Neighbours!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 am

I know pages on various forums have been written about wonderful neighbours. I must just add my little story. This week I have not been at all well. I suddenly got the chills, a bad headache and joint pains after a lovely walk with my dog a week ago. It was a glorious day and I was so surprised to get so ill so quickly. It could have been flu or a chill in the kidneys but the Bulgarians seem to call everything 'grip'. We get on very well with all our locals and my partner is always doing little things for them which never go unrewarded. Well, they all sprang into life offering various lotions and potions when he told them I was in bed. We were given rakia for an alcohol rub all over, I had to soak my feet in hot salty water (for fluids??) drink herbal tea and the shop lady gave him packets of Fervex which she doesn't sell. She also gave him a jar of her rose-hip jelly for vitamin C. I am now on the mend though I have no idea which medication worked but I think the generosity and care from the neighbours boosted my morale. They are wonderful and when I am on my feet again I will be going around thanking them with some gift or other although I know they won't expect it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:16 am

Nice tale Oldun ... glad to hear you're gradually getting back on your feet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 am

Lovely story oldun and glad to hear more of the positives about the |Bulgarian I so often here so much negativity about them that it angers me sometimes but you story is so much the norm from my experience and you know what? it was probably the kindness that help get you on the mend
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:39 pm

What a good story this is and how nice to hear that this sort of thing still exists between neighbors if only this was the same all over the world what a nice planet we would have
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am feeling better but still confined indoors. I got told off the other day for getting out of bed too early! My partner gives the patient's progress report and its a real boost feeling that someone cares. Its at times like this that you can feel the lack of family and I would never bother them until I am better!! Neighbours are therefore doubly important. We get on so well with them now and can carry on little conversations but its actually not too difficult to communicate. We all live such a similar life. My partner clears snow for the neighbours, helps take the wood delivery into their property and is always willing to help with anything happening. We are lucky to have chosen a very nice friendly village although it took sometime to gain their trust. I feel very priviledged to have earned their friendship. When my partner was more ill than me for quite a while and needed a doctor, everyone was equally supportive and even visited him one day. I don't have any worries about health problems here even though things are so different from UK. Luckily I am normally very healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neighbours! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neighbours!   Neighbours! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neighbours!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1