Look forward to Summer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Look forward to Summer Empty
PostSubject: Winter Solstice . . . .brrrrrrr   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 am

Yes, for those who suffer with SAD, today is the Winter Solstice and from today things only get better.

:Snow window: :Snow window: :Snow window:
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 pm

At 12 noon today we were at the bottom of the hill (winter solstice) so now we can start to climb the other side with the day's getting longer and the nights shorter. Roll on s g
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:31 am

Roll on as you say Brian it can't come quick enough for me
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:45 am

I use to look forward to winter but as you get older it's not the same however it is nice to see the younger ones playing in it.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Don't mind either to be honest having lived in Canada you get use to it. Look forward to Summer 739492727
Back to top Go down
hoseman
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:43 pm

I find sunny days lift the spirits at any time of year;
Christmas Day was just one such this year here in my corner of God's garden. Equally, I find cold or wet or dull cloudy weather pretty miserable at any time, and particularly so in the months from May to October when we kind of hope for better!
s
Back to top Go down
http://www.beachfront-apartment.co.uk
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 am

The height of the Winter is now upon us and the white stuff is falling as I speak. The next few nights are going to be anything down to minus 15C . . . brrrrrrr! We have stocked up with two weeks of food for us and our nine dogs, no driving around in this weather.

Look forward to Summer 3367882216 Look forward to Summer 3367882216 Look forward to Summer 3367882216 Look forward to Summer 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Today was not so nice we had a kind of blizzard so no going outside for us. The neighbours were ringing to see if we were ok and to tell us to stay inside in by the fire and have a rest. Bless the they are so good.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:40 am

Well I never, that white stuff is back again and with a vengeance this time. During the next three days it is going to snow every day and the temperatures plummet to minus 10 degrees at night. The UK is worried about 4 inches of snow and minus 5 degrees, get a life and come and live in our Winter weather then! Bulgarians are made of stronger stuff and I suppose us Expats living here as well!

s :Snow window: :Snow window: Look forward to Summer 570106603
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Oh dear you will need your long johns on now for sure Itchy Look forward to Summer 1865348797 Keep warm. It has been a fab day here in the UK sun is quite hot and the washing all dried. Tonight is lot cooler and a frosty wind. Roll on summer Look forward to Summer 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:58 pm

There are quite a few Brits living in Bulgaria who also used to moan about the weather in Britain and still do in Bulgaria.  As usual here in Blighty, we had one day of snow and they closed the schools appararently due to 'Health and safety' because pupils might slip and fall!!!!!  All transport had problems of one sort or another and the media reported as if it was some kind of holocaust.  However, I know that whatever the weather throws at Bulgaria things will largely carry on as usual.  Even with metres high of snow our village bus always got through.  Britain has definitely gone soft and I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut when I overhear locals here complaining.  Here in Suffolk we have not had a bad winter except its recently been very cold (for England!) and we even saw some ice.  How awful.....  Look forward to Summer 3135333095   s
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 7:06 pm

We have just spent 4 days in Pamporova ( Friday to Monday).and it snowed every day, which made for excellent skiing, although on Monday it did get a bit cold and windy. Now sitting in the village on my last full day in Bulgaria for this trip , and it is like a warm spring day (very pleasant).
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

oldun wrote:
I find it difficult to keep my mouth shut when I overhear locals here complaining.  :

Nawwwwwwww , canna believe that ......  Look forward to Summer 2142662594  ..... Look forward to Summer 3386807041  Look forward to Summer 1865348797
Back to top Go down
carolo
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Really weird weather here in the UK too. Just had a long weekend of work at home on the East Yorkshire coast - Friday was freezing cold 2 degrees and foggy - Saturday was pleasant and around 8 degrees - Sunday was freezing again and on Monday we were sat outside a local cafe in t- shirts drinking coffee after walking the dogs on the beach  Look forward to Summer 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 am

Can't wait it seems to have been such a long winter for us but I'm sre its going to be worth the wait and then we will all be moaning its to HOT Look forward to Summer 2142662594
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look forward to Summer   Look forward to Summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look forward to Summer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1