altText
altText

Off to the Dentist today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Off to the Dentist today  Empty
PostSubject: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:37 am

g g Ok today I have plucked up the courage to go to the dentist in Silistra. my friend assures me he is very good and speaks English too so a bonus.  Recently I have had some sensativity in one tooth that my own dentist in the UK chipped and put a temp filling in it, so thought I had better get it checked out before it gets worse. I am like most people not over keen on dentist but hopefully all will be ok.

Will let you know how I get on..  Off to the Dentist today  2345823347
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:52 am

Update Well I manage to find the dentist after a long search but we were about 5 minutes late. He was not amused I said sorry just could not find you people sent us in the wrong direction. Anyway after a little wait he called me in than proceeded to ask what the problem was, I told him my tooth was very sensative I know this was because of the small filling that fell out. So he check saying i I can fit it today I will but it maybe a bigger job. And behold as he examined all I could here was him tooting and tooting. He asked a few question than said this not good. I will need xray first to see what is happening there and maybe it will take about 5 days to fix. Off to the Dentist today  3135333095 I said that sounds expensive, he said he will not know until the extra comes back but if it has to be an operations 'WHAT' then we will need anastect to freeze the area. Flipping nora was he thinking of doing a filling without the injection. blow that for a lark I AM out of here.

I could no believe it, a small filling taking 5 days surely he is having a laugh. He could schedule me in for xray the next day but I told him we are away for the week and he said he was away the following week. So we left it that I would contact him on his return. That was in June.

Anyway found the a dental temp filling paste that I bought for my friend but she got it all sorted so did not need the filling paste. I followed the instructions on the pack, filled the filling then went to bed. next morning filling was set firm and no sensativity. So job done!

My question was WHY was the dentist wanting to do a major job when it was only a small filling. c Off to the Dentist today  2345823347
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 am

My question was WHY was the dentist wanting to do a major job when it was only a small filling. c _________________ wrote:

Money gal
they are not all like that thou im pleased to say... my first one was and next does not even charge sometimes...althou i still pay
same with Optician Clinic
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 12:10 pm

varnagirl wrote:

Money gal
they are not all like that thou im pleased to say... my first one was and next does not even charge sometimes...althou i still pay
same with Optician Clinic

Oh ah should have guessed...... This one was recommended by and English person too.. Will go with Bulgarian friends suggestions next time. g
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Quote :
My question was WHY was the dentist wanting to do a major job when it was only a small filling

Hi Berni
Whilst I can empathise with the Varna girls assessment,that is possible, but also speaking as a once qualified Dental Hygienist and Dental surgery assistant, he may also have needed to examine exactly what was causing the sensitivity? and was not prepared to commence work until he knew what he was dealing with?  from what you have outlined, you had already had a temp filling and lost that? then you got the sensitivity back, in the meantime could the pulp and root canal become infected, causing the problem? that can be better seen with an xray,

IF that was then case then it would be more of a surgical procedure than a normal restoration (filling) by means of reaming the root canal removing the infected pulp tissue then replacing with an appropriate material.
I very much doubt he would have attempted any procedure without the correct anesthesia, he was possibly explaining that if it was more than a basic repair that it would require anesthetic

I suspect that there may have been a little lost in translation, or maybe his English was not as good s it could have been to explain? and some are not as equipped as some 'UK' dental practices, hence the delay in Xray, however at the end of the day, you as the patient, decide if you are comfortable or not, and if not seek another opinion, There are good dentist about so would not be put off by this one experience, and suggest you do seek treatment, as if left too long it may become beyond repair and you loose it??

Hope that helps a little with your question Off to the Dentist today  3367882216
Bill
PS the use of the 'self applied' repair material, they are designed as a temporary solution, and can mask the original problem, may stop the immediate sensitivity, but the infection is below and still at work, so be careful
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 7:36 am

Thank Bill

Yes indeed will find another dentist asap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to the Dentist today    Off to the Dentist today  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off to the Dentist today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1