Next question...builders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Next question...builders Empty
PostSubject: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 am

We are now looking for recommendations or otherwise, for builders who are well experienced with the quirkiness of Bulgarian houses. I know a lot of you have had work done, and not everyone has been happy for one reason or another, others are thrilled. Please share your knowledge as those good builders deserve recommendations, and poor ones should be avoided by your forum friends.

But please. no being negative on the forum, pm with ones to avoid. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 am

It might help to let us all know where you are so any recommendations can be relevant to your region.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am

Quote :
But please. no being negative on the forum, pm with ones to avoid. Thank you in advance

I like your style Equinus.

There is one company that I have only read good reviews about (who use this forum I think). DJE who you should be able to find if you Google them. I would stress that I have not used them myself and cannot therefore personally give you a recommendation. However I have only read good reviews about them so could worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Brian1 wrote:
It might help to let us all know where you are so any recommendations can be relevant to your region.

Ooops, how silly. ((blush)) VT area we are.

Thanks for that Rakiaplease, I have already got them bookmarked having read some good reports somewhere in computerland. I know they are not based near us, but they are happy to travel, according to their website. T
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Have a look here for DJE her name is Esta she is a member on the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Next question...builders 739492727
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Have a look here for DJE her name is Esta she is a member on the forum

Esta doesn't appear to have posted on this forum for over three months ... hope you're both OK Esta?

Are you limiting yourself to English builders? We just asked around the town (helps if you speak Bulgarian of course!) and found a really great team of Bulgarian builders that did exactly what we wanted at a very good price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I agree with Chris..the few times when I've needed something special doing, I've found some incredible craftsmen locally, particularly amongst the 'older' generation.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Chris wrote:

Are you limiting yourself to English builders? We just asked around the town (helps if you speak Bulgarian of course!) and found a really great team of Bulgarian builders that did exactly what we wanted at a very good price.

Not at all.....always presuming we can be understood! If limitations are put on, it is because of a) quality of workmanship and b)doing what we agree to and not what they think is best whether we want it or not and c) reliability. There is no way of knowing any of these things if there is a language barrier, or if no-one has used them.

To be honest, I would rather use local tradesmen, (it is their country after all) and hopefully we have time to ask around when we get to know the residents of our new village. And we know of at least one carpenter in Pavlikeni who comes recommended.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Equinus wrote:
Not at all.....always presuming we can be understood!

A big dictionary, pieces of scrap paper and a lot of hand gestures will sort out most things! Good luck and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:50 am

If you go to Valiko Tarnovo camp site you will find lots of english and Bulgarians and you could ask there They food fares and boot sale days so lots of people come together that you ask
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next question...builders   Next question...builders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next question...builders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1