View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Who will win the forthcoming Election. Will it be Labour, will it be Conservative, will it be Liberal or will it be a Hung Parliament
Between now and the Election, perhaps ADMIN could set up our own going to the polls where we can place a VOTE on this forum
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm

This should be interesting? I think were are all in for a bumpy ride from here on
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:00 am

[size=85:3uypg2dw]BBC news 11 May 2010

David Cameron is UK's new prime minister

Conservative leader David Cameron is the new UK prime minister after the resignation of Gordon Brown.

Mr Cameron, 43, entered 10 Downing Street after travelling to Buckingham Palace to formally accept the Queen's request to form the next government.

He said he aimed to form a "
proper and full coalition"
with the Lib Dems to provide "
strong, stable government"

His party won the most seats in the UK general election last week, but not an overall majority.

In a speech outside his new Downing Street home, Mr Cameron said he and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg would "
put aside party differences and work hard for the common good and the national interest"

He paid tribute to outgoing PM Gordon Brown for his long years of public service and said he would tackle Britain's "
pressing problems"
- the deficit, social problems and to "
rebuild trust in our political system"

Mr Cameron stressed there would be "
difficult decisions"
but said he wanted to take people through them to reach "
better times ahead"

He said he aimed to "
help build a more responsible society here in Britain... Those who can should and those who can't, we will always help. I want to make sure that my government always looks after the elderly, the frail, the poorest in our country.

"
We must take everyone through with us on some of the difficult decisions we have ahead."

"
I came into politics because I love this country, I think it's best days still lie ahead and I believe deeply in public service.

"
I think the service our country needs right now is to face up to our big challenges, to confront our problems, take difficult decisions, lead people through those decisions, so that together we can reach better times ahead."

Lib Dem agreement

The Conservatives have been in days of negotiations with the Lib Dems - who were also negotiating with Labour - after the UK election resulted in a hung parliament.

Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg must get the support of a majority of his MPs and his party's ruling body, the federal executive, before he can enter into a coalition.

I came into politics because I love this country, I think it's best days still lie ahead David Cameron

Earlier the Lib Dems said talks with Labour failed because "
the Labour Party never took seriously the prospects of forming a progressive, reforming government"

A spokesman said key members of the Labour team "
gave every impression of wanting the process to fail"
and the party had made "
no attempt at all"
to agree a common approach on issues like schools funding and tax reform.

"
Certain key Labour cabinet ministers were determined to undermine any agreement by holding out on policy issues and suggesting that Labour would not deliver on proportional representation and might not marshal the votes to secure even the most modest form of electoral reform,"
he said.

However Labour's Lord Mandelson told the BBC they had been "
up for"
a deal with the Lib Dems, but they had "
created so many barriers and obstacles that perhaps they thought their interests lay on the Tory side, on the Conservative side, rather than the progressive side"

'My fault'

After it became clear the talks had failed, Mr Brown tendered his resignation and said he wished the next prime minister well.

In an emotional resignation statement outside Number Ten, Mr Brown thanked his staff, his wife Sarah and their children, who joined the couple as they left for Buckingham Palace.

Mr Brown said it had been "
a privilege to serve"
adding: "
I loved the job not for its prestige, its titles and its ceremony - which I do not love at all. No, I loved the job for its potential to make this country I love fairer, more tolerant, more green, more democratic, more prosperous and more just - truly a greater Britain."

He also paid tribute to the courage of the armed forces, adding: "
I will never forget all those who have died in honour and whose families today live in grief."

Later he thanked Labour activists and MPs for all their efforts and told them Labour's general election performance was "
my fault, and my fault alone"

The Lib Dem and Conservative teams met for hours of negotiations at the Cabinet Office on Tuesday - four days after the UK general election resulted in a hung parliament.

The talks resumed after Lib Dem negotiators met a Labour team, which followed Mr Brown's announcement on Monday that he would step down as Labour leader by September.

