View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carolo
Junior user
Junior user

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi
Only just over a couple of weeks till we come back over. I have been researching options for heating the house to complete the renovations - looks as though a woodburner will be the best of the options available - we have a village house. I was just wondering if anyone has had solar panels fitted for water heating and how readily available these are in Bg. We are way south near Tpolovograd so I am hoping the sunshine would be readily available for quite a few months of the year and would like to utilise solar as an alternative to electricity in the summer!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 8:14 pm

carolo wrote:
Hi
Only just over a couple of weeks till we come back over. I have been researching options for heating the house to complete the renovations - looks as though a woodburner will be the best of the options available - we have a village house. I was just wondering if anyone has had solar panels fitted for water heating and how readily available these are in Bg. We are way south near Tpolovograd so I am hoping the sunshine would be readily available for quite a few months of the year and would like to utilise solar as an alternative to electricity in the summer!

Hi Carolo I did a search on here re solar and found a few posts might be of help to you search.php?keywords=solar&
terms=all&
author=&
sc=1&
sf=all&
sr=posts&
sk=t&
sd=d&
st=0&
ch=300&
t=0&
submit=Search
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 am

Solar panels of both types are very efficient at converting the suns energy, the main gripe with them (for me) is that they provide an excess of energy when it's least required, ie too much hot water in a summer, and little in a winter when you need it most! In the summer Months i know many locals that simply use a long black hose pipe in the garden for their needs.
I can't vouch for Topolovgrad but there are plenty of suppliers in Burgas so can imagine it will be similar in your town, tho it maybe best that you see some working examples to get a feel for there performance. and they aren't so expensive to buy and fit. I'd be interested, should you fit them, of your results and degree of satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
carolo
Junior user
Junior user

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Many thanks for the advice - we will definitely look into it - sounds as if solar may be a good option
Back to top Go down
eshek
Junior user
Junior user

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:43 am

Hello all

I am curious to know why more people in Bulgaria are not making use of the solar energy available.

For the hot water system initially you need a collector (an old radiator painted black and stuck on the roof will do for a start!) a water tank some piping and a pump (depending on the system you use).

More information at this link which I hope you find useful

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you need further information I shall be glad to help out as I have just built and installed one (DIY) system in our Turkey house - it is better than the system we previously bought which had no control over the temperature of the water i.e. too hot in summer and cold in winter.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solar panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solar panels   Solar panels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solar panels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1