altText

In sleep mode fan still running

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 7:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Took my PC to the shop as the screen did not work, had to get a new screen but the shop man put a new battery in the clock/date section. Got home put the pc on and all was well, new monitor works well however, when I put the pc into sleep mode, it all turns off but the fan keeps running on and on so shounds like the pc is on all the time. I contacted the shop and he said this is not a problem just turn the pc off. Now this is silly can't keep doing that but he was not perpared for me to take it in again for him to sort so has not repsonded to my emails

On check on the google it appears to be a BIOS problem I have windows 7 so seem like it might be an easy fix if I did manage to get into BIOS but if I make a mistake I could fry the mother board Hot Hot Hot So in simple terms can anyone talk me though it please. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you are free please Thanks a million.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 am

If you think it will help, yes download and install, I would suggest Real temp or Temp Taskbar, fairly simple interface you may need winzip or winrar to get to the files

Bill
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am

Sorry for not posting earlier, I have very bad internet during heavy rains.

Glad to see you have fixed the problem.
I agree with Bill concerning the monitoring software, anything that helps to monitor the condition of your system is a good thing.
This sort of software can also be used to good effect to give an indication as to when a clean of the CPU heatsink is necessary, just periodically check with the PC in a standard condition, I would recommend no other software running for a couple of minutes, check the temperature, if you start to see an increase consider a blow out of the internals.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm

I tried to download Real Task but everytime I clicked download it took me to a page for easyPDF downlaod do I have to install that first?
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:12 am

? You probably did not scroll down the page far enough, a lot of these pages contain ads ( I use Chrome with ad blocker to prevent it)
Try this link for Real TEMP

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scroll down until you see the three choices - sign in with FB - Google underneath in GREEN ALternative download and use that

The download will start automatically unzip the file and install

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 pm

bulgariabill wrote:

The download will start automatically unzip the file and install

Bill

Ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bill thanks I have downloaded it and it is in the download file but I don't know how to unzip it I EXTRACTED files but nothing happened Sorry
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Quote :
I don't know how to unzip it I EXTRACTED files but nothing happened

OK? a litle confused, you have the zip file downloaded, then you say 'Don't know how to unzip it? then say I have extracted files? if you have extracted the contents then it is unzipped? can you locate where you extracted them to?
there should be 14 sections of the file, one of which will be - realtemp.exe - you need to double click on that to install.

What zip extractor do you use ? Winrar, 7 zip - win zip?

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm

I downlaoded it onto the downlaod area, seacrhed pc for it an found This is the reading sorry can't copy and past and can't screen print as it won't let me so type out as it reads and on the tool bar the no 33 goes between 32 and 33

E6600 160.02MHX
266.67 X 60

GPU 43C LAD 0.7

TEMPATURE
30 TO 34

Distance to TJ Maz
60 to 57

Minimum
30c to 33c
maximum
40c to 41c
Thermal status
ok ok

Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm

In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 2706089290 bit round the houses but you got there, well done

You should have desktop icon now so you can check periodically, the figures will fluctuate and results will depend on what you have running when testing and make of PC, but last statement:- Thermal status ok ok

So I would say you are running normally?

Bill

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 2706089290  bit round the houses but you got there, well done

You should have desktop icon now so you can check periodically, the figures will fluctuate and results will depend on what you have running when testing and make of PC, but last statement:- Thermal status ok ok

So I would say you are running normally?

Bill

T T T T T That is just wonderful thanks a million you are a real In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 2204270746 In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 1069384364
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Do you know Berni
In all the years I've had a computer I have never used SLEEP MODE, so I thought I would click on the button and see what comes up, and this is it
PC stays on but uses very low power
Apps stay open so when the PC wakes up you are instantly back to where you left off g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Neither have I, not usually needed for everyday use, When I have finished doing what I need to, I close the programmes not required, and switch off monitor, below may be worth a note? but each to their own g

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again.

Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player; the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops.

While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won’t use your laptop for an extended period and won’t have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.

Screensavers were originally designed to protect computer monitors from phosphor burn-in. ... The phosphors, used to make the pixels in the display, would glow at a constant rate for such a long period of time that they would actually discolor the glass surface of the CRT.

Not such a problem with new monitors.

Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm

In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 2316720568 Bil> I'm now past my sell by date, but still willing to learn, there is something new every day and the last thing I want to hear from my grand children is you are getting old grand-dad and don't understand up to date technology, but I try In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 1069384364  In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 pm

I have always used sleep only because it was a necessity at work when we left our desk and quick access when we got back so I did set up my home pc to do the same. I open pc in the morning and close at night. Mind you during the winter with the rain and the thunderstorms I tend to use my tablet as we have had a few power cuts and it has messed up the pc a few times, so best be safe.

Yes Willow we learn something new everyday. Today I learned how the Bulgarian's actually was up. There is a tank full of hot water they let the cold water run all the time, wet the dishes and put loads of washing up licquid on a spone and put this on each item and put th times on the work surface (work surface soaking wet but the time all the dishes are washed) then they rinse and rinse and rinse each item off in cold water and put on the rack to drain. They must uses letres and letres of water. I said need to serilise the dishes in hot water but the response was 'na na toplow voda na dobra' ie no no hot water is not good. They seem to be under the opinion that running cold water is the best way to clean everything. Not much you can say to that than.

When I was up I clean off all the dishes then have a basin of hot soapy water to rinse them in once rinsed fresh hot soapy water to wash them. I never rinse them. So wonder who is right. or is there a right way and wrong way I guess we are all different eh!
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 12:59 am

Yes Berni, it's called different culture I think La
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:01 am

wilowsend,
Quote :
I'm now past my sell by date, but still willing to learn, there is something new every day and the last thing I want to hear from my grand children is you are getting old grand-dad and don't understand up to date technology, but I try
Welcome to the Silver Surfer club In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 3367882216 I am fast approaching my 3 score and 10 but decided that the way the technology was progressing I would need to keep up (did have help from the kids in the early days g ) plus there are plenty of help places on line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One of the most common problems is not understanding that the machine, like a house, needs to be kept clean, not only from dust and debris, that the unit collects, but from all the junk the silently collects on the hard drive when surfing the web, downloading and installing, or after removing items, so essential that at least once a week it gets a clean up, There are several programmes available to help.

Berni
Quote :
I have always used sleep only because it was a necessity at work when we left our desk and quick access when we got back so I did set up my home pc to do the same. I open pc in the morning and close at night. Mind you during the winter with the rain and the thunderstorms I tend to use my tablet as we have had a few power cuts and it has messed up the pc a few times, so best be safe.

Totally agree that sleep mode for workplaces is an efficient way, but they are not owned by the user and they have IT teams to repair when messed up In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 1865348797
Regarding the power failure and storms, investing in a surge protector and running the system through a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply ) so when a power cut hits, the unit continues to run and you have plenty of time to save your work and close down (best for Tower systems as laptops usually have battery backup)

As for washing up.. Depends on where you are, what facilities you have and how you were educated/brought up plenty of places in the world that have no hot water supply, but they manage. Me under my current circumstances ...... Dishwasher In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 1865348797

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In sleep mode fan still running    In sleep mode fan still running  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In sleep mode fan still running

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-