View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:14 pm

I hope oldun doesn't mind me writing the following:-
I had a pm from her on News Years Day to say that she hopes we will have a better year than last year, then she went on to tell me about how fantastic her Neighbour's have been. Tom, her partner of many years was rushed into hospital two day's after Christmas,
this is what she wrote:-
Tom is now in hospital after suffering a horrendous bleed two days after Christmas. He's in hospital on drips and blood and thank God for our Bulgarian neighbours who helped us and my taxi driver who found blood donors.
She has just told me that three of her Neighbour's are meeting her tomorrow morning to give blood. I think that is fantastic and just goes to show that Annie and Tom are well respected as British Citizens living in a Bulgarian village. :Good Neighbours 1931734156:
Well done to them and a speedy recovery to Tom Good Neighbours 1536469901
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Only goes to prove what a fantastic place BG is to live. Once you are accepted then you are treated as one of their own. Get well soon Tom.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi,
Hope Tom has a speedy recovery. What great neighbours you have. The same is done here if anybody needs blood too. Lets hope this will be a better year for both of you. Lots of hugs and wishes coming your way. Good Neighbours 1763269238
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hope tom gets well soon. What a lovely story, its nice to know there are kind and helpful people in bulgaria. Good Neighbours 2706089290
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oldun
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you to Willowsend for posting that. I will post the whole story later when Tom is home and I am not so tired. It may help or reassure people living or hoping to live in Bulgaria. I will tell the good the bad and the ugly no holds barred, but today has been fantastic and the guys who gave blood said that Tom is now a Bulgarian blood brother. How lovely is that? My family want us home but this is another challenge and at the moment I am happy with the doctors and our wonderful villagers. Thank you Bryan.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 am

s

So glad Tom is home now and feeling much better. You are very lucky Oldun to have such wonderful neighbours but as Willow will tell you, I am a firm believer in 'what goes around comes around' and this has now been proven as you have done such a lot for your neighbours over the years. So well done! and God bless you both xx

Oddy Good Neighbours 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 am

Get Well Soon Tom.

Nice to hear some positive Bulgarian tales.

My neighbours once sorted out a ParaMedic for me at 2.30 am when my wife was ill and stayed with us until he arrived, treated her and she was comfortable in bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks Oddie and Chris for your wishes. He should be home tomorrow Friday. He was so happy when the doc told him that. I am going in again today and I hope there have been no more problems and he really can come home.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 pm

A mixed message from me, first of all I hope Tom is making a good recovery and he will soon be back to normal, and second how wonderful to hear of such kindness of the neighbours who are helping out by giving blood I think this says so much about the Bulgarian people and the respect they have for human life so I applaud the |Bulgarians for this help and take my hat off to Tom for the respect he has gained. Good Neighbours 2706089290Good Neighbours 2706089290
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Blink wrote:
A mixed message from me, first of all I hope Tom is making a good recovery and he will soon be back to normal, and second how wonderful to hear of such kindness of the neighbours who are helping out by giving blood I think this says so much about the Bulgarian people and the respect they have for human life so I applaud the |Bulgarians for this help and take my hat off to Tom for the respect he has gained. Good Neighbours 2706089290Good Neighbours 2706089290

I agree 100% Blink, it's good to know that those kind and considerate Bulgarians could have saved Joe's life. I don't know how important their giving blood was but I am sure we will be put in the picture soon, when Annie is ready to post, and don't forget folk, not only was she a very worried person but she spent all New Year away from her man
Hope you have got Joe home by now and he will continue to make a full recovery. Summer is coming s
ATB Good Neighbours 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Thank you again - this is really good support too. Its comforting to know that people have taken time to post.
I am happy to say that Tom (Joe??? ha ha) came home Friday and is recovering well on a diet of mash and milk! He has to have a hospital check on the 15th and see our village doc when he visits on Thursday. Also a very big prescription!
More wonderful news of our good neighbours. When the snow was really thick on the ground yesterday, we had a visit from Evgenii (organiser of our Rockfest) who trudged down our muddy, snowy, slushy lane especially to reassure Tom. He had been very ill a few years ago and knew what Tom would be going through. He told us that the whole village set up a support network and even phoned the hospital doctor to find out what was wrong and reassured him that with careful diet he will heal and be back to his old self. Probably minus a few pounds though. We were absolutely over the moon at this news. Sometimes you never know what villagers are thinking of you. They don't always show their feelings but we will never forget that we now know for sure that they are there for us whenever needed. We will re-double our own efforts to be of service when a need arises.
I will write more somewhere on this forum when things settle but for now I will just say another thank you to you all for the support. Our internet was down for the last two days and no electric for 3 hours today but hopefully all will be back to normal on every front tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 pm

I took this pic of Tom with his Christmas dinner never thinking for a moment what would happen two days later! Hope it wasn't my cooking.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:13 pm

oldun wrote:

I took this pic of Tom with his Christmas dinner never thinking for a moment what would happen two days later! Hope it wasn't my cooking.

oldun
No wonder Tom was rushed into hospital if he ate that lot, it had to burst something didn't it, so you must be kinder next Christmas and give him little and often. Hope he is improving every day and his Bulgarian blood brothers/sisters have been invited to his get well party Good Neighbours 2706089290Good Neighbours 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 am

:Clap:It was rather a plateful wasn't it? Another good neighbour came today with two rabbits which is something he is allowed to eat besides chicken. I will boil it up and serve with milk. We were told it was a gift from the village and would not allow me to pay. We continue to be overwhelmed. Good Neighbours 1763269238
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Well done oldun you keep feeding Tom like this and he will soon be right. Good Neighbours 739492727
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Neighbours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Neighbours   Good Neighbours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Neighbours

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next