View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Why dont you say hello ??????? Empty
PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm

Another question I would like to ask the members on this forum I have noticed that 1 or 2 members on here never really welcome any new members but they are very quick on another site to give the newbs a warm welcome, and it got me to wondering why? I do know that some of the members that advertise on here do post sometimes but they don't seem to say hello to newbs but are more than willing to do so on another fairly new site which I won't mention so over to you
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Cant really comment on this Gimp. As loyalty is to this site and no others.

I am sometimes wary of some people that advertise first, then they say hello.

I also feel that the for sale part of the forum is for personal sales and not for business types although I do appreciate that people have to earn a living but question whether a site like this or others is the best place to advertise.

I would also like to see a real picture on the avatars rather than a picture or nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:17 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Cant really comment on this Gimp. As loyalty is to this site and no others.

I am sometimes wary of some people that advertise first, then they say hello.

I also feel that the for sale part of the forum is for personal sales and not for business types although I do appreciate that people have to earn a living but question whether a site like this or others is the best place to advertise.

I would also like to see a real picture on the avatars rather than a picture or nothing at all.

I do see what you say but I can't help feeling that some don't say hello for other reasons? no names mentioned buy why would you say hello on one forum to a complete stranger and not do the same on this one ?
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm

could be many reasons, maybe they are long established and confident on the other side, and not confident here yet.

there will be no photo of me on here either, i could never be so cruel to others.

and maybe...............they are spies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:48 pm

You could be right there starlite but I'm talking about members that use to say hello but now they don't although they still use this forum to advertise their services and eagerly will offer to help others with buying etc
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:55 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm see where your coming from.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Come on Starlite. I am not changing my Glasses until later in the year so a piccie would be nice. At least when people see mine they know what I look like and can therefore avoid me in the Street
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm

i couldnt just couldnt.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Gimp wrote:
You could be right there starlite but I'm talking about members that use to say hello but now they don't although they still use this forum to advertise their services and eagerly will offer to help others with buying etc

Have you thought, perhaps of security reasons
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Perhaps this isn't the main forum that those people use, I don't know but it really doesn't matter.

I certainly would never recommend using your own picture as an avatar, you never know who lurks about on a forum, let's be honest we really don't know each other that well. Cyberspace can be a very dangerous place.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

I think we seem to be getting away from the question I asked, its got nothings to do with avatars? as I said I do know that some of the members on here were saying hello and now they don't although they seem happy to advertise etc, and I don't see that security come into it just saying hello isn't a security risk to anyone ?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Although I tend to agree that cyberspace can be a very dangerous place to be. A site like this is only as good as the people that oversee it. I can assure you that this one has the best moderators and admin, hence I have no fears what's so ever. This is a forum about people in or people that have associations with Bulgaria. Hence not a place where you are likely to find the oddball

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No pun intended Bernie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But I still agree with Gimp why do some people say hello on other sites and not on this one, do they have something to hide.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:25 pm

tonyb60 wrote:

But I still agree with Gimp why do some people say hello on other sites and not on this one, do they have something to hide.
Back to top Go down
Khan1 AKA julieandjames
BANNED

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm

I don't think security is an issue at all, that certainly wouldn't stop anyone from saying hello, but as I said perhaps this is not the main forum they use, perhaps they are members of many forums and use one mainly for conversation and chit chat and plug their businesses on the others.

Further to Tonyb60's comment, whilst this is a forum about Bulgaria, many dubious Brits are living here that have unpleasant histories and belong to this and other forums. I am sure the team do a good job keeping those they know about out of this site, but there will always be some that slip the net. A quick read of any forum Bulgaria related will give you many tales of nasty people here, many actively in business.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Yes you have raised a few good points here khan1 but I still don't think this is the answer to the question ? yes there are some dodgy people in Bulgaria but that would answer why members stop saying hello for no reason or am I missing something here ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why dont you say hello ???????   Why dont you say hello ??????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why dont you say hello ???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next