View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Another question I would like to ask the members on this forum I have noticed that 1 or 2 members on here never really welcome any new members but they are very quick on another site to give the newbs a warm welcome, and it got me to wondering why? I do know that some of the members that advertise on here do post sometimes but they don't seem to say hello to newbs but are more than willing to do so on another fairly new site which I won't mention so over to you
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Nope your are not missing anything, I just think maybe those members use one of the other forums as their main posting ground hence they don't say hello to newbies. I am a member of other forums and admit I rarely say hello. To be honest I don't see what purpose it solves. It's welcoming but realistically you still haven't got a clue who you are saying hello to.

That's just my take on it though.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Ok just to clarify again what I'm saying is that these members always use to say hello to new members but now they don't but as said earlier are more than happy to post something that will add to their business
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Only just really caught up with this Gimp I fully understand what it is your saying and I to don't know why this is? I am aware of certain members on here who have generally always welcomed new members but now they don't and I do think this is very unsociable of people it doesn't matter that you don't know them a few kind words of welcome means a lot to some people, but I know that if it was someone they could maybe make a few bucks from them they would be all over them like a rash!! just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Forgot to say I'm a member on another forum which I know a few from here are to but use different names but what I will say is they do say hello on that forum so why not here? as said what are they maybe hiding? or is it a case on not wanting certain people to know that they post on this forum to ?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Good point davshaz. Maybe a little bit of secret squirrel
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm

davshaz wrote:
Forgot to say I'm a member on another forum which I know a few from here are to but use different names but what I will say is they do say hello on that forum so why not here? as said what are they maybe hiding? or is it a case on not wanting certain people to know that they post on this forum to ?

There are a couple of points here to consider (1) The posters who hide behind about a dozen alias's or more and (2) the one's who have been banned on different forums for various reasons. I personally post on this and one other forum and I only contribute if I think I have anything to offer or can learn from other posters experiences. As for not saying welcome or hello to anybody new, my sincere apoligies, it's nothing personal
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Gimp wrote:
Another question I would like to ask the members on this forum I have noticed that 1 or 2 members on here never really welcome any new members but they are very quick on another site to give the newbs a warm welcome, and it got me to wondering why? I do know that some of the members that advertise on here do post sometimes but they don't seem to say hello to newbs but are more than willing to do so on another fairly new site which I won't mention so over to you
You start this thread on people who don,t say hello to newbs,and say they do on other forums,why don,t you put there names on here,perhaps they would like to tell you themselves,they might not even be on this site but have,nt bothered logging out, as i do most of the time, at the end of the day who really gives a s**t
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

There are a couple of points here to consider (1) The posters who hide behind about a dozen alias's or more and (2) the one's who have been banned on different forums for various reasons. I personally post on this and one other forum and I only contribute if I think I have anything to offer or can learn from other posters experiences. As for not saying welcome or hello to anybody new, my sincere apoligies, it's nothing personal [/quote]

Now that does hit the nail on the head. Well said that man!!
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't think the OP is talking about aliases and he's pointed out the the question he/she is asking is about welcoming new members, so weather they have a dozen or a 100 aliases I don't think it matters? to this question I also understand that maybe for some of you there is a good reason why you don't say hello? but again the OP is wondering why those that did don't now even though they still post here
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Not again!

Is it a crime not to welcome every new person to the forum? I know it's nice and I appreciated it when I was welcomed, but surely it's a personal choice and nothing more should be read in to it.

I'll say it AGAIN!!! Please stop cross referencing everybody and everything to other forums!!

We're all adults on here. If a person is recognised as being persona non grata on another forum isn't it best just to ignore them?!

Who cares anyway? I would enjoy meeting any of the people who post on this forum, but it doesn't mean I'm going to invest all my money with them, take them to my bosum as best buddies either. That's a judgement I would make after some time of personally knowing them.

After all, I could be an ex convict guilty of murder, extortion, armed bank robbery or anything else but until you met me how could you judge me?

There I go again jumping up and down on my soap box. I'll go and take a couple of pills and lie down!! (Only joking, I'm not a drug addict too!)
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Judy I think a lot of what you have said is right but it seems although I have asked a perfectly simple question it seems to have got out of hand a little, looking at the replies it also seems that some of the members who have replied have some sort of hidden agenda, I didn't want this topic to turn into what its become so because it has I am asking the mods to please lock it before it really does go over the top, its a shame because it does have the makings of a good discussion

As requested by Gimp I have locked this topic for now

Ashley (Admin)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why dont you say hello ???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2