, we both set too and the first job was getting a bathroom built, at my age and with my arthritic joints, squatting over a triangular hole was not something I could handle for long Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 927475117

We paid a local to dig out the cesspit, at one point I was convinced he was going to end up in Australia as he went that deep, I suppose thats the advantage of living on a hill Lol but when it came to laying the pipes we hit a snag, no straight connectors for the 4 inch pipes ? I eventually sussed out that with the use of a gas blow torch you simply heat the end of the pipe evenly and you can insert the next pipe into it to make a nice tight joint g

After 2 weeks the pipes were laid, the walls were built and the roof in place, next job was the plumbing, unfortunately it was more plastic pipes so we needed to employ a plumber with the proper equipment to plumb in the bathroom and kitchen sink etc, next was the electrics, we'd decided that even though I was capable of re-wiring the house, it would be best left to a bulgarian electrician thereby ensuring the insurance company couldn't wangle out of paying up in the event something happened due to an electrical fault.

Next was joining both properties together, there was a 4 foot gap between them and after demolishing the living room gable end made of mud bricks, we had increased the living room by 5ft, it doesn't sound much but it makes a big difference g The downside was that we had to alter the roof from a 45 degree angle to a straight overlapping roof where the 2 buildings were joined, new joists and supports were installed and everything was in order.

The ceilings were a mess, made of any old hardboard and chipboard they had been able to lay their hands on, I decided on plasterboard from the local builders yard in Svishtov, and Satengips as the finishing plaster.

Never having plastered a wall in my life I decided the only way to learn was hands on experience, and 21 walls and 8 ceilings later the job was done, not expertly but good enough to be proud of Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290

Concrete floors replaced the Mud floors (Which were left in place for insulation) and underfloor heating was laid before being covered with ceramic floor tiles, the kitchen was fitted, and despite being brought from the UK it was undamaged in transit Lol

The total renovation period took from 20th March until 4th June and came in just over budget at £7,600 but that was blamed on the woodburning oven and the higher quality tiles used on the living room floor, the remainder being Praktica specials Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2581928987

I took loads of photo's during the restoration, I'll dig out one of my server accounts and upload them onto the server with a link from this posting when I have a couple of hours to kill
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3356871870

Great story Timerman!

Looking forward to seeing the photos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 pm

What a lovely story, a breath of fresh air WELL DONE Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290 :Congtrats:and this is :Ch:for when you have your house-warming party
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Well done. Looks like you have made a great job. Look 4ward to the photos.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Looking forward to the picture and perhaps more info about you project :Drink:love what I've just read g Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 1763269238

Fab!! g You never know what you are capable of until you try :Clap:Well done on your achievement you did fantastic!!! Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 570106603 Looking forward to the pictures g

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Part 1   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Well as promised I've uploaded the photos to one of my server accounts and it will take a while to put all the links in place so please bear with me Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3367882216

The Text Commentary relates to the Photo Below the Text

We started with the Bathroom, here you can see the 2 walls being built using bricks we had salvaged from an old chicken house

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Danny my Brother in Law doing his stuff, the wall is an "
L"
shape as it is using the gable end of the old kitchen and the wall of the summer kitchen to give it it's square shape if you know what I mean.

This is the passage through the door under the porch, the ceiling was made of hardboard and was warped and twisted so we pulled it down to replace with plasterboard.

What use to be the kitchen also had a hardboard ceiling, this too was pulled down to replace with plasterboard.

The door in the picture is what would lead into the Bathroom we were building

The Window in Place, bought from Praktika for around £35 double glazed

The Drains going in, we opted for toilet top left Sink top Centre and Bath top Right, we also added a floor drain in the centre to simplify cleaning bathroom floor, the shower will be bottom left of the photo.

Unfortunately I took this photo after the wall to the left was demolished, the door straight ahead was the shower room, with a sink to the left just before the door, we were unsure if the wall directly ahead was a supporting wall for the beams so we left it in place until we checked out the attic, it turned out it wasn't so down it came.

The Concrete floor was laid in the Bathroom so we could arrange to get a civilised Loo installed Lol

We used a Thick Plastic sheeting for damp course membrane

This is the gap we were eventually going to use to extend the Living Room, the wall on the right in between the buildings was to be demolished

The old shower room wall demolished completely giving a nice big kitchen area off hand I believe its about 4 metres x 3.5 metres

The Floor in the Kitchen had been wood, but we ripped it up to lay concrete, luckily there was a lot of hardcore below the wooden floor which saved us having to buy agregate

We had to raise the roof on the Kitchen to allow us to incorporate the roof on the Bathroom

We decided to remove the tiles completely and install a plastic sheeting under the tiles for added protection from the snow that would lay on the roof during the winter months.

This is a cat we took in back in March, she was scruffy, thin and in a sorry state, she was also pregnant, being a cat lover I couldn't see her suffering so our food bill increased by £9 pw on cat food Lol

Within a couple of weeks she was the best fed cat in Oresh, lovely silky fur and waited at the door for us getting back in from renovating at 7pm every night Lol

The View of the front of the summer kitchen once all the tiles had been removed

The Soil removed from the Cesspit being dug on the lower plot of the garden

As you can see there was quite a lot of it.

