Advice about swimming pools needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Advice about swimming pools needed   Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am interested in having a swimming pool built in my garden as Bulgaria provides the perfect climate in the summer to make full use of one. However,having never owned or run one before I am interested to hear from anyone else who might have one what it is like to run and maintain a pool. Are they more hassle than they are worth. Do you have to use a shedload of chemicals in them and do you have to spend hours each week keeping them clean and are they expensive to run?

Of course I would like to hear the benefits too! For me, swimming is a great way to exercise but I would like to know the realities before dreaming about long hot summers in the pool.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Advice about swimming pools needed   Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Kazbegi say's, I am interested in having a swimming pool built in my garden as Bulgaria provides the perfect climate in the summer to make full use of one.
8mtrs x 4mtrs is a good size, 1mtr going to 1.5 mtrs depth

However, having never owned or run one before I am interested to hear from anyone else who might have one what it is like to run and maintain a pool.
A pool is not difficult to maintain, if you start off correctly. Perhaps 5 minutes every morning take your net and remove any debris (leaves etc) from the surface

Are they more hassle than they are worth.
No, not if you enjoy swimming and the water temperature is 27 degrees. It's great

Do you have to use a shed load of chemicals in them
No, Multifunctional 200 gram Tablets Ref: 041001008 £29.99
A 200 gram tablet containing chlorine, stabiliser, algaecide and flocculant.
Multifunctional tablets will almost look after all the chemical needs of your pool on their own especially in hard water areas.

Dosing Instructions
Place tablets in the skimming basket or floating dispenser.
Skimmer: 1 tablet per 50 cubic metres (11,000 gallons) of pool water. It will take 3 to 5 days to dissolve.
Floating Dispenser: 1 tablet per 32 cubic metres (7,000 gallons) of pool water. It will take 10 to 14 days to dissolve.
NEVER place tablets directly into the pool as severe bleaching/staining may occur.
If using a feeder or dispenser ensure that the tablets used are the same chemical (trichlorocyanuric acid). If another material has been used thoroughly wash the feeder out before adding tablets.
Maintain a chlorine level of 1-2ppm and a pH level of 7.2-7.6 in your pool.

Do you have to spend hours each week keeping them clean
As I have already said above 5 minutes a day but perhaps a little longer once a week to wash the walls and vacuum the bottom

Are they expensive to run?
It could be classed as a luxury, but it would depend on how much use it got, No fun activities are cheap

Of course I would like to hear the benefits too! For me, swimming is a great way to exercise but I would like to know the realities before dreaming about long hot summers in the pool.

Hope that gives you a little insight into the pro's and con's. If you would like more information I could pm you the details of my professional pool man who I have known for 7 years and he could show you his gallery of finished pools

Click on my link and see the pool he built and maintains
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Advice about swimming pools needed   Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks Willowsend that's exactly the information I was looking for. Much encouraged by what you have said. Will check the website out. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Advice about swimming pools needed   Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 am

Very helpful posts here. However, there is always one person who gives dire warnings about things they know nothing about and probably not living in Bulgaria. Sorry just had to say that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice about swimming pools needed   Advice about swimming pools needed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice about swimming pools needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2