Just bought a property!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

Just bought a property! Empty
PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi everyone...My partner and I have today after a lot of time and research purchased a property in the village of Radanovo (30kms north of VT).
We first started looking at buying in BG when we were living in Turkey about 6 years ago..really pleased we didn't purchase back then as the prices have certainly come down since then!
We moved back to Spain again over 3 years ago and have been keeping an eye on the market here in Bulgaria. In January decided that it was time for us to come back over and look again at buying and moving here full time.
We decided for various reasons to concentrate our search on 2 areas, Firstly the Yambol and surrounding areas and secoundly the VT region.
We arranged to come over for 2 weeks and meet up with 2 different Estate agents.
The first 3 days were spent in Yambol being shown around properties by a company called Bulgarianrealestateonline I must say that we found the couple running the company and the staff extremally friendly and very helpfull, also arranging for us to meet up with some other British couples one evening for a meal giving us a chance to hear first hand from other expats their expiriences in regards to making the move to Bulgaria.
We then travelled to VT to meet up with a company called Stara Planina and spent 3 days viewing various properties with a really pleasent and very helpfull guy called Oggi.
With both estate agents we never felt pressured into purchasing any particular property which was surprising considering the state of the market at the moment.
Within just 1 day of being in VT we had decided that this was definatly the area we wanted to be in as in our opinion it offers so much more than the Yambol region...a really lovely area, fantastic scenary, excellent shopping, bars and places to visit.
We eventually found a great property at the right price in a large village about 50mtrs off of the main road heading North out of VT so really accesable during the winter months and only 25 mins drive into the centre of VT.
Hopefully everything should be completed within the next 2 mths and we look forward to moving over to BG then full time.
Sorry for such a long post!!
It would also be great to hear from anyone else living in the same area.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm

congratulations on your purchase...hope all goes well for you
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi borntolaze CONGRATULATIONS to you both delighted for you :

Bet you are reall excited about it all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Good luck

Oddy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NOPUS
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 pm

varnagirl wrote:
congratulations on your purchase...hope all goes well for you

I fully agree with varnagirl, the mood in your post proves you made a good choice and I am sure you are feeling happy about it. Good luck and enjoy your time there.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Congratulations on your purchase.

We're in Kotel which is about half way between between VT and Yambol.

Hope all goes well with the completion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 am

Welcome, hope you love Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
wilola
Anonymous

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 am

Welcome and glad you found the house for you, hope all goes well and you lookforward to living here, We just love the place

regards wilola
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi and welcome i too live live near VT but only 4k away . I know your village well there are a few English people there that i know . And a few round that area as well . Not far from Ruse which i prefer to VT for shopping and night life . If you need to know anything just ask and i will do my best . John
Back to top Go down
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:46 pm

congrats mate, hope you have many happy years in your new home!
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Best of luck mate and congratulations let us all know how you settle in I still have to take the plunge so any advice would be helpful to
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

All the best to you and good luck in your future life
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks folks for all the best wishes
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 am

to any one thinking of moving to bulgaria I have one word DONT its just a nothing country nothing going for it cant think of one good reason to come here as soon as the time is right we are off if we could go now we would I am envious of folk who have made it work but doubt if we ever will just want a bit more than bulgaria has to offer junenan
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm

junenan wrote:
to any one thinking of moving to bulgaria I have one word DONT its just a nothing country nothing going for it cant think of one good reason to come here as soon as the time is right we are off if we could go now we would I am envious of folk who have made it work but doubt if we ever will just want a bit more than bulgaria has to offer junenan

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!...seriously though, I have lived and worked in rather lot of different countries and have allways bourne in mind that what suits and works for one person dosn't neccesarily work for someone else. It also depends on what your initial expectations are and for what reasons you are moving to a particular country.
The area you choose to live in plays a huge part, for example I lived in Altinkum in Turkey for a few years and only bought in that area because it hapened to be the cheapest at the time...however after living there for 6 mths and travelling to other much nicer parts of Turkey I realised I had picked the wrong area totally!
Hopefully I've picked the right area this time and it lives up to my expectations!
Back to top Go down
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

junenan wrote:

is it just me that thinks this is really out-of-order, way to spoil someones celebration, wanna come to my birthday party?

bet you don't get many xmas dinner offers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a property!   Just bought a property! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought a property!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next