altText

Pointer - Give a dog a home??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TYS
Junior user
Junior user

Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Empty
PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:08 am

Hi there

We are looking for a home for a male pointer. The story behind this is: My foreman returned to work with the truck one day with an extremely skinny dog on board. I asked why and he told me that while getting building supplies a guy put the dog on the back of the truck and asked him to dump it in a field somewhere to die!! He is a real nice dog, looks like an old boy. He is good on a lead and off. He is good with other animals. We simply cannot keep this dog. We have already a dog, cats, parrots and a young baby and work full time. We have more than enough to cope with. :Pointer - Give a dog a home?? 1931734156: suggested to put the dog down but I really would rather not do this. He was somebodies very faithful dog, how they could treat this poor animal like that is beyond me.

Do you think you could give this dog a home?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi TYS

Please contact Jacquie New at [email:2s0p7cl1]jacquienew1966@aol.
co.
uk[/email:2s0p7cl1]

She runs the Black Sea Coast end of the Bulgarian Society for Animal Protection and Preservation ... a long established animal charity here in Bulgaria.

If she doesn't know anybody will take him in, she may be able to house him in her kennels and put him up for adoption or at least put you in contact with somebody who can help.

Would take him myself if I didn't already have a German Shepherd.

Best of luck.
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

I afraid this is typical in Bulgaria but it always amazes me that so many Bulgarian have a dog I know its for security and thay don't see dogs as we do but to leave a dog to die well I just can't understand the reasons don't get me wrong i'm not a dog lover but I wouldn't want to do something like this surely there are places that these dogs can be taken to by Bulgarians
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I think its a crying shame,but it seems normal for these people,leave the village to go to their flat in town for the winter,and leave the cats and dogs to fend for themselves,and hope that they are there when they return

Mike
Back to top Go down
TYS
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:54 am

Thanks for the responses. I will contact Jacquie and see if she can help. If anyone can take this dog please get in contact with me.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TYS
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 am

[size=100:1xz3q989]Just to update you all. Thanks to Chris giving us the contact details of Jacquie, we have found a home for this dog now named Sean.

A kind lady called Jean that lives near Varna has taken him in and she seems delighted with the old boy!!

There is unknown to us before, a fantastic network who help these poor animals. They are always looking for people willing to foster the dogs until they are found a permanent home. So if anybody would like to get involved I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Take care
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:56 am

Hi TYS

Glad to hear he's settled into his new home .. great news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 am

Well done TYS and Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointer - Give a dog a home??   Pointer - Give a dog a home?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointer - Give a dog a home??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-