View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Who will win the forthcoming Election. Will it be Labour, will it be Conservative, will it be Liberal or will it be a Hung Parliament
Between now and the Election, perhaps ADMIN could set up our own going to the polls where we can place a VOTE on this forum
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:39 am

It's a shame such a passionate politician such as Nicola Sturgeon doesn't aim higher to represent the whole of the U.K she is limiting herself only focusing on one area of the United Kingdom as this is General Election for the whole of the U.K, I think the whole U.K would benefit if she aimed to represent all of us. If her passion extends beyond the boundaries of Scotland she would make an excellent P.M but alas at the moment there are 55 million that are left out of her agenda. GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 739492727
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

I saw Clegg taking David Cameron apart. Cameron looked very uncomfortable at times shying away from points that the others had made. Looking down as though he didn't want to be there. Sturgeon did extremely well (I never have or never will vote SNP but can at least recognise individual performance) and the fact that about 20% of the viewers thought she came out top shows that she must have got at least twice as many votes from the English than the Scots even if every Scot had said she came out top! Farage was smug but got his point across, Clegg better than I thought and came over more honest, Cameron professional and Miliband also better than I thought but both probably liars!. Not sure why we had to listen to Nat, Leanne and Nicola asking for our votes when two of them can't have them anyway!
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:45 am

Good on her. She speaks and stands up for her people. This is a concept which is so totally alien to British prime minister and government.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:59 am

Now that I am a retiree and seen governments come and go since Winston Churchill was in power, I can honestly say that I couldn't wait for the last governments to finish and another to start. The same could be said for this time around as well, only trouble is the new governments were always never any better than the one's that had just finished. Good job I am not in the UK with a voting slip in my hand, wouldn't have a clue who to vote for!
Back to top Go down
bob
Junior user
Junior user
bob

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 am

According to Labor suddenly they can provide an increased minimum wage, reduction in taxes, huge amounts of cash for the NHS,Thousands of doctors and nurses better pensions, huge expenditure on schools and last of all the prompt reduction of the deficit.....We should have an election every year? " Labr as the party of fiscal responsibility publishing an audit of spending and tax " this will be written by Hans Christian Andersen the well known fantasy & fairy tale writer. People are so unfair on the Labor Party...................... They have so many good ideas, dreams and policies to bring a brighter future to Britain yet voters seem determined to judge them on their last 13 years of government...............Ever Wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:24 pm

I was taught to vote by my father and I feel it would be disrespectful to him if I missed my chance to vote. the three big parties have caused a lot of apathy with politics so use your vote to tell them that GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Well today is the day which will make a hell of a difference whichever way you vote.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Suzee wrote:
Well today is the day which will make a hell of a difference whichever way you vote.

So now we know. Has anybody got any thoughts or views on the result GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 1675110159
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:18 pm

The rich are clearly voting for their fellow elite so that they become richer. What else is going on? Who created tax loop holes in the first place? Is it ordinary tax payers? I doubt that. This will end with another 5 years of misery. Those who are rejoicing are the ones who have everything handed down to them. Those who have not worked in their lives. Any leader who uses a dead child as a pretext to win election, is disgusting. The poor child did not pass this year. I do hope no one will complain tomorrow...well, ordinary hard working folks will. Sad indeed. GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:23 pm

After 5 years of seeing everything increase, the poor getting poorer, the middle class struggling, people on benefits relying on Food Banks, disabled people losing their carers due to cut backs, people on benefits and out of work due to no suitable work due to lack of education or not being qualified enough and being sanctioned left right and center and not paid resulting in losing their homes, hospital closures and many more planned, on the brink of losing NHS, the people of this country voted for the Conservatives again, I find it difficult to believe and convinced they cheated their way in just like Obama. You cannot have such a dramatic turnaround on the day of voting, something smells dodgy here. God helps every one because we are all going to feel and suffer financially due to the selfishness of those that voted for Conservative.
Back to top Go down
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:25 pm

We have already had five long years of ifs, buts and excuses over abolishing Inheritance Tax. The time for serious action on this vile system of state theft is long overdue. Cameron, Osborne and Conservatives, to restore the enthusiasm of your own long suffering supporters who elected you, DELIVER NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
stigofthedump

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 4:29 pm

I think I have seen more electoral malpractice in the last 48 hours than in the previous 50 years. It began when we discovered large numbers of UKIP supporters had been omitted from the electoral register. Then there were those on it, elderly and disabled, who did not receive their postal votes. Then there were the missing poll cards, with people who phoned up to make sure they could vote without a card being told they could not. The company that was supposed to be delivering UKIP leaflets was always 'just going to do it the next day' and still has not done so. While voters saw only those UKIP leaflets that enthusiastic members could deliver by hand, Labour and Tory leaflets bombarded every household, morning, evening and night for two months solid.
Then came polling day itself with Conservative and Lib Dem tellers sitting inside the polling stations with their legs across the doors and telling people how to vote. UKIP tellers standing and acting correctly outside the polling stations were accused of harassment by presiding officers and the police called if they refused to leave.

Doorstep canvassing suggested that UKIP should be neck in neck with the two main parties as for the Euros, each on one third of the vote. When ballot boxes were emptied this had dropped to around 25%, equal to the Tories but way behind Labour who had magically acquired 40% despite a deeply unpopular candidate and local council and being totally invisible on polling day. The final insult came when the UKIP share of the vote mysteriously dropped to 10% by the end of the count, on a par with the Greens and Lib Dems, the Greens having acquired 5,000 votes out of thin air.
No one believes the results of this election except the EU Commission, who clearly decided the result before it took place. The combination of an SNP victory in Scotland and Tory victory in England is of course exactly what they wanted. Roll on the referendum not for leaving the EU but the break up of the UK, as planned.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Well put Stig GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 1536469901 This is a disasterous result. Angry A poor majority Tory government is the worst of all options. This man is not us. He is not a leader. We will all suffer GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 3023850720
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:45 pm

In the end the result was complete chaos compared with what the so called pollsters predicted, weeks of political intrigue with all parties bashing each other with accusations and here we are with Cameron in charge for another five years.

The bankers and hedge fund managers must be clapping their hands with the prospect of receiving outrageous salaries and bonuses. with no opposition from the Government.

GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 927475117 GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 927475117 GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 927475117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GENERAL ELECTION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3