We've Arrived !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BGBound
Senior user
Senior user

We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone .......... We've Arrived !! - Page 2 2581928987 After several false starts due to vehicle failure we eventually departed UK via Eurotunnel
towing our old caravan through 7 countries before crossing the new bridge from Calafat to Vidin and onwards to Borislav
near Pleven. We arrived at our home on the last day of July and so have been here for a fairly eventful fortnight!
Just got back online this evening ( wonderful ) and have been busy opening bank accounts etc and doing things around the
house. Will have plenty of questions I expect during the coming weeks !! Glad to see Mr &
Mrs Eq settling in so quickly ..... gives
us hope :LMHO:Glad to be back in touch and of course to be in BG at last ! David and Brenda We've Arrived !! - Page 2 2581928987 We've Arrived !! - Page 2 1763269238
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:17 am

Welcome to Bulgaria s
Back to top Go down
Ravda Girl

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:10 pm

That's great We've Arrived !! - Page 2 1660588075
Back to top Go down
ellisn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Congratulations, we are jealous as we wont be moving there until October We've Arrived !! - Page 2 927475117
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Equinus wrote:
Hi David and Brenda

When we applied for our Lichna Karta we had to go to Veliko Tarnovo as our village where we live is in the municipality of Veliko Tarnovo.

We arranged for a translator to come with us which was fortunate for when we brought our house we only opened up a Bulgarian bank account in our name although the deeds for our house is in both our names. Therefore we had to go to a notary office to then both sign a declaration to confirm that I would support my wife as she had no Bulgarian bank account.
After returning to the office for applying for our Lichna Karta our translator filled in the relevant forms. We took the deeds of our house, passports (you will need two photocopies of each one for the application form), EHIC cards (although of no use in BG once a resident), bank account details and a document signed by your Bulgarian bank stating the amount of funds in your account - 4000 lev was in ours). We then had to go to another desk to pay 11 lev for each application to then return back to the desk where we got the forms to them submit them. Two days later we went back on our own without the translator to collect our LK's (the white card version). This card does will not have your 10 digit identification number on it which was required for when we arranged for our car the be registered in BG. Although some other forum members had indicated they also received a piece of paper with their ID number we did not.

When we collected the white card we then applied for a photo ID Lichna Karta (22 lev each application). after duly getting the relevant application form we signed, dated it and then went to pay for the application at another desk to then return to the application desk to pay and then have our mugshot taken. We collected this second card two weeks later and this card has your 10 digit identification number on it along with your photo. We have been told this card saves you having to take your passport everywhere with you as proof of ID, although at the moment we still do take ours with us.

Both our Lichna Karta's are valid to the expiry date of our EHIC cards.

I am glad that due to the heat I had my hair cut short, for one thing I have learnt in the short time living here in BG is that you need patience as when getting some things done here it take longer (in some instances) and the amount of paper work/bureaucracy involved makes you want to pull your hair out. It is one of the things I am having trouble coming to terms living with here in BG is to slow down after having such a hectic lifestyle in the UK and getting my head round that not everything needs to be done today, but I am getting there.

Good luck and hope things go smoothly for you when applying for your LK's.

Dave

Congrats to you both, yes there is a lot of paperwork but not as bad as Turkey and done in no time in comprasison.

We've Arrived !! - Page 2 570106603 :We've Arrived !! - Page 2 1931734156: We've Arrived !! - Page 2 570106603 :We've Arrived !! - Page 2 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Very late but welcome to Bg and I hope you are enjoying your new life. We've Arrived !! - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We've Arrived !!   We've Arrived !! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We've Arrived !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2