altText

Trailers from Uk How to register?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

Trailers from Uk How to register? Empty
PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 am

3 years ago I bought a small new trailer from a company in Dobrich, went through the registration etc. and now pay my 20 lev a year to Municipality. no problems. Since then I like a couple of my friends, have bought from the Uk a car trailer, good investment good for moving large timbers,straw etc. as well and where we are, it's good to have a backup plan in case of breakdown etc.
which is ok in the village. Question is with no UK reg. plate, hence no documents, how do we make this legal? for main road use.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 am

I'm going through this very thing at the moment,you need from the people that made the trailer a form of reg document,that lists axles,braking system,ect,you also need to contact DVLA Swansea,and you require a letter off them stating that it does not need to be registered in England,its very long winded,i have an ifor Williams twin axle tipping trailer with full reg document its like a proper log book but they still insist on this letter from DVLA i have been waiting for 2 months now,Dvla are very slow and reluctant to do it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:24 am

I had the same thing Mike when I had to obtain a replacement Bulgarian driving licence. DVLA offer a service to 'overseas' whereby they will fax you a 'certificate of entitlement' to apply for the new licence (just one of the many documents required).

I paid for and got the fax, when along to KAT with the rest of the documents and was immediately refused as the document was a fax.

Then back to DVLA for a few more wasted hours on the phone trying to get them to post me an original.

They eventually sent me the original, which I again took to KAT. This time it was refused as the 'official stamp' on the document had been done in black ink by the DVLA, so I couldn't prove this was the original ha ha!!!

What a daft carry on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 am

So does the story continue or have you sorted it now Chris ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am

All Sorted ... got my lovely Bulgarian driving licence!
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Chris i have to ask did they keep your English licence to send back to uk,i have been told this is what they do.also DVLA then send it back to the address on the licence,is this true

Mike
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Couldn't keep my English licence, got stolen by a prostitute in Sofia.

She had such a grip on my ****** I didn't even notice here getting in my (zipped) jacket pocket and stealing my wallet.

Not that I tend to meet prostitutes, I was jumped on!
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

We believe you Chris dont we Ashley
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

mickhev wrote:
We believe you Chris dont we Ashley
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 pm

mickhev wrote:
I'm going through this very thing at the moment,you need from the people that made the trailer a form of reg document,that lists axles,braking system,ect,you also need to contact DVLA Swansea,and you require a letter off them stating that it does not need to be registered in England,its very long winded,i have an ifor Williams twin axle tipping trailer with full reg document its like a proper log book but they still insist on this letter from DVLA i have been waiting for 2 months now,Dvla are very slow and reluctant to do it.

Mike
Hi Mike any update re the trailer problem?
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Just like to add still waiting for a letter off DVLA

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

mickhev wrote:
Just like to add still waiting for a letter off DVLA Mike

No change there then
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 pm

No not at all Ashley but i have heard if a Bulgarian takes the trailer in it goes straight through,trouble with being English i suppose

Mike
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Now that's a thought, once it's documented you can buy it from them.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Thats the idea

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailers from Uk How to register?   Trailers from Uk How to register? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailers from Uk How to register?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1