altText
altText

Drinking on duty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Dougie and I went to a small family own bar/restruant last night - The owners remembered us and we ordered simple stuff like omlettes and chips and salad. The wife took the order and we were sure she understood. Next thing we knew was the husband came to te table P***ed as a parret and reaked of booze. He politey asked us what we wanted. The man could not stand up but still he too the order and confirmed it to his wife. He staggered off and 10 minutes later he appeared again smartly dress in his work uniform - He appears to be a security guard somewhere. i was totally flabbergasted as off he trotts to do the night shift. Surely they would smell the booze on him when he arrived, that would be instant dismissal turning up for work drunk in the UK - are the rules so very different here in BG.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 pm

I remember some years ago my girlfriends dad was a train driver and he always popped into his local on the way to his shift, I went with him once just for what I thought was a quick one but to my astonishment he drank 4 pints before going off to drive his train which at that time a 2 hour journey and high speed. so yes it does happen and it probably will continue for a number of years. Drinking on duty 3023850720
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

Drinking on duty 1865348797 its not unusual oddy ...welcome to Bulgaria !
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Drunk Policeman Crashes into Gas Station in Bulgaria

A 36-year-old policeman from Kazanlak in Central Bulgaria has been caught driving drunk after he crashed into a gas station early Saturday morning.

About 4:30 am on Saturday, Hristo Todorov, a senior police officer from the Kazanlak Police Department lost control over his vehicle, and ran into an OMV gas station knocking down two fuel dispensers.

While the drunk policeman caused material damages, he appears to have been extremely lucky not have wounded or killed anybody as there were a number of people at the gas station in that moment.

Todorov was later found to have had a blood alcohol content of .145. His car features a sticker of the Bulgarian police.

The police have started a procedure against their colleague.

Drunk Ambulance Driver Causes Crash in Bulgaria's Lovech

A drunk ambulance driver caused a crash in the northern Bulgarian town of Lovech, but luckily no one was injured in the incident, police reported. The man who drove the ambulance into the opposite lane, thus hitting a car, was steering with blood alcohol level of 3,24 promiles, tests showed. In the time of the crash a patient was in the ambulance but he was not injured.
"
If blood tests prove that our driver was drunk, he would have to pay for the damage caused to the ambulance car,"
head of the Lovech emergency unit, Dr Tatyana Doncheva said. - See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... qZTrG.dpuf

Last edited by 346 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 pm

varnagirl wrote:
Drinking on duty 1865348797 its not unusual oddy ...welcome to Bulgaria !

Thanks VG. Drinking on duty 1536469901 Yes I am beginning to think you are right there! One of our neighbours has a few glasses of rakki and works hard all day bless him, has few ore at lunch time and most likely in the evening too. Sometimes when we meet him he looks pied eyed - Drinking is a way of life for most in the village. I just have to learn to mind my own business and leave the alone g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Oddy you are an innocent abroad! Drinking on duty 2381841692
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 am

oldun wrote:
Oddy you are an innocent abroad! Drinking on duty 2381841692

i am learning fast Oldun last year we had to have our roof tiles relaid - builders wanted beer - told the now way when you finish the roof you can have a beer, they were not impressed. The seem to drink thoughtout the day so on this new build of ours I will have to be very stern and make the rules very clear before hnd. Ido not make coffee and lunch for the nor will I give the beer or wine and none to be consumed whils working - I will leave kettle, coffee and biscuits from them but will have to watch Dougie as he will be running round afer them fetching and carrying making them drinks etc, this is his way - making it very hard for me than....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drinking on duty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinking on duty   Drinking on duty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drinking on duty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1