Preserve expats pension rights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

Preserve expats pension rights Empty
PostSubject: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 12:47 pm

An important issue for many of us is what will happen to expatriot pension rights, such as retaining the right to free health care and continuing to receive regular pension increases, when the UK withdraws from Europe.

Currently there are 2 petitions before parliament to preserve these rights which can be found here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know exactly what rights a British expat is entitled to, such as winter heating allowance etc., because it will be 16 years before I reach state pension age but the ones that are in place should be preserved.

Sorry to bleat on about petitions again, but they are not well advertised and without the information you can't make the choice.
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 8:50 am

Signed c
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:23 pm

I've signed it too but not sure what difference it will make though
Back to top Go down
1abroad
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Signed but I have to agree what difference will it actually make??????
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user
GeshiSimon

PostSubject: Re: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 2:39 pm

I agree with the above comments that it may not make a difference, but it will at least force a response. At 10000 signatures to government must respond at 100000 signatures they must debate this in parliament. Unfortunately this is one of the only tools, outside of the ballot box, that we can use to make our employees listen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preserve expats pension rights   Preserve expats pension rights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preserve expats pension rights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1