altText

Heat warning code Orange

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Heat  warning code Orange  Empty
PostSubject: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 am

It is code Orange now in BG so here are a few tips

Its going to be another hot day in Bulgaria , plus 40 degrees , so here are some survival tips for friends in Bulgaria and other hot places . . .

Heat exhaustion is a heat-related illness that can occur after you've been exposed to high temperatures, and it often is accompanied by dehydration.

There are two types of heat exhaustion:

Water depletion. Signs include excessive thirst, weakness, headache, and loss of consciousness.
Salt depletion. Signs include nausea and vomiting, muscle cramps, and dizziness.
Although heat exhaustion isn't as serious as heat stroke, it isn't something to be taken lightly. Without proper intervention, heat exhaustion can progress to heat stroke, which can damage the brain and other vital organs, and even cause death.

Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion

The most common signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion include:

Confusion
Dark-colored urine (a sign of dehydration)
Dizziness
Fainting
Fatigue
Headache
Muscle or abdominal cramps
Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Pale skin
Profuse sweating
Rapid heartbeat
Treatment for Heat Exhaustion

If you, or anyone else, has symptoms of heat exhaustion, it's essential to immediately get out of the heat and rest, preferably in an air-conditioned room. If you can't get inside, try to find the nearest cool and shady place.

Other recommended strategies include:

Drink plenty of fluid (avoid caffeine and alcohol).
Remove any tight or unnecessary clothing.
Take a cool shower, bath, or sponge bath.
Apply other cooling measures such as fans or ice towels.

If such measures fail to provide relief within 15 minutes, seek emergency medical help, because untreated heat exhaustion can progress to heat stroke.

After you've recovered from heat exhaustion, you'll probably be more sensitive to high temperatures during the following week. So it's best to avoid hot weather and heavy exercise until your doctor tells you that it's safe to resume your normal activities.

Risk Factors for Heat Exhaustion

Heat exhaustion is strongly related to the heat index, which is a measurement of how hot you feel when the effects of relative humidity and air temperature are combined. A relative humidity of 60% or more hampers sweat evaporation, which hinders your body's ability to cool itself.

The risk of heat-related illness dramatically increases when the heat index climbs to 90 degrees or more. So it's important -- especially during heat waves -- to pay attention to the reported heat index, and also to remember that the heat index is even higher when you are standing in full sunshine.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 7:35 am

Heat  warning code Orange  3356871870 ....very useful info for those folks who may not be used to warmer climes.

g
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Great post Berni Heat  warning code Orange  3356871870

If I can add to this, if any of you are neuropathic, as I am. A bowl of cool water relieves the discomfort.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 pm

I agree Simon...sitting with your feet in a bowl of cold water (added ice cubes) will bring instant relief! So will immersing your hands and wrists in the same cool water. Cheap and easy fixes for a very uncomfortable situation.

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks Guys, good tips and here is another from a friend

Berni I fill refill water bottles and freeze them ..you can pop on floor and roll bare feet over ..also sit it on your lap or take an unopened frozen one with you in car helps keep you cool whilst defrosting and cool water to drink ..

We are on CODE RED now so do be very careful
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 10:06 pm

My friend Dave posted this today on Facebook and he siad

Sunny beach Bulgaria today a bit hot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dave Cascarino No it's not fake it was 42 in my garden in the shade today all my friends been telling me it was hotter down there the temp on those things are in the sun forecasters predict in the shade
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Let's keep bumping this up for the health and wellbeing of of others while the warm weather ensues
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good monring all.

A lovely overcast start to the morning, but the sun will come though shortly. Although it's still very warm, it's not oppressive and a nice cool breeze,

The temps will still be 33 today so keep safe and cool. Thank goodness for aircon g
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Just got this on the weather chart

Severe Weather Alerts -, Silistra

Orange Warning for Extreme High Temperature in effect from Thursday, 2:01 AM EEST until Friday, 1:59 AM EEST. Source: National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology - BAS

Phew! it is 40+ out there now. I am staying indoors g Heat  warning code Orange  2334215883
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 am

Good morning all and boy is it going to tbe a hot one, outside temp is 34c aready and it is only 8.35am Hot It is too hot to even go and topup my tan La Do take it easy today and stay inside unless it is necessary to go out.

Sofia Globe this morning

Code Red on Thursday: Dangerous weather alerts across Eastern Europe
Written by Imanuel Marcus on August 9, 2017 in Europe - Comments Off on Code Red on Thursday: Dangerous weather alerts across Eastern Europe
Share this:

Facebook17TwitterGoogleLinkedInReddit

The sweltering heat in Eastern Europe will not give up anytime soon, forecasts suggest. The opposite is the case: Temperatures on Thursday, August 10, 2017, will increase again.

Code Red warnings were in place for ten out of eleven provinces in Serbia, because of the temperatures, which will exceed 38 degrees Centigrade, according to forecasters. All of Croatia, all of Montenegro and half of Bosnia got Code Red warnings as well.

According to experts, the heat in the affected areas endangers the lives of inhabitants, especially the sick and the elderly. Animals are endangered as well. And the danger of wildfires will be increased further. Staying indoors, drinking water and being vigilant is extremely important.

In Southern Poland and Southern Italy, Code Red alerts were in place too.

The slightly lesser Code Orange weather warning was given for Bulgaria on Thursday. This applied to all 28 provinces, because of temperatures between 34 and 39 degrees. In areas affected by Code Orange, people should stay indoors or at least in the shade, refrain from moving outside and drink a lot of water.

For weeks, the scorching heat has put South-Eastern Europe in a rather difficult situation. An unknown number of people in Romania, Bulgaria and other countries in the region have died as a result of the excessive heat.

In Bulgaria, firefighters have extinguished some 200 wildfires so far. In Macedonia, which is under Code Orange on Thursday as well, several countries, including Bulgaria, Israel and Switzerland, have recently helped battling wild and forest fires from the air.

Regarding the heat in South-Eastern Europe, there is no end in sight, at this stage.

Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Its the same story in most of Europe now
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 pm

They have even given the heatwave a name....Lucifer!

I grew up with summer temps just like this, but even I am getting tired of it now.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Yes high temps all over Europe and the UK remains cold and wet Heat  warning code Orange  927475117 They need a little sunshine there. Hope they get it before I go back. I need the sun now. s s
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Just back from a uk visit and the weather in the north was pretty grim for time of year they need some s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Welcome back Chops, now send the sun to the UK before I go please s g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat warning code Orange    Heat  warning code Orange  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heat warning code Orange

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next