Bored? give us an idea what to do!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
botev
Senior user
Senior user

Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

I love bg but like anywhere in the world, one is always sure to get bored. I have a very busy life but always with washing clothes, feeding the kids, cleaning out the animals, work, etc etc etc so when i get five minutes to myself, or sometimes if im lucky half a day! I am totally stuck as to what to do!

I did think about starting to make a goat shed as i will be having one soon, however i have no idea where to begin and the weather has been rubbish for this sort of thing anyway!

What do you guys do when you are bored?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

junenan wrote:
I would just like a friend or 2 to share it all with .

Know how you feel ..most of mine have already gone back.... .. it can be very lonely ...everyones circumstances are different ...pity we do not live nearer to each other... eh !
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I can imagine it can get very lonely but I do believe that happens all over the world when you make the break from what was your comfort zone I think its just a case of think of different things to do that suits the individual as we are all so very different when I'm bored even here in the uk I either get on the computer and maybe chat to friends or just generally have a look round here and there but to be honest I always seem to have something that needs doing and I don't have any children so it's really for me to say much here but all the best LittleSteps with whatever you do all advice is good if it's what you want and it answers your question
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 pm

I understand all of what is being said here, when i am bored of course there are always other things i could be doing! I get bored with doing the same stuff, plus sometimes i want a break from the same routine day in day out! i still love my life here, and to be honest i am now starting to apprectiate the busy summers on the coast and the quiet winters, i guess this winter has been hard for us as so many negatives have taken over the positives, however we still have positives and one of those is is that i am still in bulgaira i fear this topic is getting very deep!
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

"
Our Bulgaria "
A forum where you can freely have your say"
Each to their own!! Be it pos or neg!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Don't worry LittleSteps you will always get different views in a topic like this there are those that are happy and those that are not but its horses for courses it would do if we were all the same you hang on to whats important in your life and you will be happy wherever you are
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

Well after a week of bad internet connections, I catch up on this topic so If I may I will put my 10 penneth in. A long winter has not helped us being positive. For the older people it is also much harder to accept as the choice of physical activity which sometimes, the younger ones take for granted also restrict your choices. Lanquage again is a serious major issue here. But if you can type on the computer then you have contact, and if you ask around, you can arrange meetings.
Maybe not everyone has a Partner to share, (shout at, argue with)
If I had no personal transport and no internet, I would move much nearer to a town.
but village life even in the UK can be very depressing too. and a lot of the village people are boring!
I do not sit and relax well, I have too many hobbies and not enough time, BUT, I still get bored, or is it tired? of the same things? or of not having enough energy to do what i want to do? I really believe you have to keep trying and learning new things, and your brain is not always your friend.
In the UK there is always someone to phone, meet, because we have had a lifetime of making contacts. Always another shop/pub place to go, if you can get to it.
And I speak from personal experience, you cannot get away from your own demons where ever you live. If the pro's out weigh the cons, then try to change it, BUT while you are waiting, TRY to enjoy it. Of course I am writing this to remind myself, as well as you guys on the forum.
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 am

I wrote to say I was lonely I still am but have found something to keep me going for the moment I have resurected my knitting machine brought quite a bit of yarn with me but the thing is will I be able to get any coned yarn here in bulgaria maybe some one knows of a source I am knitting things for the local dog charity they have a book day once a month and sell other bits and pieces there other stalls there as well its in pravadia every third saturday of the month english food is on sale to for all those little things us english cant do with out cream crackers cheddar cheese bisto just a few things whats on offer bye for know junenan
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 am

hello just a quick word to see if anyone is knitting on a knitting machine I brought mine with me and some yarn does anyone know where I can get coned yarn I think its probably very unlikely but you never knowI can probably get some yarn but it will have to be wound I need some needles I expect I will have to get them in england my daughter will bring them but yarn will make the luggage to heavy as there is so much restriction on weight now I have been here nearly 3 years and was feeling a bit fed up I have lots of hobbies but now & then its nice to have a change thats why I resurected my knitting machine now making toys for the dog charity bazarr any thing for a change I lead such an exciting life that knitting is the hi lite ha ha bye for now junenan
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 am

will ask about fro you junenan, i know we have lots of shops around here the cater for all such hobbies!!!
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi Junenan, If you ask your daughter to get you a wool winder, you can then buy the wool in skeins. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:42 pm

I moved from a housing estate in Eastleigh Hampshire, where I had lived and raised my kids for over 20 years, to Axminster in Devon.

I gave up a well paid full time job and my partner moved his successful small business. We made the move because we were tired of the treadmill and wanted a quieter life.

After sleeping pretty much continuosly for 3-4 weeks I started to get used to the quiet, not having pubs that served food all day, being 25 miles from the major stores and not having my best mates round the corner. It was lonely and boring. Brian was ok because he meets people on the markets he works.

I have lots of hobbies but I still felt isolated.

So, I got a part time job and help Brian with his business.

We have moved even further in to the countryside, so not even a shop within walking distance now. I have to say that after a period of adjustment we are really content.

We are looking to move out to Bulgaria, possibly this year, and I think we are now adapted to the isolation from friends and kids. Obviously moving to a country like Bulgaria is more of a pioneering experience and will be really hard work to establish friends etc.

I'm trying to learn a bit of the language (slowly!!) and do not really expect to be "
content"
for quite a while. But we will be busy on our property and trying to grow veg etc and we will definately make an effort to meet the locals. I'm hoping that we have a realistic view of what life is going to be like, and we're prepared to give it our best shot.

A positive outlook certainly helps in these situations, and I suspect maintaining a sense of humour will be essential.

If it turns out, like it has for some others, that it is not the right thing to do for us, then so be it, but it doesn't mean Bulgaria is at fault, just that it wasn't right for us at this moment in our lives.

Fingers crossed, we remain focused and sane!!
Back to top Go down
woodsman7
Anonymous

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 pm

HI as my hobbie is also my work I really dont get time to be board but I relax reading, We live in a lovely quite village with a small shop and a town 15km away where we see a lots of english and have a nice coffee to also relax and good resteraunts,
But when we bought we had no idea where our village was and was very happy to find so many things on our doorstep so to speek, even the sea is only 40mins away and the dogs love it, summer and winter.

If given the choice of living in UK or elsewhere in Bg it would be our village everytime, lovely village, wonderful helpfull friendly people and great views.

regards w
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:37 am

to profile I have a wool winder & have thought about the yarn you can get its tricky here getting just what you want yarn on a cone always seems better but guess I will have to try out what I can get I know someone who maybe driving over so might get what I want but its all maybe at the moment I have enough to carry on with but will run out somewhen thankyou for your interest I am grateful for all the help I can get & all the contact I make as I have said before I find Bulgaria a very lonely place but maybe when we can move we will find somewhere just a little bit more friendly than here in Bosvylisko thakyou all very much junenan
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:00 am

Hi just wondered how things were for you now junenan I hope your finding things to keep you happy over there
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:38 pm

I've read through this topic and I do wonder what all the expats do who don't work in BG it would be nice if some of you could perhaps write here what your days consist of a sort of daily diary for a week, I'm not being nosy but curious as to what it is you all do :Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 3897195628: Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 2345823347 Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored? give us an idea what to do!   Bored? give us an idea what to do! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored? give us an idea what to do!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2