The rubble is what was left from the wall that we removed in the summer kitchen after we had reclaimed the good bricks

New Timbers being put in place for the new roof

The view of the main house

New Timbers in place viewed from bathroom, you can see how far we raised the roof by the gap in the gable end

The Plastic sheet and the Latts in place ready for re-tiling using the original tiles

The view of the rear of the roof over the kitchen before being retiled

The view of the rear of the main house, the roof had corrugated asbestos which we removed, we used tiles off the old chicken house and barn to retile the rear

The 2 Bulgarian Labourers we had Rumen &
Peter

Danny Rolling his Ciggie

Anna, a neighbour, also known as clerk of the works, she always wanted to know the inside and out of a fart !!!!

The inside wall of the bathroom finally finished

Another view of the inside of the bathroom

This will be the doorway into the living room once the gable end is removed (You can just see the gable end through the doorway.

Kitchen units put in to roughly see whats what

The tiling almost completed on the kitchen

The connecting wall and the front roof on the kitchen completed

Old wiring was ripped out to be replaced with new

Suppports and beams in place ready for gable end to be demolished

Gable end coming down to extend living room

View from Kitchen

View from Living Room

Kitchen units starting to go in

This is the view of the other house we have in oresh, we were living there whilst renovating my home, photo taken from neighbours garden

Bathroom door and frame purchased from Praktika

This steel door was purchased from Svishtov, 300 Lev including the locks and frame etc, and includes a button in the handle which when pressed lights up the key hole

The roof on the main house needs to be modified to make it overlap where we have joined the buildings together

Bathroom door &
frame in place

The tiles on the main roof now removed

Asbestos sheets being removed

New door for main house again it was only 300 Lev same as kitchen door

Starting to alter roof of main house

Replacing timbers where necessary

Plastic sheeting under all the tiles for added protection

Tiles back on the roof

Bathroom tiles starting to go on, I lost the will to live before I finished it Lol

Where the shower will be

The bath will be here

The tiles almost completed on the rear of the house

You can see where we modified the roof

The shower now installed and ready to use 3 1\2 weeks after we started

Toilet now installed Yeaahhhhh no more squatting over a hole Lol

The steps going into the living room from the kitchen

The rear of the roof now finished

A Temporary board over he entrance into the attic to reach the boiler, we plan to raise the stonework of the old barn a couple of feet and put a flat roof on it, and make a patio above ground and a laundry room downstairs.

The outside starting to take shape

View from the road

Bathroom wall tiled

Kitchen view of living room and bathroom entrances

This used to be the kitchen in the main house, we decided to erect a stud wall and make it into a bedroom giving 3 bedrooms in total

Danny getting his walls straight ready for plasterboard to go on living room walls

There are still a lot more pictures to add so I'll add them over the next couple of days and also add some commentary Lol I do have 4 videos on facebook of the property before we started any work, but I dont know how to retrieve them at the minute and cant locate them on my PC's hard drive although I know they are there somewhere.

Davey

Last edited by 705 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:31 am

Well done you Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290 Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290 Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290 Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 2706089290

I lot of hard work but by the looks of it well worth doing, and a job well done g
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:37 am

Fantastic !!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more this is as good as it gets, please I want to see more of your work , well done I love it Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:50 am

I have made a "
Part 2"
post with more pictures to stop the thread getting too Long Please see Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Part 2

Thank You
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:35 am

Brilliant I love this kind of thing where you can follow the renovation from start to finish Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3356871870 g s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm

How wonderful to see something like this unfold, please keep us updated T
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 am

This topic is marvelous and I should think very unique to any forum this is exactly whats needed for people who are considering buying a house that really needs gutting and renovating perhaps you could also tell us how you managed to find all the materials you needed and the difficulties you encountered T
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 am

I came from the UK in March half expecting having great difficulty finding materials BGTraveller, however, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was, I had visions of having to drive to Plevin some 50 km away to our nearest Praktika.

Our neighbour told me about 4 or 5 builders merchants in Svishtov, although I tried all of them (Apart from 1 that was closed for renovation) I settled for the one more or less opposite the railway station in Svishtov, they also have a shop up the top of svishtov so there was always plenty in stock.

The Main items like Floor &
Wall tiles, bathroom suite and the likes were bought from Praktika, making sure I'd applied in store for the loyalty card first Lol as Tesco's say in the UK, every little helps g

Sand purchase was not that difficult once I'd been told by the building merchant to wait on the bench under the tree for the sand man to arrive in his truck :Very funny 2:After 30 mins of waiting he finally turned up and thats turned out to be where he stopped all day waiting for work, after the initial deposit of 100 lev to cover the sand and delivery I never had any more problems, If I need more sand I simply stopped and asked him to deliver the required cubic metre and pay him on delivery.

Cement was easily obtained although I was advised never to touch Titan Cement as it was rubbish and dearer than the Holcim

Plaster I found best was the Saten Gips, using the drill and whisk attachment it never came out lumpy and had about 25 minutes working time for each bucket I mixed, which was long enough to get a decent smooth finish, bearing in mind I had never plastered before in my life.

Electric cable and fittings were brought from the UK although I did have some bulgarian sockets fitted alongside the UK ones, these were easily found in the builders merchants
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:06 pm

I Have finally found the video's from the house before any work had been started, these were the videos that the seller sent to us so in effect were our first look at the property, you can see the original layout in the summer kitchen and comparing it now with the finished results you can see the true transformation.

Enjoy Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage 3367882216

[url:11frq2cr]http:
//www.
techno-solutions.
co.
uk/daz/mainhouse.
mp4[/url:11frq2cr]

[url:11frq2cr]http:
//www.
techno-solutions.
co.
uk/daz/summerkitchen.
mp4[/url:11frq2cr]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage   Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic Drain Pipes for Sewerage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next