View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:27 am

First topic message reminder :

So how does everyone cope with the irritating and sometimes sore lumps which come up daily? I have always been a magnet for biting bugs, it seems I taste nice to them, and every year I get a few that are really troublesome.

But I usually see them, or hear them. But here, they are invisible and the first thing I know about it is the irritating lumps (always plural) So how do you fight something you can't see or hear? I have tried eating copious amounts of garlic, spraying with various concoctions, putting screens on windows, plug-in insect killers.

The result? I stink of garlic and repellent, and of germolene and witch hazel, come up with more lumps, keep everyone awake with scratching, get more lumps.....you get the picture.

Do I have to accept I am irresistible to invisible bitey things?

Answers on a postcard please!

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:53 am

Bazz, have you tried Amazon? They have Murine. Might be an option if you are short.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:47 am

Thanks, I ran out about two years ago..where do I find Amazon?
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 am

My sister said that rubbing insect bites with onion helps alleviate the itching. So diligently Sara and I have been rubbing our many mosquito bites with half an onion and it amazingly it works. Thinking about this I realised that in the natural world there is a similar behaviour. Before anyone says anything this is not Sara and I dealing with our bites. The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:18 am

Equinus wrote:
Thinking about this I realised that in the natural world there is a similar behaviour. Before anyone says anything this is not Sara and I dealing with our bites. The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797

After working at the zoo for so long I am sure you have a good idea how monkeys keep the flies away!!

The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 The unseen irritant! - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:30 pm

bgbazz wrote:
......I know the best relief for the itch, but might be better off telling you via PM.
Try the citronella as a repellent.
I think someone's taking the wee wee here.

Yes, urine is by far the best remedy and for after-bites it helps to sooth the effects of the bites.
And strangely enough it still has some effect if used just before you take a shower, maybe some of it gets absorbed into the skin, 'I don't know'
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:24 am

Hmmm...I think I would rather smell of onion! The unseen irritant! - Page 2 1865348797 It does work though, the onion I mean.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The unseen irritant!   The unseen irritant! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The unseen irritant!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-