View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eatstaylove
Junior user
Junior user
eatstaylove

Sending money abroad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

As an expat here I often have to send money to the UK to pay bills etc and I just wanted to let you know about transferwise if you haven't heard of it as it's much easier than going to the bank! You set up an account online, enter the recipient details and then use your debit card (EUROS or Pounds) to send the money. I've used the service about four times now and the money arrives in my UK account about an hour after I've processed it online and they charge about 3 Euros! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

g
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 4:45 pm

I used transferwise to Bulgaria lev and was given a free transfer link for friends - A friend just used TransferWise and got a free transfer using this link. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. So easy will use them from now on. Sending money abroad - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Have done 3 transfers now and they have been just brilliant! but you have to click on the link to get the transfer up to £3000 free. Wish I found them sooner. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 9:42 am

Nationwide Building Society have given customers the option of tranferring their money into a 'FlexPlus' account at £10 a month, which gives free health insurance whilst abroad (holidaymakers only of course) and free car breakdown abroad (again only for holidaymakers). For joining the new account they will drop commission charges at ATM's, but still charge a "
non Sterling transaction fee"
of 2 per cent.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:59 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Nationwide Building Society have given customers the option of tranferring their money into a 'FlexPlus' account at £10 a month, which gives free health insurance whilst abroad (holidaymakers only of course) and free car breakdown abroad (again only for holidaymakers). For joining the new account they will drop commission charges at ATM's, but still charge a "
non Sterling transaction fee"
of 2 per cent.

So basically you are paying £10 a month for 12 months £120 a year for a holiday insurance and breakdown cover for probably 3 weeks a year but they still charge you 2% for transaction fee Hum!! Sending money abroad - Page 2 3998065313 does not sound like a deal to me. Sending money abroad - Page 2 3135333095

now this is a deal only if you use them the once Use this link and transfer up to £3000 free [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I’ve been using TransferWise to send money abroad. Really easy and a lot cheaper than the bank! Sign up now and get your first transfer for free.Cheers /Bernadette
Back to top Go down
Scanspeak
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 4:51 pm

If its for bills only, can you not ask the beneficiaries to direct debit you? I`ve had no issues with my clients contributing to their accounts this way.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Ok found a new company that transfers money on line it is called TransferGo They charge a massive 99p per transaction for any amount. They are very good.  I have been using TransferWise but now they charge £5 for every £1000 so much the same as banks now.

Here is the link should you wish to use it and the first transfer is free.   Do let us know how you get on

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sending money abroad   Sending money abroad - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sending money abroad

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2