altText
altText
altText

Food and recipies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 am

Ok, lets see what you have, I love my food and enjoy the taste of Bulgarian food very much, so lets see what you lot can put here.

I hope it will be interesting. I'd love to get some recipies to try out. Cooking is one of my pleasures living here.

Best wishes to all of you
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am

I'm with you ... I love cooking (one of my great passions in life) and especially love seeing what we can produce with Bulgarian ingredients.

Yesterday was a batch of home-made Cornish Pasties! Two eaten immediately, 6 more in the freezer and worked out at less than one lev each :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 am

Ok Guy's sounds good to me I will stick with the Indian side of food? as that is what I do best [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by 1 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 am

Nice Idea, I think there will be lods that others can offer, I don't cook to much but I will be trying some of them :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 pm

what a great idea this is, I don't think I have seen anything like this on the other forums Food and recipies 1536469901
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 am

If I put on a few stone I know who to blame :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
billfromvt

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Now is the time of year when vegetables like leeks. peppers, and cauliflower are in season, at their best in quality and price. Spend an hour in the market buying the best produce, an hour preping and blanching ready for the freezer and all winter eating veg that you know is fresh, cleaned properly and available to you out of season.

Bill
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:06 pm

billfromvt wrote:
Now is the time of year when vegetables like leeks. peppers, and cauliflower are in season, at their best in quality and price. Spend an hour in the market buying the best produce, an hour preping and blanching ready for the freezer and all winter eating veg that you know is fresh, cleaned properly and available to you out of season.

Bill

Hi billfromvt can you tell me is this typical of life in Bulgaria, I only ask as I am very interested in what you sayn as I am a Vegetarian [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
billfromvt

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:52 pm

There are 2 schools for preserving veg. There is the old peoples way which involves lots of jars and and hot water with all kinds of fruit and veg, quite nice but just does not hold the colour very well and the taste is "
an aquired"
taste. Freezing is the norm for most of the younger generation and of course most of the western europeans who live here. Veg is just as it was 30 years ago in the UK, mainly available and plentifull when in season. There are some supermarkets which improt out of season veg but it is not always at it's best.

Hope this helps

Bill
Back to top Go down
crystals

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 am

been doing the same

when in season, like now the cauliflower, buying from the markets cheaper, blanching and freezing in portions so will now have available all year and not have to pay the higher prices in the supermarket for imported

hopefully will have garden completed for next season and grow our own!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Well I shall have to have a think - I usually just open jars and add to the meat Oh I tell you what I actually made whilst in BG. I made a lovely looking apple pie with apples from the garden and I had a little shamrock on top and all that. Only problem was I forgot to put in the baking powder and it was as flat as a pancake It was discusting The neigbours dog love it. I know this because he used to growl at me all the time, now he wags his tail - so I will make him another on next year

Oddy
Back to top Go down
billfromvt

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Never used Baking powder in pastry, if it was flat it was probably overworked. Try these two:-

Sweet paste

400 Grammes Flour
200 Grammes Margarine or butter
50 Grammes Icing sugar
200 grammes approx Water to bind

Rub margarine/butter and flour together to form fine breadcrumbs.
Add icing sugar and lightly mix.
Add water slowly to form a dough that should be the texture of putty, if it crumbles when you squeeze it between your fingers it is too dry, add a little more water.
Wrap in cling film and store in the fridge for an hour before use.

Sweet paste 2

400 Grammes Flour
200 Grammes Margarine or butter
100 Grammes castor sugar
2 eggs
Water as required

Rub margarine/butter and flour together to form fine breadcrumbs.
Mix sugar and eggs together until sugar is dissolved, make a well in the center of pastry mix, mix ingredients together to form a dough add water if required so that the dough is the texture of putty, if it crumbles when you squeeze it between your fingers it is too dry, add a little more water.
Wrap in cling film and store in the fridge for an hour before use.

This makes a very light almost shortbread type of pastry I add almond or vanilla flavourings and make biscuits with this pastry

Bill
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm

crystals wrote:
been doing the same

when in season, like now the cauliflower, buying from the markets cheaper, blanching and freezing in portions so will now have available all year and not have to pay the higher prices in the supermarket for imported

hopefully will have garden completed for next season and grow our own!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi crystals did you do your planting and what was the result? I know I should be asking this in another forum "
How does your garden grow"
but I found this here so sorry mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food and recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and recipies   Food and recipies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food and recipies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1