altText
altText

Floor thermal insulation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SwedInBalchik

Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Have you also woke up in the morning and realied that the floor is freezing?

There is a physical law that heat travels from hot areas to cooler areas. I heard that up to 20% of heat loss occurs through the floor and by insulating and blocking draughts you will save 350kg of CO2 a year. Here in Bulgaria we can use [url=http:
//www.
fibran.
bg/eng/eco.
htm:10grpkyg]Fibran[/url:10grpkyg] for insulating:

Quote :
In accordance with the latest EU-regulations FIBRAN uses agents / gases that have no harmful effects on the UV-protective layer of stratospheric ozone (ODP=0) and only a marginal contribution to the "
greenhouse effect"
(low GWP) without perceptible depreciation of the thermal insulating properties of the product.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Guys
I will send you a few links on insulation and underfloor heating
Regards Peter

[url=http:
//www.
usg.
com/navigate.
do?resource=/USG_Marketing_Content/usg.
com/web_files/products/Tile_and_Flooring_Category.
htm:3hm1bnhq][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=http:
//www.
rockwool.
com/:3hm1bnhq][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=http:
//www.
devi.
com.
au/deviflex.
htm:3hm1bnhq][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=http:
//www.
nu-heat.
co.
uk/s.
nl/it.
I/id.
396/.
f?sc=7&category=79:3hm1bnhq][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=http:
//www.
engineeringtoolbox.
com/thermal-conductivity-d_429.
html:3hm1bnhq][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and much more
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 am

Peter sure our members will appreciate that

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Peter_Gold
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 am

oddball wrote:

Peter sure our members will appreciate that

Oddy

I do not know but I saw that they want to see many something for floor heating and insulation. I guess this would be of interest to them.
Back to top Go down
NOPUS
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm

SwedInBalchik wrote:
Have you also woke up in the morning and realied that the floor is freezing?

There is a physical law that heat travels from hot areas to cooler areas. I heard that up to 20% of heat loss occurs through the floor and by insulating and blocking draughts you will save 350kg of CO2 a year. Here in Bulgaria we can use [url=http:
//www.
fibran.
bg/eng/eco.
htm:3i9gtomv]Fibran[/url:3i9gtomv] for insulating:

Quote :
In accordance with the latest EU-regulations FIBRAN uses agents / gases that have no harmful effects on the UV-protective layer of stratospheric ozone (ODP=0) and only a marginal contribution to the "
greenhouse effect"
(low GWP) without perceptible depreciation of the thermal insulating properties of the product.

Hi guys, Fibran is a brand name. The material type is called XPS, which is different than the one called EPS used for wall insulation.

The producers of XPS are:

Fibran - [url=http:
//www.
fibran.
bg,:3i9gtomv][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Austrotherm - [url=http:
//www.
austrotherm.
com/bg/main1/index.
shtml:3i9gtomv][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you can find the product in almost any shop selling construction materials.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Mickhev

Did you find out any more info from your mate about Solar powered under floor heating?

Judy
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Judybabe

Not yet his name is Robert and he lives in Kanobat,but at the moment he is in Russia as soon as he is back i will ask him

Mike
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks

Judy
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I have been doing a bit of research on this, and one problem i have noticed is if you use the electric system for under floor heating on a floating floor mice are a problem they will eat the cables then its rip up the floor to fix it, so if you use a wood burner with hot water heater you would be better using the wet system and run it as a central heating system, the installation cost are almost the same but wood/coal etc is cheaper then electric i think, modern systems will raise your floor about 1 inch.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:04 pm

our friends have the underfloor heating, and its great. but they are three floors up, so maybe the mice cannot reach there. lol. but if anything went wrong with this system, you have to take the floor up, big messy and expensive.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:33 pm

The temperature is 30C odd degrees and I am putting polystyrene insulation on the wall on one end of our lounge to keep us warm in the winter. It all seems mad doing this work in soaring heat, but in the winter I will feel the benefit of it, I hope!! Other work includes doing the same to our kitchen walls, which are dry lined walls with gaps all over place and last winter it was freezing in there. So with the insulation in place and the purchase of a pechka we expect to be warm in the kitchen this coming winter as well. The last winter meant that we could possibly switch the freezer off as it was no warmer than outside the snow.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 am

Are you putting the insulation on the inside of the house or on the outside?

As far as I know 'normally' for various reasons it goes on the outside and then the property is rendered over, not forgetting the netting to help the render stick etc.

I'm going to say 'obviously' as it's also easier to install on the outside as there are a lot less intricate parts to get around, plus:

1. You are not making the internal room dimensions smaller.
2. No problems when or if fixing anything to the walls such as mirrors, pictures, shelving etc.
3. But the main reason is to stop the cold from penetrating into the brickwork which when the brickwork is on the inside will absorb the cold resulting in a not so warm property.
4. Polystyrene does not absorb or retain heat whereas bricks and mortar does, so the reverse of which can also be said for the hot summer months where polystyrene on the inside will help to retain the heat internally whereas brickwork on the inside should help to keep it cooler.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Are you putting the insulation on the inside of the house or on the outside?

Yes, on the outside Phil. I am no plasterer, but it looks alright and we are pleased with the result.

c c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Floor thermal insulation   Floor thermal insulation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Floor thermal insulation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2