But there were signs throughout the afternoon that the two parties - who together would still not command an overall majority in the House of Commons - would not reach a deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Looks like we all in for a rough ride from here on whatever next ?
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:06 pm

I've been watching this and to be honest looking at the pair of them I don't think it will be long before they fall out it all seems a bit of a farce to me and maybe even a fix :Shocked:but being government they wouldn't do that would they GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:30 am

I see that Cameron has started to dish the S**t on Brown but I do believe this is because they can't keep the promises they made before they got in and now they are looking for a scapegoat

sarah
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:14 am

GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 1763269238

Oh shame I missed it all c I would have said conservative :Winky:

Oddy
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Let the fun begin GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
BigDave
Junior user
Junior user
BigDave

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:49 am

After watching last nights election debate out of all party leaders, I felt the one who came over best was Nicola Sturgeon and I'm a little surprised to be saying that. She made some excellent points and was middle of the road rather than the far left I had anticipated, and came across as fair-minded. You may or may not agree with the issue of Scottish Independence, but she is a powerful debater and has obvious leadership qualities She stood out from the rest. The others I found mostly disappointing. Nigel Farage was the best of the rest and I can see UKIP picking up a lot of votes.
Back to top Go down
bob
Junior user
Junior user
bob

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:39 pm

I thought Nigel Farage spoke a great deal of sense and told some truths that the others found unpalatable. Borrowing ten billion pounds that your children and grandchildren will have to repay, and giving it away as if it were your own money is a really good way of detoxifying the Conservative image, but it is not real compassion. Claiming that we must treat health tourists with HIV because they are human and then be moaning the fact that the NHS is not adequately treating the people who have paid for it, is just dishonest.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:49 pm

UKIP are meeting the demand to tear up the cartel politics of the mainstream political parties. The Pollsters and the Media just cannot accept the fact, the public are no longer buying in to the status quo any longer. The spin and smear is at full throttle and that can only mean UKIP are growing strong in support each day. There is still so many deluded voters, servants to there power mad elite rulers. Those voters cannot think outside there own little bubble. People lets hear you roar... GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 2581928987

Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:31 pm

After the first five minutes I was bored stiff GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 794030042 . Everyone blaming everyone else for the mess the UK is in. The only person who spoke the truth and wasn't afraid to do so was Nigel Farage. As for the SNP .........watch out England if they get into the position of doing a deal with either of the main parties........we'll be in for a rough ride.

Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Miliband's central position made him look like a mannequin stage prop, he sneered and was 'oh so sincere' talking to camera all the time as though he was ignoring the fact that he was in a debate with others, he was smug. Farage knew his stuff and had some good points, but at times a messy delivery. Cameron was more measured letting the others brawl it out, standing to the side of the squabbling did him a favour.
Back to top Go down
BGmoaner
Junior user
Junior user
BGmoaner

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:15 am

Sturgeon and her SNP are already showing their intent of making demands, she repeated talked about Westminster, and about independence, it'll be, give us what we want, or we will leave. Plaid Cymru, yes, I think Wales should be given a better deal and more funding, just as England should. Clegg attacked Cameron, Sturgeon attacked red Ed and Cameron, Natalie from the Greens wanted to give it all away in a humane way to the rest of the world. Nigel Farage is the ONLY one speaking for the UK.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:44 am

One thing that came across strongly was that the other six leaders think that Cameron has made ordinary people take the hit for the problems caused by the bankers. The message was that we won't get fairness while Cameron is in power. GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 1:46 pm

scott wrote:
One thing that came across strongly was that the other six leaders think that Cameron has made ordinary people take the hit for the problems caused by the bankers. The message was that we won't get fairness while Cameron is in power. GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 3023850720

You are right scott - it is the middle class and the working class that has paid for the "horlicks" that the so called banking sector have got the country into. Young couples bringing up their families are most hit whilst bankers still take their huge bonuses and corporations still not not paying very much in the way of corporation tax.

GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 794030042 GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 794030042 GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION   GENERAL ELECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GENERAL ELECTION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next