AVG computer protection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

AVG computer protection Empty
PostSubject: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Why can i not download AVG protection on my computer. everytime i download the programme it says not protected and emails are not protected. spent all day on this and now geting fed up. AVG computer protection 794030042 AVG computer protection 794030042
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:54 pm

You should be able to download the free version but what it protects I don't know so perhaps that's why it isn't protecting your email because its the free version ? Just a thoughjt AVG computer protection 739492727
Back to top Go down
tedthered
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I use AVG, free version and never have a problem, also use firefox, and every time i shut down, i use crap cleaner.

If I open AVG up, it states that i have email protection, so I don't know what the answer is, unless you just reinstall

Cheers

Ted the Red
Back to top Go down
http://malandtedfromravda.com/
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Try Avira another free one.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:16 pm

thanks, i have downloaded it 8 times today, i have no idea why it wont fully protect my computer, but it wont. AVG computer protection 794030042 put avast back on it for now. AVG computer protection 1536469901
thinking of getting norton, it will cover up to 3 computers i believe, anyone got it, is it ok. g i think they are trying to make things difficult because they want you to pay for the better version. AVG computer protection 927475117
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:46 pm

So you manage to download and install for it to inform you that you are not fully protected!

Although it's a free version does it need registering (like Avast) before you can get fully covered etc?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 am

AVG Free version will keep telling you this ...I have used it on and off for years
What it is saying to you is .."
"
.we have better and more things covered for you but to use them you must pay and upgrade "
"
....sales ploy only
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 am

I have avast at the moment and the other computer has avg. now no emails are coming through on either computer. :Headbang AVG computer protection 794030042
some days i long for the old days of typewriters, envelopes and stamps and the faithful postman. :Dance: :Emmmm:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Chuck that Microsoft rubbish on the dust heap and buy yourself an Apple Mac, they are cheap now, especially secondhand. I have owned an Apple for many years now and they debug themselves when they close down and throw all the rubbish away they have detected whilst trawling the Net.

My computer detects bugs whilst looking at Facebook (goodness, Facebook, full of the things I believe!), sometimes bugs on Ebay, sometimes on Hotmail. So for a clear up, I just close the computer down and restart, no problem!!! Comes back on clean as whistle.

AVG computer protection 570106603 AVG computer protection 570106603 AVG computer protection 570106603 AVG computer protection 570106603
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:43 pm

I have purchased norton security. trying to download the cd, it keeps saying error, systems service not installed. AVG computer protection 2345823347 what systems service. not being very technical, i would have thought this would be automatically be downloaded. i just dont understand the jargon, so it might as well be written in bulgarian, chinese or any other language it chooses to be. not happy. AVG computer protection 927475117
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Sorry I missed your last post, so my next piece of advice is now possibly too late.

It would have been,
if you insist on buying Norton then please go to a shop and buy the CD, this makes it very easy for later use if needs be.
But first make sure your PC has adequate resources such as memory and HDD space because Norton is or at least was known for being a resource hog and could slow a PC down to a crawl almost making the PC unusable, so depending on your PC you may not want to use it.

If none of your emails are getting through, have you checked your on-line spam box to see if they are being sent to the bin by mistake.
(On the odd occasion I get good emails being sent to the bin, so you always need to check from time-to-time also)

As for downloading the file, then you should not need to have any resources installed to warrant a 'systems service not installed' notice.

Question:
How are you trying to download and from where?
Are you just trying to download the file to your PC before trying to install it?
Or are you trying to install it direct from Norton?

Only you need to download it first to your PC, then install from there.

Personally if you have not yet paid for it, then I would not use it, this is coming from a person who used to be a devote fan of Norton, but not any longer as on older PC's it gives too may slowness problems.

Also because we are not mind readers and we can't see what you are doing, so need you to be as precise as possible with any explanation.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Im installing it from the instructions from the cd. my o/h did his norton security straight away, but i need to enable something in the terminal systems service, which is double dutch to me. its done a reboot and a full scan for hours. it just keeps asking me to install again. im getting no where. AVG computer protection 794030042 AVG computer protection 794030042 AVG computer protection 794030042
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Likewise I don't understand why or what it's saying either.

I have purchased norton security. trying to download the cd,
Ok so you already have the disc and you mean you are trying to 'install' not download?

Did you first download from the AVG website the 'AVG removal tool'
When you download and run that it will turn oof and make sure AVG is installed properly as that might be part of the problem stopping Norton from installing.

[url:24oq4dlx]http:
//www.
avg.
com/gb-en/utilities[/url:24oq4dlx]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:32 pm

i have looked at my drivers and norton is there, it says device with removable storage, 0 bytes of 613 mb. what does that mean. AVG computer protection 794030042 it is a toshiba satellite 32bit, is that not big enough to take it. :Hair: :Hair: :Hair:
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:52 pm

i have looked at my drivers and norton is there,
Do you mean you have looked at your program files and Norton is in the list of installed programs or are you looking at the CD?

it says device with removable storage, 0 bytes of 613 mb. what does that mean.
That is possibly the CD you are looking at, and 613 MB could either be the free space or the size of the files on the CD.
Where did you get the CD from?
Did you download Norton then 'burn' (copy it to the CD) has it actually burnt to the CD, or get it the CD from a shop?

it is a toshiba satellite 32bit
Yes it should be ok, but only when Norton is installed will you really be able to tell.

It may sound awkward but you need to try and explain things as simply as possible with what you are attempting to do, even things like describing the 613 mb 'where exactly were you looking to get that information.

Have you downloaded and run the AVG Removal tool yet?
Sorry, but if not, why not, it has to be run to get rid of AVG, even AVG will tell you that, that is why they provide the tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVG computer protection   AVG computer protection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AVG computer protection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next