cowboy builders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

cowboy builders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

ok, we have all heard of awful bulgarian builders who have ripped people off or done shoddy work, but i watch cowboy builders every week on uk tv. I am amazed that a builder can leave a property in a lethal condition and take the money and run. some builders have had numerous companies who go bankrupt as its easy and restart another company. there does not seem to be any justice for the customer at all, even building inspectors know who they are but just condemn the work done and the owner has to pay for repairs, in a country that is supposed to be modern, the ordinary people are let down big style as this is not seen as criminal, yet it is, no doubt about it. the builder should go prison for ripping people off and not doing the job they were paid for. i do have some concerns for people paying the full amount in advance, but they do not always know the work is left unsafe. it should be criminal and dealt with properly. if you dont pay your taxes they will have you in no time. so wrong. dont call bulgaria yet they learnt it from the uk.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Recommendation is the only way in Bulgaria and the UK. Check quotations as well, 2 or 3 is best, I have always done this in the UK and Turkey where we are at the moment. Good news, we think we have sold our property here, so fingers crossed for the next few days.

s s s

Totally agree, always go with recommended builders cowboy builders - Page 2 3998065313

Fantastic news Itchy, fingers and toes all crossed Angel

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm

The other thing about this is , if you dont know how to do the job how do you know you have a good job ? . The answer is you are pleased with what you have .
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Your right John, but lets be honest what one person will be happy with another may not so always go by recommendation but also go and look at the tradesman's work and see for yourself, at the end of the day its all down to the individual and no matter how much advice is on forum or even from friends you will always make up your own mind and if it goes wrong you can only blame yourself and not anyone else this is how it is and always will be, I can't stress enough that recommendation is the key but better still look at the tradesman's work he has done for others cowboy builders - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm

You are right Johnbaz I know nothing agout building work but I do know what I am happy with. I have been ripped off by more Brits then Bulgarians. Maybe because I was a soft touch and believed all their sob stories and wanted to help out, but with the Bulgarians it is purely business
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:54 pm

posabinapete wrote:
You are right Johnbaz I know nothing agout building work but I do know what I am happy with. I have been ripped off by more Brits then Bulgarians. Maybe because I was a soft touch and believed all their sob stories and wanted to help out, but with the Bulgarians it is purely business

Your right all of you to a degree but I don't think we can put an umbrella over everyone and say that all Bulgarian tradesmen are good and all brits are bad, I have had experiences with both and both fell short and I learned the hard way so its not that easy to get it right no matter what nationality the tradesmen are, even recommendation can go wrong so NO guarantee whatever you do ? its a case of suck it and see I'm afraid and that applies to all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Yes i agree with that i have stopped doing work for expats at the moment it is just not worth the aggro .
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm

johnbaz wrote:
I dont think you will find they have . At least not for the better . Houses with NHBC where a regular spot on the cowboy builders show on the TV when i was in the UK , and i have only been over here 3 years .
I am sorry but i have to disagree with what s being said about NHBC ,as to the programme these were not in any way to do with new builds all these tv showings where about small works and hidden cameras, NHBC only deal in new build, they were DIY builders practicing there trades that to say trade is embarrassing.As to the remark about a certain piers that had a certain weight i think your find that is to do with structural engineers it is nothing to do with the building of the property as a builder you are given a set of working drawings which you follow its not in the interest to question a calc if any one knows how the NHBC form of works work then make a comment, all tradesmen if they are all follow drawings which are given by the professional hired to carry out the works,I have also said time and time again there are ways to get all works done the right way and that is not for diy builder to have a licence to say there a builder.I think some of the comments on here are true and accurate they give good advice but some i think just look for a chance to be negative with out grounds or knoledge of said subjet and can mislead people looking for the right people.You cant please all of the people in the building industry but you can carry out the works as if it was your own property to the standerd others would appriciate.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

This was a new build , and i did get a structural engineer to check the calculations . The firm in question was a very large building firm and they had there own engineers . We had to take them to the High court , so i do know what i am talking about . Watch dog has had a few run programs about NHBC , and if you care to Google them you will find what i am talking about . I remember watching one about Barratts , and as far as i know they are not a small firm . The other thing i find interesting is if you are involved with One Million pound builds in the UK do you have a web site that we can all look at ? , i would be interested to have a look .
Back to top Go down
bapps
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Thank you for the interest yes you can see my work go to DPS property,go to St James Height and St James Villas these are my works complete renovation Design of internal works IE Bathrooms and Kitchens ,also design for complete landscape, All TV entry phones to Came operated Gates again Designed by myself All flats finished to to my specification .Three house to left hand side new build again all my finishes this development on time on budget.As to web sights no have not got one don't need one i bye my own land and develop hope this answers your question and before you say i can pull any web sight the number is there,
please no more you are now boring me.i don't think people are really interested in these kind of threads but i would say entertaining for others what do you think, cant be bothered to go to the other thread so 1 no 2 don't mix 3 get SAP calcs for U value that's all folks. T
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

I've been watching this topic with interest but it seems to have gone astray????? I don't know what your getting at johnbaz but can you enlighten us all and put us out of our missery as to what you 2 are going on about cowboy builders - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 pm

cowboy builders - Page 2 3135333095 cowboy builders - Page 2 3135333095

Ok enough cowboy builders - Page 2 3998065313 - now please can I ask both johnbaz and bapps to either conduct your conversation in the correct manor or take this to pm's. We have many members on here who wish to read interesting topics not watch adults sniping at each other, so for the last time, please be civil and think of others. Thanks for your co-operations

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cowboy builders   cowboy builders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cowboy builders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2