Arrival UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Well we have arrived safely together with the dog and our possessions. Weather bright one minute, rain the next. Missed the storm, thankfully and it was not as bad as the media hyped in our area. No delays at all - how good was that?
Settled in the caravan and Tom has some work. Not well paid but its a start. I thought I had posted that we had arrived but maybe not. Life is all over the place at present. Visited the vet today to get Xera's chip registered. She is very hyper with all the new things to learn but seems very happy and people love to stop and talk to her. This is dog heaven!!! More later and thanks for the PM Willowsend. s
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Glad to hear you're all settling in..but we miss you over here! Arrival UK 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Best of luck to you both oldun ... do try and pop in now and again to keep us all updated on this new chapter of life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Sincere good wishes to you both oldun - keep us updated on your adventures in the UK.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Arrival UK 2706089290 Good to hear from you Oldun and glad you are settling in to your now life. Keep us updated Best of luck to you both. :Arrival UK 1931734156: Arrival UK 3023850720 Arrival UK 3367882216
Back to top Go down
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:47 pm

I'd just like to add our best wishes for your new adventure. Glad you are still with us on here too ! Good luck Arrival UK 2581928987 Arrival UK 1763269238
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 pm

There you are oldun, I told you so, not a bad word to say about you both
Any way I have been looking up your location and I couldn't find Veliko Turnovo any where on the East Coast Arrival UK 1865348797
Don't desert us, as I have said a number of times in the past, I personally find your posts interesting, educated and sent from the heart. When you have got settled and these cold, dark winter nights are upon us give us a view/blog of your life in Bulgaria, perhaps I should have said write a book, it might become a best seller g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm

:Thank you:and Bless Willowsend. I needed to read that today. g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Keep your chin up 'kindred spirit'..we're still here. H
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello everyone. Typically I have bounced back again today. Weather fine, dog less hyper and I went to Lidls supermarket which is just across a field from us. Yeah yeah, I know I don't like supermarkets and I already use a local shop. In both, everyone was very friendly and I was one of the oldies all looking for a bargain. Food seems quite cheap although I won't mention pub drink prices! Met some other dog walkers too and its just like having a toddler with everyone intrigued by Xeras many spots and having little chats.

The campsite crew are ironing out a couple of electrical faults and have replaced gas bottles quickly. I went in to the reception for change for the laundrette and was given tokens for two washes and dries - how good is that?

Tom and I had a good chat reminding ourselves of the reasons we have returned after all these years and although its hard leaving everyone in our village, we still think it was the right thing to do. Confidentially, Tom shed tears daily before we left because he felt he really had some lovely Bulgarian mates. It was wonderful when so many came down our path to see us off and give us a picture. They all want to keep in touch on Facebook.

I am in the process of applying for my bus pass and have joined the library so I feel much more settled now. No doubt there will be a few more hurdles to jump but life is feeling good at the moment. s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 pm

That's more like you oldun, and I am pleased that the locals gave you a good send off g
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 am

What a shame you had to leave Bulgaria. I am sure you will return one day even if just to visit.

Good luck back in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arrival UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival UK   Arrival UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival UK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1