altText

Bulgaria is for me !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 am

First topic message reminder :

While I appreciate some of the comments on this forum which I have to say are mostly negative and having lived in Bulgaria I do understand most of what's being said here, but I know from personal experience that its not all doom and gloom, Bulgaria has a lot more to offer those who are considering the move yes I know there are so many problems that will need to be dealt with but this will happen in time, it hasn't always been civilised for the want of a better word in the uk and I believe that Bulgaria will one day be a great destination for all of those who are seeking a better life, for me I loved the Bulgarians maybe I was luck and lived in a village where they were all so kind and generous sand helpful and to be honest would never take anything from me even if I offered it? They would always be happy to give but very slow to receive, before I left the uk I was a member of another well known forum where I looked for advice and one of the things I was told was to alarm my car to the eyeball? Which I did at a cost of £400 well what a waste of money that turned out to be yes I had people look at it but never once did anyone over there try to steal it, then I was told to get a good alarm system on my house by the REA who sold it to me again a total waste of money but for the REA there would have been some commission? I found that my best alarm system was the people who lived around me who were more than happy to keep an eye on my house while I was away, I even left them with the keys and told them they can come and go as they please, I also made the mistake of leaving my keys with some English before this and I later found out that they were letting my house and making money from it this was people I thought I could trust? English? So that's it for me I have no problems in trusting Bulgarians I'm not saying that there aren't a few vagabonds as there is everywhere but on the whole I would rather trust a Bulgarian sorry if any English find this offensive but that's how I see it from my own experience which as far as Bulgaria is concerned is positive. Viva Bulgaria!! :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Wav: :Thumb: :Thumb:
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 am

I have the time nowadays to think a lot about my life in Bulgaria and often wonder how other Brits fare out here. I truly believe that if you don't embrace the way the Bulgarian villagers live or try to understand some language and culture it would be impossible to really feel settled. Perhaps many do not think they will live here longterm and will one day sell up, make a profit and return to Britain. At the moment this is probably not possible for many due to the recession but it is also a false way to view a life here. Apart from the obvious lower cost of living with few ways of earning money by work or interest, little effort probably needs to be made to make a whole life always thinking of going back. This also means that it will not be possible to get the best out of Bulgaria. Just travelling around seeing some sights and then sitting in a few bars 'soaking up the atmosphere' along with copious amounts of alcohol is nowhere near what true living here is all about. I am aware that I should learn more language but I am able to communicate and have loved the pleasure it gave the locals when we gave a village party and jazz evening. I would urge anyone coming to live here to really get to know their village and not just rely on the British folk who might live there. It will be much appreciated by the locals.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am

oldun wrote:
I would urge anyone coming to live here to really get to know their village and not just rely on the British folk who might live there.

We didn't have much choice oldun ... we're the only Brits in a town of 3,000!

Fortunately, we feel very welcome here, which may be due in part to our willingness to speak the language and make friends!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Same for me Chris although I struggled with the language I have to say that I was made to feel very welcome from day 1 I can still remember the day I first drove into the village and along the dirt track to the house months after I had bought it, I remember this little old lady sitting in the sun who flagged me down and was going on and on and on all the time with big smiles on here face, I didn't have a clue what she was saying but later it turned out that she was welcoming me to the village and telling me that if I need anything I only had to ask, and that's how it was on day 1 and it continued, a few days later I was greeted at the gate by a policeman and a lady who turned out to be the Mayor, oh my god!! I thought ? what have I done wrong it turns out that she came just to welcome me into the village and so did the local bobby, and that's how it continued for days a stream of never ending people wishing me well
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Sounds like a really nice village, where is it ?
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Cumbrian yes it is a very nice village and I can't say enough about the people of the village, I could go on all day about how well I was received and treated I am at some point going to write my events as I remember them from the day I returned to my house after the purchase I am just sorting out some pics to go with it and then I will start [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it won't be pages so don't worry I ain't that good anyway here is a map of the location of My village [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

Look forward to reading this when you start I might get some pointers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 pm

I will be watching this as well looks like it might be interesting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sarah
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks netsniper,

Yes and I'm looking forward to the stories and pics.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 pm

Am I in the wrong place? didn't netsniper start a blog s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Daisy wrote:
Am I in the wrong place? didn't netsniper start a blog s

You may be in the wrong place on this post Daisy - but I don't think you are in wrong country, it sounds good to me.

s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria is for me !!!!   Bulgaria is for me !!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria is for me !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2